SIAP Schiano was going to bring Burrow with him

IDGAF who he was bringing. I did not want that pedophile enabler at UT.
He wasn't a pedophile enabler. There is zero real evidence Schiano was remotely involved. The only link is the red headed guy who admitted that he (i.e. the red headed guy) walked in on Sandusky raping a kid said person A told him that person B said person C told him Schiano might have thought Sandusky was a pervert or something. It was quadruple hearsay to start with. And then person A, B, and C all denied under oath having told the red headed guy anything about Schiano. The red headed guy is a head case (as I am sure alot of people would be if they had walked in on an old man raping a kid and did nothing, seriously how could you live with yourself?). The red headed guy just tried to spread his own dishonor far and wide, misery loves company. I didn't want Schiano for a coach either, though in hindsight he was better than Pruitt but this supposed pedophile connection is a crock of shiot.

P.S. Just remember the guy who investigated Penn State is the same guy who falsely tried to pin the Atlanta Olympic bombing on Richard Jewell.

Last edited:
Just another potshot at Tennessee. Worse yet, is our fans pay attention to this hogwash as if we love wallowing in misery. We rightly told the university and Schiano to sassy their azzes elsewhere with the hire. Why continue to wallow in a pigsty of mud and excretion? We've been on life support for quite a while, and seem to only now begun a semblance of recovery. We retained our pride, dignity and common decency, why defile it with that Schiano "shet?" No matter IF he was going to bring Burrow or anybody else, it would have been wise of us to heed to the advice of the Roman poet Virgil: "Be wary of Greeks bearing gifts."

Last edited:
Tennessee fired Butch Jones as its head coach and the Vols’ search for his replacement reached Schiano.

Tennessee fans displayed their displeasure of discussion that Schiano was set to become the Vols’ next head coach. Fans protested and voiced their displeasure on campus, social media and on sports talk shows.

According to former NFL general manager Mike Lombardi, Schiano was set to bring eventual Heisman Trophy and national championship quarterback Joe Burrow with him to Tennessee.

Greg Schiano was going to bring Joe Burrow to Tennessee if hired as head coach
Schitano was fired from OSU the following season after UT passed on him because he was a bad DC…..even with all the OSU talent. Look how he was run out of town because of the crap he pulled while in Tampa Bay. And then the PSU allegations……no thank you. Burrow or not.

Schiano has never been know as a quarterback whisperer. He worked on a staff at OSU that did not utilize Burrow. Unless he hired a Joe Brady to UTK then Burrow would have been in the same situation. This crap is constantly brought up by people that are butt hurt about Schiano. OSU had the option to hire him as thier head coach and did not. That one thing makes everything else said a moot point.

There's little reason to think this is true. The Schiano situation occurred well before Burrow transferred. Are we really to believe Burrow was going to transfer because of his defensive coordinator, then backed out and decided not to transfer at all, then waited at OSU for many more months, and then transferred?

Call me crazy, BUT if Tenns AD at the time had of NOT USED Gruden rumors to keep the press and fans off his trail, while he worked a deal with Schiano, the hire would have worked out.. at the time.
But the AD thought he was being sly by using Gruden rumors as a screen to a Trophy Hire in his, and the Haslams, eyes..

The problem was up to about 3 hours before the UT plane, (Owned by the Haslams) was to have arrived with G Schiano on board, MOST Tennessee fans truly felt that John Gruden was going to step off that plane!

If the UT AD had of squelched the Gruden rumors say a week earlier, fans might have been open to the hire.. Fans werent as mad that it was Schiano, but were FURIOUS because most totally expected J Gruden as the hire.
Negative. Most fans in their right mind knew Gruden wasn’t ever coming here. I was full in on the Grumors the very 1st go around and even I knew there wasn’t a snowball’s chance in hell we’d get him. Turns out we avoided a mess there too.

Burrow or no Burrow, Schiano should never have been a candidate and it wouldn’t have worked out no matter what. LSU had WAY more talent than us at that time so we can’t assume that we would have inherited anything close to LSU’s performance/results.

