'21 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pregame/Game Thread

South Carolina is near the very top in turnover margin. It's the only reason they won a few games already. If we don't turn the ball over we should win
Good analysis C-Bone. I agree. Hooker won't make a bunch of dumb throws, he'll just take off. Just wrap up the ball, play strong fundamentals, and we're good.

Reactions: Catbone
Good analysis C-Bone. I agree. Hooker won't make a bunch of dumb throws, he'll just take off. Just wrap up the ball, play strong fundamentals, and we're good.
They've also gotten lots of turnovers because they've played nothing but garbage offenses.

*other than uga of course*

From the SC board:

Counting out the EIU game, SC has had 45 possessions on offense.
We have scored 4 TDs in 45 possessions.
We have scored 8 FGs in 45 possessions.
12 out of 45 possessions end with points.
Every 11.25 possessions end with a TD.
Every 5.62 possessions end with an FG.
Every 3.75 possessions end with points.
73.33 of drives end with no points (punt, turnover, turnover on downs, end of half/game)
Embarrassing

We are going to kill them

45-10 VOLS
This is what I'm thinking. I think UT runs tempo and scores points then gets stops vs their O... that isn't as good as MU's. Their QB isn't as good either. Outside of Vann their receivers are pretty bad. They do not have a run game to speak of. Against FBS opponents they avg 88 ypg and 2.77 ypc. Their best game vs an FBS opponent was Troy at 99 yds and 3.54 ypc.

They're pretty awful on O and I don't think their D can keep them in it if UT applies pressure. If the Vols get on a roll early then it could get really bad since they don't have a run game to run clock. UT held Badie to 41 yds on 21 carries... USCe doesn't have any running the ball that's scary.

Date: Saturday, October 9th
Game Time: 12:00 pm ET
Venue: Neyland Stadium, Knoxville TN
Network: ESPN 2

View attachment 400090

Tennessee returns to Knoxville following a historic crushing of Missouri in Columbia last weekend. The Vols offense has seldom appeared more dominant and they had little trouble dispatching the Tigers in emphatic fashion, giving several starters a short day of work as the back-ups got plenty of run. This week, we go from Tigers to Chickens as first year coach Shane Beamer brings his squad to square up against the Vols.

Keys to Victory:

1. Expose the D: South Carolina has a solid defense that you would expect from a Will Muschamp assembled team... at least on paper. Georgia is obviously a powerhouse this year and they dropped 41 point on them, which is their scoring average. Their other games have been against Kentucky, EIU, ECU and Troy. ECU is highest in scoring offense at 52nd nationally... Kentucky at 78, Troy 96 and what the heck is an EIU? I think South Carolina gets the benefit of being good on paper but will be exposed in reality.

2. Turnover Margin: South Carolina does have a ball hunting defense that is 4th in the nation, creating 14 turnovers, with 9 INT's and 5 fumble recoveries. Hendon Hooker will need to continue his trend of taking care of the football and be sharp in the passing game to avoid turning the ball over to a decent SC secondary.

3. Play it Again: SC is 72nd in the nation in rushing defense and the Vols just rushed for over 450 yards at Mizzou. Do the thing.

4. Score over 30: Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Three USCe opponents are within the top 12 of total defense nationally. Is that because they played South Carolina, or is South Carolina's offense limited by those defenses? Look for USC to score a bit above their average which means the Vols will need to be around 30+ on the day.

Prediction:

South Carolina is back to having a scholarship QB playing football for them and not a GA, which is cool, I guess. GA Zeb Noland actually has a higher QBR than former highly rated recruit Luke Doty. Ultimately, I think the USCe offense is better than they have been but the Tennessee offense overwhelms them as the Vols stack drive upon drive.

TN 41
USC 24
Always enjoy the breakdown Nick. Go Vols!

I’m going to do all of VolNation a favor and not watch the game. I didn’t watch last weekend and the outcome was great.
I’ll check the score in the afternoon and watch the high/lowlights.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back