'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

Ya think injuries nay have had an impact on play calling? When has this guy ever played "conservatively"?

Ole Miss has a great offense and our defense is extremely shorthanded..and yet we won the game..the refs just stole it.
And yet when it mattered most he went “conservative”. Hooker was having success through the air yet hype continued to put our offense in 3rd and longs by running back to back inside zones. He did it on more than just 2 drives, luckily Hooker made multiple good plays on 3rd and long in the 2nd half. Davis continued to get blew up everytime we ran it inside. Yet we continued to do it

Our defense played great, they played their heart out. The play calling was good on 1st and 2nd down. Yet on the “money down” the play calling was lacking. It’s like Florida vs UT in 2015 all over again. We couldn’t get a 4th down stop. Banks was aggressive on 1st and 2nd and then guarded the sticks on 3rd down and corral made us pay

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Yup, still don’t understand it. There was never a dead ball whistle. During the whole play. It was signaled a touchdown.

You can’t just come back and change your mind lol. Doesn’t make sense.
and there was no review when they reversed it. Everyone was confused.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
What I posted before the game…

1️⃣ & 2️⃣ I think are solid…

3️⃣ - oh my, what a night.

I stand by this thought, the real story of the game is that we had 4 possessions in the 2nd half with a chance to take the lead. All 4 drives stalled. That’s the story. Whether holding penalties, curious play calling, shaky OL play, or bad decisions by Hooker, those drives all fell short.

That’s not about the refs, fans throwing trash, or even Matt Corral. Just flat out missed opportunities.

BS. That is not the real story. The real story is all things equal, even with those drives, a fairly called game gives us another 7 points and we win.

Period. Stop making excuses for the officials. We didn’t lose, the fact is we weren’t allowed to win.

Reactions: franklinpence
and there was no review when they reversed it. Everyone was confused.
Can’t review a dead ball. That’s why the whole things was egregious.

It’s one thing to call a dead ball if you actually blew your whistles. But for the entire play to continue and a touchdown to be signaled without a single whistle being blown.

You can’t come back and call dead ball on that.

If you are talking about the fu blue that was a fumble, it wasn’t a dead ball. The refs were running downfield with our players and not blowing a whistle. Complete hose job!!!!
Uhh yes that’s my point. That’s why it was egregious.

No one blew a whistle, hence, the play is still live, we scored, the touchdown was signaled.

You can’t come back after those direct calls are made and then call the ball dead like the refs ended up doing. You have no grounds to do that if there was never a whistle blown, which there wasn’t.

I almost feel bad for Milton. Quit attacking him so viciously. He clearly pissed his pants on that last play and wasn't clear headed.

That being said, you can't be at this level and expect to be a successful QB when you cave like that when it matters.

But you are saying it...I get the frustration man but damn...can you really not see the potential with this staff? How the F did they even keep it close with all these injuries?
I mean.. Yeah I agree. But it's just another 'almost'.

I'm pretty sick of those. Effin win. When it matters.

Reactions: Smokey123
Uhh yes that’s my point. That’s why it was egregious.

No one blew a whistle, hence, the play is still live, we scored, the touchdown was signaled.

You can’t come back after those direct calls are made and then call the ball dead like the refs ended up doing. You have no grounds to do that if there was never a whistle blown, which there wasn’t.

Heupel needs to attack the refs for stuff like that. Absolutely absurd

BS. That is not the real story. The real story is all things equal, even with those drives, a fairly called game gives us another 7 points and we win.

Period. Stop making excuses for the officials. We didn’t lose, the fact is we weren’t allowed to win.

I’m not making excuses for the officials 😂.

Let’s play out the strip sack TD scenario…which I agree completely was a horrendous call by the refs.

✅ they took away the TD, but We got the ball because it was 4th down, with great field position.

✅ The drive stalled

✅ We punted them deep and got the safety.

✅ We got the ball on the short kickoff and drove down for another TD.

✅ On the strip sack scenario, we actually ended up with 9 points instead of 7. We had a two point lead once it all played out. No one, absolutely No one, knows how the game would have played out if the strip sack would have counted. But we ended up with a safety we probably would have never gotten. That safety had us in position to have 4 possessions in the 2nd half to take the lead.

✅ I was ticked about the strip sack and the bad 4th down spot, but we lost the game because we kept stalling out drives when we had the opportunity to take the lead. Period.

What I posted before the game…

1️⃣ & 2️⃣ I think are solid…

3️⃣ - oh my, what a night.

I stand by this thought, the real story of the game is that we had 4 possessions in the 2nd half with a chance to take the lead. All 4 drives stalled. That’s the story. Whether holding penalties, curious play calling, shaky OL play, or bad decisions by Hooker, those drives all fell short.

That’s not about the refs, fans throwing trash, or even Matt Corral. Just flat out missed opportunities.
100% this.

And after the bad spot - which we put ourselves in a 4th and 27, I did not think we would get the ball back.

But we did. So much to take away.

Reactions: C-town Vol
there are lots of things we could have done to win. but we didn't. i didn't expect a win.

6-6 is still possible
I told all y'all before the season that with significant injuries to this ultra this roster that this team would be pressed to win 5 games with 4-8 more than likely..I was wrong.

We are winning six depite the really significant injuries because this staff is really good and has already vastly improved this team.

This staff is the real deal...for craps sake people don't go toxic.

Not talking about you Jack...

I’m not making excuses for the officials 😂.

Let’s play out the strip sack TD scenario…which I agree completely was a horrendous call by the refs.

✅ they took away the TD, but We got the ball because it was 4th down, with great field position.

✅ The drive stalled

✅ We punted them deep and got the safety.

✅ We got the ball on the short kickoff and drove down for another TD.

✅ On the strip sack scenario, we actually ended up with 9 points instead of 7. We had a two point lead once it all played out. No one, absolutely No one, know how the game would have played out if the strip sack would have counted. But we ended up with a safety we probably would have never gotten. That safety had us in position to have 4 possessions in the 2nd half to take the lead.

✅ I was ticked about the strip sack and the bad 4th down spot, but we lost the hame because we kept stalling out drives when we had the opportunity to take the lead. Period.

At the end of the day, 7 more points win the game for us, no? Math is pretty simple here. The what if’s are stupid.

VN Store

Back