Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no rule that says you can't fake an injury to get a free timeout. It's unethical, but not illegal or cheating.
The premise of the existing rule is an injury. If the premise is not met the rule does not apply.

Edit: I do understand there are enforcement issues.

What really bothered me is that throwing **** on the field doesn’t only hit Ole Miss. Other fans, our cheerleaders, our band all in the line of fire.

Could have been someone’s son or daughter at their first UT game getting pelted with beer.

That’s what bugs me the most honestly. I get the “why” but the majority of our fans were also quick to condemn rioting behavior but it’s okay now for a damn football game?

If we saw any other fan base do that we’d collectively be all over that. You can’t have it both ways

Defensive coaching is top notch, need more depth to reach it's potential but Banks has the makings of a top 10 defense annually. Heup is a top notch play caller, once he gets a QB who can really push the ball vertically he will be lethal and may bring a Heisman with the right prospect. For the first time in a while I never felt we were out of the game. Refs screwed the pooch, fans let them know about it, deal with it. They owe us a fair fight and last night was anything but. Last but not least, Dayne Davis isn't a SEC tackle. It's a miracle we could even function on O after Cade went down.

One negative:

The guy running the Jumbotron did no favors by only showing an angle that looked like we got the first down. 102,455 people all KNEW it was a first down. I don’t believe stuff gets thrown if the correct angle is shown.

I’d say you’re wrong. The events that transpired with less than a minute to play didn’t stem from that play alone. It was an accumulation of officiating malpractice that led to the carpet bombing of Shields-Watkins Field. The late-game 4th down call was just the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back. Yes, it was short, and I said that in live action.

We didn’t do ourselves any favors with regard to the things we could control. If we stopped Corral once or twice more on the 10+ 3rd and 4th down conversions (and most were long—7 yds +) or if Heupel didn’t go brain dead on a few drives, we’re slinging celebratory corn liquor jars instead of water bottles and crushed Miller Lite cans.

A lot went wrong that was out of our control, namely the reprehensible officiating and momentum-killing fake injuries, but we didn’t capitalize enough where we should have. We’re not UT of the ‘90s, and no one is going to help us climb to the top. We have to do that ourselves, and if the current leadership doesn’t have the stomach (or nuts?) to help us get there, no matter how ugly the process may be, then they can step aside and yield to someone who does.

I knew it was over when I seen HH go down. I had zero faith in Milton, just did not know how he was going to screw it up.Did not see that coming but after he did what he did , I was not even surprised. Now I wonder what made Tenn fans get so wrapped up in Milton when he picked Tenn. I was like did they not see his film at Michigan? I hope he left this morning
I never understood it either other than the insane physical gifts and the broken hand excuse made me think they could be right....nope he is what I said he was back when we first started talking about him...actually he is worse.

The premise of the existing rule is an injury. If the premise is not met the rule does not apply.

Edit: I do understand there are enforcement issues.
They could say "ref I'm faking" while lying on the ground. The rule is if you lie down the click stops. The intent of the rule was for injuries, yes.

Milton had no choice but to go out of bounds. There where 3 defenders on him. You saw him go to throw but that was after he had crossed the LOS. If you all remember Kamara did the same thing vs Vandy in 16.

Milton tried to make a play. None of us that werent at the game know if anyone was open in the end zone. Im assuming not since he ran. Im also assuming the guy made the play he thought was best.
Lol...he was supposed to throw it up no matter what, that's why it is called a "Hail Mary", it is just a prayer of a chance your guys can do what JJ did to UGA.

There is no f'n reason or excuse for what he did...NONE.

They could say "ref I'm faking" while lying on the ground. The rule is if you lie down the click stops. The intent of the rule was for injuries, yes.
Right now it's practically unenforceable. I get it. Not trying to spit hairs. Definitely a rule making challenge.

Edit: We could conduct injury inquests after each game and if a player is caught faking his team would forfeit. [Bluish].

Look, here is the thing. It is not logical to think that hb will start, or even play that much against bama. He is no where ready, never has been in the conversation, and its not logical to think that he can get ready to play in a week. Thats not to say if Milton struggles Saturday we may throw him in late, especially if the game is out of reach, but it is not likely. I do feel like Hookers injury is a long term injury, given how late it is in the season I doubt he will play again. If Milton struggles vs bama, I do feel like then they will use the bye week to get HB ready to start, or at least make it an open competition between Milton and Bailey
Bailey can't be any less ready or worse than Milton, and he at least has heart.

For those of you who are out for blood, wild, going crazy, throwing trash and golf balls, and those defending it...I get it, I totally do. I love the passion! And, I understand why you feel the way you do, and felt it had to be done.

Still, it's embarrassing, and should have never happened. Just think, we ran our own out of our own stadium...our Volunteer brothers and sisters, who gave their all last night. We ran our cheerleaders off the field, our band out of the stands, and our student section was taken somewhere (still not sure what happened there??)...WITH 54 SECONDS LEFT, AND 3 TIMEOUTS! Like someone said, he had his 65 year old mother there, she's a Vol sister, and he was worried she was going to get hit.

Again, I never thought in a million years, or the 35 years I've been a fan, would I say fcuk the SEC, I'm to the point of wanting to leave. I'm all for US vs everybody else...bring them the fcuk on. However, never chunk sh!t like you did last night. It's not about not wanting to rebel, it's all about looking after our own.

I never understood it either other than the insane physical gifts and the broken hand excuse made me think they could be right....nope he is what I said he was back when we first started talking about him...actually he is worse.
Milton is Vince Young between the ears. I've seen 5'9 walk ons with more heart. Ship his arse off to UTEP at seasons end.

Lol...he was supposed to throw it up no matter what, that's why it is called a "Hail Mary", it is just a prayer of a chance your guys can do what JJ did to UGA.

There is no f'n reason or excuse for what he did...NONE.
At least toss the ball back. Not run out of bounds. It’s like spiking ball or throwing it away on 4th down

Milton had no choice but to go out of bounds.[/B] There where 3 defenders on him. You saw him go to throw but that was after he had crossed the LOS. If you all remember Kamara did the same thing vs Vandy in 16.

Milton tried to make a play. None of us that werent at the game know if anyone was open in the end zone. Im assuming not since he ran. Im also assuming the guy made the play he thought was best.
He literally could've run backwards, all the way into our own end zone, then back to our 10 yard line, hurled it 90 yards, and that would have better odds of a winning outcome than running out of bounds with zero seconds on the clock.

Refs are taught to follow the play from behind - not 20 yards behind, but that was the case because of it being 4th and 27 - they are also taught to go to where the play ends and walk it in about 1 yard back as falling forward normally means the ball was 1-2 short of that when the knee actually goes down.

They have a method of how to spot the ball and that is it. Run to the end of the play and walk it in from the sideline but take it back 1 yard and that is normally the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back