Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren’t STACKED until he got there. Couldn’t even make the playoffs.
They didn't have AB, Gronk, Fournette, before Brady got there. And they unloaded the vault for defensive players once Brady got there too. You'll see a huge drop off when Brady leaves, not just because and not mainly because Brady left, but because they mortgaged their future to capitalize while they have Brady, which is the smart thing to do.

They were not stacked before Brady, and they are very much stacked now, and not just because of Brady.

It probably would be 7-10 on a neutral field. I think they’re giving us home field advantage points for being the first neyland game at night sans bowling green.

I’m interested to see what Josh Pate says about the line and how his model projects it. He does his betting picks by what his model projects against what Vegas projects, and his power ranking has had ole miss as high as #4 this year.
That’s interesting.. I’ll have to keep a look out for that. I’m a sucker for numbers/analytics

Why wouldn't you have your best on though? In hopes to miss the WC? **** gets you fired.

Because Berhalter is an idiot. Insane to start the lineup he did and have guys like Dest, McKennie, Adams, etc on the bench. Panama is now tied with us in points. We have the goal differential tie breaker but that’s a bad loss tonight.

Hey @gainesvol82 and @Catbone , I'll be at Graffiti Junction on Saturday if you losers want to show up for the Tennessee game.

I don't want to hear "it's a drive for me" cause it's one for me as well. Quit yer b****in

That's not too far....I bought a house in Orange Park a couple months back. We're taking the kids down to Westgate Lakes and Aquatica this weekend but thanks for the invite. Aquatica closes at 5 so I'm gonna hurry and grab dinner and try to get back to the Villa in time for the game.

The prospect of @Catbone getting us into a fight with a group of retirees does make me consider blowing off a weekend with the family though!

They didn't have AB, Gronk, Fournette, before Brady got there. And they unloaded the vault for defensive players once Brady got there too. You'll see a huge drop off when Brady leaves, not just because and not mainly because Brady left, but because they mortgaged their future to capitalize while they have Brady, which is the smart thing to do.

They were not stacked before Brady, and they are very much stacked now, and not just because of Brady.
I never said “because of” I said “before”. And a franchise QB ties it together. Throw a Gronk and or Fournetfe on the Jets and there’s minimal to no effect.

Reactions: jave36
That’s not the way it works…. Stanford has lost to 3 teams including a bad Kansas state team that is pretty bad.
I know that’s not the way it works. I also know that Oregon beat Ohio St. I also know it’s what have you done lately and a beauty contest of talent even if that talent doesn’t perform. It’s an opinion of who they think is better. I wish they would at least wait 3 or 4 weeks before coming up with a poll because they hate changing their mind.

I never said “because of” I said “before”. And a franchise QB ties it together. Throw a Gronk and or Fournetfe on the Jets and there’s minimal to no effect.
I was agreeing with you lol. You said they weren't loaded before he got there, I said they weren't loaded before he got there. I just expounded on your statement.

Although if you throw Evans gronk AB fournette and the TB defense on the Jets, there would be a pretty big impact.

And if you throw Brady on the Jets right now (or on any of those browns teams prior to the past few years), there would also be minimal impact. We'd be saying "Brady who?" if he'd gotten drafted by the browns.

Their defense last year was already in place. They didn’t really add much. A few young DB’s developed, and they drafted Winfield. Their OL was in place too. Already had their 2 best WR’s. Just needed a QB who could not turn it over 30 times per year.

I know that’s not the way it works. I also know that Oregon beat Ohio St. I also know it’s what have you done lately and a beauty contest of talent even if that talent doesn’t perform. It’s an opinion of who they think is better. I wish they would at least wait 3 or 4 weeks before coming up with a poll because they hate changing their mind.
I wouldn’t have an issue with them waiting till later to put a top 25 out but looking at the rankings….. I don’t have an issue with any of them and I, personally, would have Ohio state ranked higher than Oregon at this time.

Reactions: VolByLaw
That's not too far....I bought a house in Orange Park a couple months back. We're taking the kids down to Westgate Lakes and Aquatica this weekend but thanks for the invite. Aquatica closes at 5 so I'm gonna hurry and grab dinner and try to get back to the Villa in time for the game.

The prospect of @Catbone getting us into a fight with a group of retirees does make me consider blowing off a weekend with the family though!
We will have to plan a weekend to crash Jax Beach

Their defense last year was already in place. They didn’t really add much. A few young DB’s developed, and they drafted Winfield. Their OL was in place too. Already had their 2 best WR’s. Just needed a QB who could not turn it over 30 times per year.
I think Brady was the main reason new England won most of their super bowls. I don't think he's the main reason they're winning in Tampa, although he's certainly a big part of it. That team is so stacked. Like you said, any decent QB who doesn't turn the ball over a million times could succeed with that OL and all those weapons. I don't think there's a better starting 5 skill player group in the NFL.

Reactions: VolGee4
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back