Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brady was the main reason new England won most of their super bowls. I don't think he's the main reason they're winning in Tampa, although he's certainly a big part of it. That team is so stacked. Like you said, any decent QB who doesn't turn the ball over a million times could succeed with that OL and all those weapons. I don't think there's a better starting 5 skill player group in the NFL.

I have no issue calling Brady the Goat. But he did benefit from a great defense early in his career in N.E.

Berhalter does JUST ENOUGH to not get fired. They’ll win 3-1 or something on Wednesday and we will sing his praises. He can’t just do things simply.

Will never sing his praises. Terrible hire. There’s so much talent coming up, they need to go get someone to help mold that into the best team USMNT has ever fielded.

Pete's bar? In Neptune ? I think so.
I was stationed at Mayport. Neptune must be where the 1st highway leaving out hit the beach. I walked it once. It was a haul. All back in the day. Stayed on the beach in an old house right on Jax Beach's North boundary when we weren't deployed. Pete's was great.

I was stationed at Mayport. Neptune must be where the 1st highway leaving out hit the beach. I walked it once. It was a haul. All back in the day. Stayed on the beach in an old house right on Jax Beach's North boundary when we weren't deployed. Pete's was great.
@TrippieRedd was just over there at Lemon Bar lol.

ESPN has us projected to win against Ole Miss as we know

But I did some checking and we’re also favored to beat UK.

53% chance to beat Ole Miss
12% chance to beat Alabama
55% chance to beat UK
13% chance to beat UGA
95% chance to beat USA
98% chance to beat Vandy.
1633914741919.gif
1633914725578.gif

I am worried about our momentum getting killed if we lose our next 4 in a row. I really hope we can at least go 1-3 if not 2-2. But either way, just getting 6 wins is better than I expected. Suppose I shouldn’t get greedy.
I think winning one would still qualify as over achieving relative to pre-season expectations.

I'd really like to win this Saturday to see what would happen should we win.... More.🍊

siap. You kinda figure every incoming new DC is going to say they want to play aggressive and create plays, but I’ll be damned if ole Timmy B isn’t actually doing it.

That’s simply incredible. Even the cheerleader that I am would have never said that was remotely possible.

I am worried about our momentum getting killed if we lose our next 4 in a row. I really hope we can at least go 1-3 if not 2-2. But either way, just getting 6 wins is better than I expected. Suppose I shouldn’t get greedy.
We've basically made a bowl game. That's a victory for year 1. I already consider this year a success unless we somehow drop Vandy or SA.

Barstool and Lane do seem like a match made in Heaven, but a guy who works there is a UT Grad, and another did the coach Duggs thing and openly is rooting for Tennessee.

Pate has begged Tennessee to find a pulse for years and wants us to win.
I love his takes and insights. Pate has defended us so many times I thought he was a UT fan. I remember him shutting down S Carolina fans when they asked which program was a better job when we imploded late last year.

If we find even one win in these next four I will be ecstatic as that guarantees us a winning record for the first time for one of our first-year coaches since Kiffin, and doing it after losing all that we did to the portal would be an incredible feat and bode amazingly well for the future.

Think of it. Any one of these four would be sweet. Beat Ole Miss and we rub Kiffin's nose in it for sending us into this spiral. Because being honest with ourselves, that's when all of this really started. Not with 01 or 05 or 08. Not with firing Fulmer. Not with hiring Kiffin. It was all fixable then. It started when Kiffin left us in the middle of the night and we hired a 4-8 Louisiana Tech coach because of his last name and the fact that he said "britches." That was the moment.

Or we beat Alabama. Nothing more needs to be said about that, but I'll say a couple of things anyway -- first win in the series since 2006, first win over Saban at Alabama, second win over Saban ever, first top 5 win since 2005, knocking their national title dreams into the dirt and giving them a second loss to an unranked team in a single season.

Or we beat Kentucky and remind them that no matter how many checkerboards they paint in their endzones, they're still Kentucky and we're still Tennessee and they can sit back down.

Or we beat Georgia and Kirby Dumb becomes a permanent moniker as we severely dent UGA's title hopes.

Even if we go 0-4, as long as we take care of South Alabama and Vandy, and it would take a monumental effort not to take care of business, then we've exceeded my admittedly low expectations. A bowl game in year one after all we lost is a win. But I hope we show some fight and I hope we find a chance or two to take home a victory in the coming weeks.

siap. You kinda figure every incoming new DC is going to say they want to play aggressive and create plays, but I’ll be damned if ole Timmy B isn’t actually doing it.

This is insane. We thought we’d be better offensively (tho maybe not this good), but who saw this coming?

Banks and the whole D staff are doing an outstanding job. Total surprise for me cause isn't this Banks first DC job?
I thought we'd be fun on offense, but not this crazy. I thought defense was gonna cost us games, at best they'd be average. My mind is blown on how the defense has played.

This is insane. We thought we’d be better offensively (tho maybe not this good), but who saw this coming?
Agreed.

I do think the next four games will bring a lot of these stats back to Earth to some degree.. Still, I didn't see this either.

Color me impressed, even saying what I said above. I think this staff has fine a really really good job, especially taking all things into consideration...
1633916639494.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back