'21 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pregame/Game Thread

Random immediate post game thoughts:

Turnage looked like he did pretty good out there. That’s encouraging.

Beasley is becoming a decent linebacker

Seemed like a lot of guys got banged up today. Hopefully they’re all okay. Our depth is already strained.

Lenneth always seems to run in slow motion after he gets the ball.

I like Velus a lot better in this new role.

Glad Hyatt got involved. Love to see him burn the gamecocks after they blew him off in recruitment.

The second half was incredibly frustrating, but it’s to be expected when we completely go away from our offensive system to try and burn more clock.

The short crossing routes and receivers in the flats were still open if we wanted to absolutely cripple the cocks. Instead we ran up the middle, got behind the chains, and then attempted some down field passes.

Could have and should have beaten them much worse, but I’ll always take a 25 point thumping of an SEC team known for their defensive play.

Hopefully we can get a little healthier for next week, and pop Lane Kiffin’s corn.

I cant for the life of me understand that sentiment.

The helmet makes me want to barf. It didn't match! Candy corn!
I’d prefer a black one with the black uniforms, but it was nothing like what Kiffin did. And that helmet would look good with the white uniforms with numbers outlined in black. I would like the Smokey gray mixed in so we don’t look like other teams. But the team and recruits enjoyed it So that’s all that matters.

When we beat Ole Miss next week we'll be ranked

LOL, you must not have seen the second half where we struggled mostly to get a first down and they sustained drives on our defense and scored several times... Talk about a tale of two halves... we looked like Pruitt and JG were out there in the second half. I really hope we just went out to run down the clock and get in the locker room.

I know we probably coasted the second half (I sure as hell hope so or we are in trouble) but you have to play 4 quarters against good teams... We have been playing with fools gold against Mizz and SC, if we don't take care of business and play consistent football on both sides for FOUR QUARTERS, we will get killed by Ole Miss and others.

Sure hope Evans and others are okay and we will be at full strength next week... went back and forth watching Ole Miss vs Ark and they will embarrass us if we can't play a complete game and don't have our full team back.

VN Store

Back