'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

Couple of things:

1️⃣ - Let’s not put too much stock in the outcome of tonight’s game, as it pertains to trying to perceive Heupel’s future in Knoxville. He can lose this game and still be a successful coach here, lasting 6+ seasons. He can win this game and flame out in 3-5 years (Butch beat USCe in year 1 & beat Florida/Georgia in year 4 — Pruitt beat Auburn in year 1 and had an 8 game winning streak at one point).

2️⃣ - I hope we play well. It’s that simple. Win or lose, I just don’t want us to come in and be mental midgets. Don’t lay an egg.

3️⃣ - I hope, if it’s a close game, we don’t have a reason to be 😡 at the refs when this one is over. I hope the refs are practically invisible tonight.

What I posted before the game…

1️⃣ & 2️⃣ I think are solid…

3️⃣ - oh my, what a night.

I stand by this thought, the real story of the game is that we had 4 possessions in the 2nd half with a chance to take the lead. All 4 drives stalled. That’s the story. Whether holding penalties, curious play calling, shaky OL play, or bad decisions by Hooker, those drives all fell short.

That’s not about the refs, fans throwing trash, or even Matt Corral. Just flat out missed opportunities.

How does throwing **** punish the refs? UT will be the one that's punished when we get fined for it, and we will get fined for it.

It doesn’t, but it makes more of a statement other than “yes sir, thanks, can we have another fricking please?”.

Something needs to be done. What would you suggest? The same official channels for grievance? Give me a break. It the same crap every year.

Tell me right now this would happen to Bama or Auburn or UGA? If you think so you are naive as F.

Reactions: gainesvol82
View attachment 403599going forward, I’d rather see Hendon Hooker come on the field strapped to a Gernie like this to play QB for us than to watch Milton play another down at QB
Eh, the kid choked. He panicked. He's not good, but I don't get the hatred for a kid who simply screwed up and really didn't impact the game beyond taking away our 0.001% chance that a prayer to the end zone would have been completed.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra and jp1
Personal responsibility is real*

*Unless you're an SEC referee (in which case, **** it)
I'd love to see their asses fired, or punished in some real tangible way. Maybe we could let you spank them. You'd enjoy that. But throwing **** didn't punish them in any way.

It’s true. You can support a coach and staff while still criticizing them. Corral had 200 yards rushing. He has 250 on the year total. He’s had one other 100 rushing game in his career. He’s not Lamar Jackson. They ran the exact same play with the same look over and over and we continued to sit back on our heels and 3rd and long and let him pick it up

We punted the ball what 6 of our first 7 drives for a total of 70 yards? We finally got an INT and forced a punt with under 5 minutes and both times ran to the teeth of the defense when they were shutting down Small and Hooker was torching them through the air and on QB Draws Just to have 3rd and 20+ and put our offense in horrible spots.

RB power was the only play small had any success with yet we continued to go to the inside zone time and time again just to get 0-2 yards. Yes the play calling was not good and not up to par with how Hype normally is
Ya think injuries nay have had an impact on play calling? When has this guy ever played "conservatively"?

Ole Miss has a great offense and our defense is extremely shorthanded..and yet we won the game..the refs just stole it.

I don’t give a ****. But I don’t blame the fans one bit. How long are we supposed to sit back and take this crap?

Throwing trash on our own field does what to help the situation though?

The admin/power that be went hard to clean house after the cluster that Phil brought in. Somehow we managed to get the right people to come on board and in year 1 we’re competing with top 15 teams despite walk ons playing nearly all over the field because of how thin we are.

Fans can be mad, I get it. I am super pissed at the officials. But that behavior doesn’t help anyone and it created more work for the UT crew. And a fine will come down for the school as well because of it.

He would have thrown an interception. I don't know what Milton was thinking, but he did come in with 18 seconds and expected to perform a miracle Probably have to play against Bama, now.
Yeah, after four tedious hours on the bench he was probably dreamin' about a fishing retirement on the inter-coastal waterway.

Eh, the kid choked. He panicked. He's not good, but I don't get the hatred for a kid who simply screwed up and really didn't impact the game beyond taking away our 0.001% chance that a prayer to the end zone would have been completed.
I don’t hate him.
he has no football IQ.
and there aren’t many if any teams who can win with a QB with no football smarts. Especially running this offense.

Taking that TD off the board was a flagrant violation of the rules but nobody will be held to account for it.
This. Bottles should have been thrown then if people were going yo throw them, not on the questionable but possibly correct 4th down spot. That was a huge violation of the rules, you can't rule forward progress in replay if the play wasn't blown dead, by rule forward progress is not reviewable.

It doesn’t, but it makes more of a statement other than “yes sir, thanks, can we have another fricking please?”.

Something needs to be done. What would you suggest? The same official channels for grievance? Give me a break. It the same crap every year.

Tell me right now this would happen to Bama or Auburn or UGA? If you think so you are naive as F.
So you think fans throwing **** is going to change how we're viewed, make it better?

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Man...we ain't been getting nothing but 💩 like this for years..what happened tonight is the result. They screw us every chance they get..

Honestly it looked like we were just short on that 4th down. But the strip 6 called back was BS, of that's the case any time you touch the QB he's down by contact.

Still doesn't excuse that horrible look on national tv though.

Ole Miss should be fined for the Length of this game. Due to fake injuries. I mean they had like 15 injuries where dudes seemingly came back the next play.
I agree with this. I think the announcers were right-- if you get injured--you can't get back till your team gets the ball back. That would put a stop to that crap.

Taking that TD off the board was a flagrant violation of the rules but nobody will be held to account for it.
Yup, still don’t understand it. There was never a dead ball whistle. During the whole play. It was signaled a touchdown.

You can’t just come back and change your mind lol. Doesn’t make sense.

Honestly it looked like we were just short on that 4th down. But the strip 6 called back was BS, of that's the case any time you touch the QB he's down by contact.

Still doesn't excuse that horrible look on national tv though.
The fourth down was iffy-- It would have been nice if it went our way, but it won't. We are bottom feeders and Kiffin team is ranked with possible Heisman hopeful. I understand fan frustration, but it's sad that after that game those players played, its gonna be overshadowed.

The two worst calls I've seen this year both happened to UT and we're game changing calls.

The one against Pitt when we returned the field goal just to have it given back to them so they could try again. That will never happen again in college football, that's how backwards that call and ruling was.

AND the one tonight that got called back on the fumble return. Nobody has given an explanation for that call and nobody can.

VN Store

Back