Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bama down to 5 in the new polls. Georgia at 1, ugh. Iowa is 2, Cincinnati and Oklahoma round out the top 5. I want Georgia and Oklahoma to fall.
I know y’all hate penn state, but #4 losing to #3 and dropping to 7 doesn’t sound right to me when #1 losing to an unranked drops to 5. Thoughts?

I was thinking 7-10 range myself.. was shocked by the opening line
It probably would be 7-10 on a neutral field. I think they’re giving us home field advantage points for being the first neyland game at night sans bowling green.

I’m interested to see what Josh Pate says about the line and how his model projects it. He does his betting picks by what his model projects against what Vegas projects, and his power ranking has had ole miss as high as #4 this year.

Reactions: Adam2014
I know y’all hate penn state, but #4 losing to #3 and dropping to 7 doesn’t sound right to me when #1 losing to an unranked drops to 5. Thoughts?
AP expects Saban to do what Saban does and win out by 40 in every game left on the schedule. Their lowest percentage win probability left on their schedule is like 88% chance to win.

FWIW, we’re their 2nd lowest projected win probability at 93% lol

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
ESPN has us projected to win against Ole Miss as we know

But I did some checking and we’re also favored to beat UK.

53% chance to beat Ole Miss
12% chance to beat Alabama
55% chance to beat UK
13% chance to beat UGA
95% chance to beat USA
98% chance to beat Vandy.

Attachments

• 65BE3A05-6A11-47C0-9280-DE34718820DB.png
    65BE3A05-6A11-47C0-9280-DE34718820DB.png
    384.4 KB · Views: 7

Bama is better but I'll agree simply because it happened between TN & FL, many moons ago and I didn't like it then.
Seems like we lost by a FG and were supposed to lose by more. Then dropped several spots.
Never understood dropping for losing a game your supposed to lose but performing better than expected.

We're all used to the system but much of it rarely makes sense if you put in much thought. And people rarely believe Purple Vandy, Notre Dame, whoever, is really the __ best team in the country.

Why is Ohio State number 6 when they lost to Oregon, who is ranked number 9?

The polls rarely make sense. There are several teams in the top 25 I personally think we could whoop.

I think our O and tempo will give Bama fits, and we may even have the lead at some point, but depth will bite us, and Bama will do what they do.
I don’t think we’ll stand a chance vs UG. Their Defense is just plain nasty.
Don’t know about UK yet, are they riding on fools gold, or just a complete team. Beating LSU did nothing for me, I don’t think lsu is good. At all.
I think we beat ole miss. Will def be a nail biter, but I think our D will come up with a few key stops that gives us the dub!!
Will be an exciting 4 game stretch with us competing in 3 of them and somewhat in all of them!

Damn…. Missed my chance to buy Ole Miss tickets.

Not gonna drive 4 hours for nose bleed corner seats and having just bought a 4,000 TV and a ridiculously comfortable living room set, I can’t justify spending after market prices for decent seats.

Should’ve just got the good seats for 75 each a few days ago when I had the chance.

Does anyone know if Ainge and Swain get along? Only asking because I saw both yesterday and they didn’t speak or high five each other, when Swain did speak with other former players.

Does anyone know if Ainge and Swain get along? Only asking because I saw both yesterday and they didn’t speak or high five each other, when Swain did speak with other former players.
Short answer: no. It has more to do with their radio personality styles than anything that happened from 04-06

Banks is doing an outstanding job. Really high on our defensive staff. Hopefully they all stick around this offseason.
I hope he tried to talk the staff into not going with the black jerseys last Saturday. Dark colors drawing heat and all. If he did, worth his weight in gold 😁.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back