Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player goes down with an injury and he comes back in the same drive it should be a 10 yard penalty and automatic first down. It’ll solve the problem real quick

I affirm this. Or the player "injured" should have to sit out 4 downs, at least, for proper evaluation. If a player goes down hurt, they shouldn't be coming back in the next play or two. It's obvious what's happening. And everyone recognized it as a dirty tactic.

A rule MUST be created for the sake of the game. Otherwise, it will get much worse and encourage dirty tactics like this, games will stretch out to 4+ hours (like last night), and it will take away from the quality of play.

Nobody wants to watch football become like a soccer game where players are flopping all over the field inorder to stop the opposition from creating an advantage. Which is exactly what was done to us last night. We will deal with this the rest of the year and next unless a ruling is created.

It’s not talking about the spot. But how far away the ref is that made the call. He’s at the LoS making that call. He doesn’t have the angle for that

Which makes it all moot. Just go to the booth for the spot since there is no line judge within the field of vision of the spot.

Danny is handling this the best way he can and I think he is doing it right. Donde is a bitc and she needs to be fired after her tweet. Someone needs to take her twitter account down. She has no clue and I am on the side of sending her butt to the road.
Donde hasnt had a clue since she was hired. She still thinks she's in little ol Nebraska whatever they were.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Danny is handling this the best way he can and I think he is doing it right. Donde is a bitc and she needs to be fired after her tweet. Someone needs to take her twitter account down. She has no clue and I am on the side of sending her butt to the road.
I deleted my Twitter account - what did she say?

Still trying to figure out how you allow a strip-score to happen, RUNNING WITH THE PLAYER, NOT WAVING OR BLOWING IT DEAD, indicating a TD, then convening and saying "ah yeah we should have blown the whistle"

HUH???
The first part is easy to explain and the way it should be. Whenever there's a chance that there MAY have been a fumble, you let it play out, then go back and decide. Better to go back and figuring out it wasn't a fumble after not blowing it dead than going back and figuring out it was a fumble but you've already blown it dead. They did that part right. It was the next part they screwed up.

It’s not impossible to make a rule against it you just make them sit out an entire series before re entering the game

It really is that simple. The Kiffin's of the world will still try to find a way to game it or something else. But that handles it well.

There are good reasons the 10 second run off rule with a penalty happened after our Music City Bowl screwing. It made it even into the NFL. It's time for our most recent screwing to make it into the rulebook as well.

Tim Banks better be in the film room learning from his mistakes of letting Corrall run free every freakin 3rd down last night and not having someone spy/cover him... especially in the second half... sorry, but that's a fail. You take away just 2-3 of those in the second half alone and we are in a completely different situation, especially with how much time would be remaining for us.

I don’t know much about football but it seemed we would have someone in place but Corrall always seemed to have a lead blocker. Don’t really remember seeing that on qb runs before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishvol
I didn’t like how she handled the investigation but am willing to give it a chance to work it’s way out….. none of us knows how she is handling the rest of her job…. I didn’t have an issue with the tweet condemning throwing objects on the field or was there more that she tweeted?

Reactions: OrangenSC

What was Donde’s tweet? I haven’t seen it. Anyone have it quick to share?

If he's hurt enough to have to stop play then he shouldn't be playing so soon anyway.

My concern is they'll just put scrubs in to fake the injury.
One of the main reasons to fake the injury is to get substitutions for tired the players. That'd mean the subs had seen quite a bit of playing time.

The one saving grace is that Rutgers lost to Northwestern yesterday or we’d have had to hear even more about how awesome Schiano is and are wrong for having boycotted.

Anyone who thinks we would be better off with Schiano is crazy. I don't care that we had to deal with Pruitt to end up with Hype over Schiano. Ubder Schiano we would at best be in year 4 of a coach on the hot seat, IMO. Heupel's and Banks coaching has convinced me that we are going to be really good after a couple of full classes. I can't think of any available coaches we could have gotten in the last 5 years who could have done this much with this roster

Defensive Head coaches have to get elite OCs to have success and they are the most likely to get HC offers with any success. Much better to have an HC who is an elite play caller and can develop QBs so the offense is consistent if a coordinator gets hired away. Saban has had elite offensive coaches and of course talent....UGA has had an elite defense but hasn't won a championship because they haven't had good enough offensive coaching until possibly Monken. We will see if its enough.

I'm happy and feel confident we are in good hands with coaches who can get the most out out of lower rated players and a thin roster. Who else would have had us this competitive this soon in these circumstances? We've seen most of the players on this team play under other coaches and look much worse....that has me excited for the future. Milton is the only guy not improved over last year and that's not Heupel's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back