And there’s no guarantee that he would have been as good as he was at LSU. Burrow wouldn’t have had the coaches he had at LSU, so I’d be willing to bet it wouldn’t have gone as well here. Tennessee also wasn’t nearly as talented as those LSU teams.

Knowing the UT BVS JG would have beat out Burrowso_O

Negative. Most fans in their right mind knew Gruden wasn’t ever coming here. I was full in on the Grumors the very 1st go around and even I knew there wasn’t a snowball’s chance in hell we’d get him. Turns out we avoided a mess there too.

Burrow or no Burrow, Schiano should never have been a candidate and it wouldn’t have worked out no matter what. LSU had WAY more talent than us at that time so we can’t assume that we would have inherited anything close to LSU’s performance/results.

This is so accurate!!!! Currie never even attempted to conduct a coaching search other than flirting with Mullen, he had his guy from the get go, that is why he was vacationing down in the Bahamas for a majority of the search.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Tennessee fired Butch Jones as its head coach and the Vols’ search for his replacement reached Schiano.

Tennessee fans displayed their displeasure of discussion that Schiano was set to become the Vols’ next head coach. Fans protested and voiced their displeasure on campus, social media and on sports talk shows.

According to former NFL general manager Mike Lombardi, Schiano was set to bring eventual Heisman Trophy and national championship quarterback Joe Burrow with him to Tennessee.

If anyone believes this, I've got some ocean front property to sell you...

Why is there such a love affair with Schiano, he is a mediocre coach at best. If he was so good he wouldn't be coaching Rutgers. I'm completely 100% relieved, happy, thrilled, that he was not hired.

If he had, Burrow would never have won the H.T. He would have been a fairly good QB on a below average team.

I'm gonna have to call b.s. on this one. The media's fascination with Schiano would make someone think that Rutgers would be the most publicized program in America....or is it they just want to take a dump on us for exposing their biases and cozy relationships with certain members of our administration. Shilling for clicks was never a good look.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
He wasn't a pedophile enabler. There is zero real evidence Schiano was remotely involved. The only link is the red headed guy who admitted that he (i.e. the red headed guy) walked in on Sandusky raping a kid said person A told him that person B said person C told him Schiano might have thought Sandusky was a pervert or something. It was quadruple hearsay to start with. And then person A, B, and C all denied under oath having told the red headed guy anything about Schiano. The red headed guy is a head case (as I am sure alot of people would be if they had walked in on an old man raping a kid and did nothing, seriously how could you live with yourself?). The red headed guy just tried to spread his own dishonor far and wide, misery loves company. I didn't want Schiano for a coach either, though in hindsight he was better than Pruitt but this supposed pedophile connection is a crock of shiot.

P.S. Just remember the guy who investigated Penn State is the same guy who falsely tried to pin the Atlanta Olympic bombing on Richard Jewell.
More penn state “it’s not that bad” BS

Burrow is certainly super talented, so it's possible he could have balled out here. But he was fairly lackluster his 1st year at LSU. Not bad by any means, but he certainly didn't seem like a future 1st round pick or really even a lock to be drafted. Joe Brady and an insanely talented group of offensive weapons had as much to do with his success in 2019 as anything.

Call me skeptical that a Burrow/Schiano mash up would have been overly succesful.

Schiano coached at a crap school and had an average record and he's an average coach.

Mullen coached at a crap school and had an average record and.....

Schiano was barely .500 at Rutgers his first go around. And this was when Rutgers was still part of the Big East, which was insanely weak following the departure of Miami, BC, and VT to the ACC. Granted, Rutgers was essentially a Vandy type program so a .500 was admirable. But hardly anything earth shattering considering the state of the Big East at the time. I mean UCONN and South Florida were part of the conference. He then failed miserably as an NFL HC and had a huge locker room controversy.

Mullen, OTOH was 69-46 at Ms State in the SEC West, during the Saban, Miles, Malzahn, Freeze eras and also saw Texas A&M join the division. That's a pretty substantial difference in wins and quality of opponents. And Mullen, while is a good coach, he isn't anywhere near an elite coach.

Schiano would have been a train wreck here. So was Pruitt. But that doesn't make Schiano the right here though. It seems like Fulmer tanked any chances of getting a quality HC.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back