Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only problem with this is that it ends up being a major punishment for those who are actually hurt. Imagine a corner getting the wind knocked out of him on a tackle and then having to sit around 9 or 10 more plays until the drive is over because of this rule. Seems harsh for an actual injury

You have to stop the fake injuries somehow, that is the best way to do it. Sit an entire series. Trust me dudes won’t be coming out of the game as often if that is the case, even if they are a little injured. They won’t be laying on the ground.

That’s how it should be. If the guy is hurt he needs to try and get to the sideline and get subbed out. And if he doesn’t make it welp that’s tough crap. Get the 10 yd penalty.

But 17 injuries where players seemingly came back in right afterwards is just cheating at its finest and should be addressed.

One negative:

The guy running the Jumbotron did no favors by only showing an angle that looked like we got the first down. 102,455 people all KNEW it was a first down. I don’t believe stuff gets thrown if the correct angle is shown.
I am super proud of our team, 99% of the fans and the atmosphere looked incredible. Tough breaks and so depleted, but we are on our way. Passion, energy, fight and excitement. So many superlatives.

i have heard all the arguments against enforcing an injured player to sit out. I have heard all the arguments for.

It is a no-brainer that the easiest fix, AND consideration for player safety, is to have them sit out the rest of the drive.

If they're really injured they should be out anyway, if they aren't injured then this fixes the gaming of the system.

The best argument against doing it is that a player that got his bell rung won't want to the leave the game and it could lead to greater concussion risk or brain injury. While it is a valid concern, it is the ONLY case for not enforcing mandatory sit outs, and it's on the staff to educate the players on how to maintain their concussion prevention.

If you're laying down on the field or receiving treatment, you need to be moved to the sideline and the game needs to continue.

If everyone really cares about player safety, it's the best way to handle this issue going forward.

That picture shows that we didn’t gain the First Down the ball was in his left hand not his right hand.

I’m not hating on the refs for that call, but they have a lot of explaining to do on the scoop and score, they also have a lot of explaining to do for not talking to Kiffin about all the fake injuries at some point a ref has to tell the Coach it is unacceptable.

I mean 17 injuries and somehow all those injuries managed to complete the game? Give me a break. The league needs to fix it.

Also, I’m beating a dead horse but Milton never needs to see the field again and he let His teammates down and showed why he should never see the field again. His team battled all game, the fans battled all game, for him to just step out of bounds.

Never ever should he step on the field.
It’s not talking about the spot. But how far away the ref is that made the call. He’s at the LoS making that call. He doesn’t have the angle for that

Lmao the players love all the fan support but all the sissy posters on here like “gah damn y’all should be ashamed and embarrassed” 🤡

Do what you do for the players, not the public perception/media. Us vs. everyone mentality
We don’t need to be throwing things bc someone is going to get hurt….. I understand bc I was ready to throw things as well but my 65 year old mom was being hit by thrown objects…. It can have unintended consequences.

If he's hurt enough to have to stop play then he shouldn't be playing so soon anyway.

My concern is they'll just put scrubs in to fake the injury.
The scrubs would have to play the down, so that would be a negative to deter faking injuries. Unless they sent them on and the second they stepped on the field they fell down. But when it gets that ridiculous you can justify throwing a flag.

Anyone got a count for how many Ole Miss players or occasions had to get walked off the field?

Extra credit if you can count how many were able to return ☕
I didn’t count myself but I’ve seen someone on Twitter say 22 on defense. I know Campbell got “injured” 3 times yet came back in the same drive each time

You have to stop the fake injuries somehow, that is the best way to do it. Sit an entire series. Trust me dudes won’t be coming out of the game as often if that is the case, even if they are a little injured. They won’t be laying on the ground.

That’s how it should be. If the guy is hurt he needs to try and get to the sideline and get subbed out. And if he doesn’t make it welp that’s tough crap. Get the 10 yd penalty.

But 17 injuries where players seemingly came back in right afterwards is just cheating at its finest and should be addressed.
It's not cheating if there's no rule against it. Epitome of don't hate the player hate the game.

Reactions: Hoghater
Nothing good is going to come from this. The criticism and consequences are going to be one-sided, precipitating cause is going to be ignored and UT is going to self-punish. I doubt there will be an internal consensus, but one way or another, it will further stress relationships.

Danny is handling this the best way he can and I think he is doing it right. Donde is a bitc and she needs to be fired after her tweet. Someone needs to take her twitter account down. She has no clue and I am on the side of sending her butt to the road.

"Feigning" injuries to slow down an opposing offense's tempo and rhythm must stop, according to John McDaid, the SEC's Coordinator of Football Officials. "This is something that's been talked about the last two or three years," McDaid said Tuesday.Jul 20, 2021

I, josh heypel, assume this will happen every week until the sec changes it for Alabama

High School recruits don't have the same mindset as Pete Thamel. I don't understand the idea that they will be turned off by the end of the game trash throwing. Last night was probably one of the craziest atmospheres these recruits have ever seen.
I can guarantee you parents weren’t thrilled with watching our dance team and band evacuate the field covering their heads, whether that was an overreaction or not, it happened

If he's hurt enough to have to stop play then he shouldn't be playing so soon anyway.

My concern is they'll just put scrubs in to fake the injury.
If they’re “hurt” enough to stop play, they need to sit the rest of the possession. I actually think this would stop the fake injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back