Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep!! I still think the officials from a different conference should call SEC games, and the SEC sends refs to call other conference games. Then have a neutral crew call interconference game. It would not be that hard to do. SEC calls Big 10 one weekend, and Big 10 calls SEC. If one of the crew tries to show favoritism in a big game to try to cause a loss to one of the teams who may be a playoff contender, then the same can happen from the refs calling their games that weekend. It wouldn’t be that hard.
I have thought about it more. NCAA should employ officials and have a pool. Send them all over country with no conference affiliation. Again, train them, pay them well, and hold them accountable.

Despite all the complaint worthy problems, why in the world would UT leave the ultimate group of college football competitors? You cannot find an better place to build a team that can compete for championships. I wouldn't be surprised if the SEC had 3-4 teams in the college playoffs when they expand...

Ask @peaygolf or @TennesseeGolfer why…they probably went straight to the game and forgot the golf ball was in their pocket…looked like a pitching wedge the way it landed. Almost holed out! They deserve applause 😂

I was told it was a range ball. :cool:

kinda hard to "forget" you have a ball in your pocket...................Planned attack!

Actually, reasonable and fair imo.

Considering the fact that the SEC has not fined anybother member schools for the same or similar offense, not reasonable nor fair. The fans rushing the field is only a $100k in comparison. Could be much more dangerous than throwing plastic water bottles…

I would call it a wash if the officiating crew is suspended indefinitely. Also if there’s a rules change on defensive injuries for substitution purposes.
Rule:
1. Only “injured” player can be subbed for if offense doesn’t sub any players.
2. “Injured” player must remain out for the remainder of this defensive series. If they are cramping then they must show evidence that they have been rehydrated before being allowed to resume play. This is for player safety. Impartial medical personnel evaluate the hydration status.
3. If it happens more than 5 times in a game, coach is assessed unsportsmanlike penalty. More than 10 times and coach is banned from the game for 2 full half games. (Can carryover to the next game, just like targeting) Cannot be in any communication with remaining staff or players.
4. If the same player goes down twice with “cramps” they must sit the remainder of the current game regardless of being rehydrated.
5. If they do have 10 players down then said school is fined $250k AND on probation with lack of institutional control charge that will result in loss of wins and conference money if the same thing happens during the following 12 months. This last one is to show that the SEC is serious about player safety.
6. If it happens twice with the same head coach, then coach receives a season ban without monetary compensation of any kind. The entire staff has saleries cut in half with no way to recoup the lost revenue.

Too much? I think not. 😎

Last edited:
Despite all the complaint worthy problems, why in the world would UT leave the ultimate group of college football competitors? You cannot find an better place to build a team that can compete for championships. I wouldn't be surprised if the SEC had 3-4 teams in the college playoffs when they expand...
Money trumps all, no doubt. It does create a dilemma though. It's hard to see how Tennessee will ever be in contention for championships when the conference is intent on keeping you down. There is no doubt in my mind that the conference favors certain teams and intentionally tries to hold down others. It happens in all aspects of the system. Recruiting violations have different standards, events like Saturday are handled differently, obviously officiating favors certain teams. It's ludicrous to think we'd ever leave this cash cow but I guess because of the cash, we just have to accept the screwing we get.

Used to the fans that filled Neyland stadium wielded a big stick. Ungodly amounts of TV money have neutered the fans.

My son is a current pride member and just spoke with him and he confirmed that multiple members were hit with flying water bottles. A cymble player was swatting them with his cymbles.
a6e48234fa96c5716bbbc41f68f26c27.gif

boondock-saints-boondock.gif

If we get enough people wanting to give $$, here's what we do:

Set up a go-fund-me
Set up a 401-c
Pick a genuine charity (I nominate ST Judes)
Pay 50% to that charity
Pay remaining 50% to recruit(s), NIL money to be spokesperson.

its-science-anchorman.gif

That’s awesome. I nominate @InVOLuntary to spearhead this endeavor…😎

I've always thought some place like Charlotte ... no SEC team there, but still makes sense logistically and geographically.
Memphis. Pretty much the geographic center of the conference once Texas and OU get here. The TN teams are further away than Ark and Ole Miss, so it would be hard to claim too much bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back