Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro if Milton could work on his accuracy his a top 5 pick one day, easy. Dude reminds me on Daunte Culpepper, the Cam Newton comparison is trash, go watch Culpepper play. He stretch defenses by attacking every part of the field with his cannon of an arm, then make easy run first downs when the defense got sucked deep. That’s who Milton can be. If he gets that accuracy down, but again, that’s the biggest if, and we may not have time for him to do that.
I agree. I just hate that people act like HB is just hot garbage. I would bet of the overthrows last week HB completed no less than 2. The one up the middle could have been made by a high school kid right now.

Not sure anyone thinks he's booty. Just that there's a reason he's in developmental mode. Last year showed as much as to why. Many issues. But he'll actually be able to develop this year under a real QBC and I for one am optimistic about his future.
I think he we prove to be better than what we have currently but maybe not here.

I agree. I just hate that people act like HB is just hot garbage. I would bet if the overthrows last week HB completed no less than 2. The one up the middle could have been made by a high school kid right now.
I feel like I see way more people act like HB is some savior over calling him hot garbage

Not sure anyone thinks he's booty. Just that there's a reason he's in developmental mode. Last year showed as much as to why. Many issues. But he'll actually be able to develop this year under a real QBC and I for one am optimistic about his future.
Bailey will transfer after this year if he doesn't get a shot to play this year.

I feel like I see way more people act like HB is some savior over calling him hot garbage
Don’t get me wrong I’m not questioning the coaches or guys who have insight. I just don’t see how he is worse than what we’ve seen from Milton. Miltons throws have not been in the same realm of the receivers. I agree that IF Milton fixed that then he’s the best option. However if he struggles against TTU it’s only going to get worse for the people pushing for change. I don’t know how anyone can say HB doesn’t deserve a chance. Like @MetalVolunteer said he has been developing timing and working with our receivers for longer than the other two. Don’t want to see another staff hang on too long to “the best option we have” when other guys could make the throws he is missing.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not questioning the coaches or guys who have insight. I just don’t see how he is worse than what we’ve seen from Milton. Miltons throws have not been in the same realm of the receivers. I agree that IF Milton fixed that then he’s the best option. However if he struggles against TTU it’s only going to get worse for the people pushing for change. I don’t know how anyone can say HB doesn’t deserve a chance. Like @MetalVolunteer said he has been developing timing and working with our receivers for longer than the other two. Don’t want to see another staff hang on too long to “the best option we have” when other guys could make the throws he is missing.
The coaches obviously think Milton is #1. I am not sure if they really believe Bailey to be #3.

It kind of feels like Hooker is #2, not because he's better than Bailey, but that his style more closely matches Milton. The players wont have to adapt to an in-game QB change as much and the game plan won't have to change as much.

The coaches obviously think Milton is #1. I am not sure if they really believe Bailey to be #3.

It kind of feels like Hooker is #2, not because he's better than Bailey, but that his style more closely matches Milton. The players wont have to adapt to an in-game QB change as much and the game plan won't have to change as much.
I agree with that. I don’t think Bailey is their ideal QB for this offense. However how long do you roll with Milton if he simply can’t connect on these targets IN GAME? Games matter some players look great in practice and some dont. That’s all we heard about JG and we heard how bad Dobbs was in practice. I 100% believe we have coaches that will find a good QB in their tenure here. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how well you coach these guys they just have to make the plays and that’s not an indictment on the coaches.

I agree. I just hate that people act like HB is just hot garbage. I would bet of the overthrows last week HB completed no less than 2. The one up the middle could have been made by a high school kid right now.
Sure, but they probably wouldn’t have been in the coverage that got the receivers open because HB isn’t much of a running threat. There’s a lot more to it than “this guy would’ve made that throw”

Sure, but they probably wouldn’t have been in the coverage that got the receivers open because HB isn’t much of a running threat. There’s a lot more to it than “this guy would’ve made that throw”
Then how do prostyle QBs ever succeed? It’s the coaches job to scheme to their talents. I agree they may have played different but there is a counter to everything in football.

Then how do prostyle QBs ever succeed? It’s the coaches job to scheme to their talents. I agree they may have played different but there is a counter to everything in football.
You were talking about those throws in particular.. I’m just saying coverage would prob be a lot tighter with HB at QB and that look prob wouldn’t be there. Tighter windows

Reactions: KPT_VFL
For those of you who have a WSJ subscription, you should read the series they’re doing on Facebook/IG this week. WSJ got their hands on a treasure trove of docs from the company.

Pretty damning article today on internal studies they’ve done that have shown the tremendous impacts IG is having on mental health for teenage girls. Also internal comments about “fixes” that were discussed internally to address the issue. These were panned because it jeopardized the “fun” of IG.

For those of you who have a WSJ subscription, you should read the series they’re doing on Facebook/IG this week. WSJ got their hands on a treasure trove of docs from the company.

Pretty damning article today on internal studies they’ve done that have shown the tremendous impacts IG is having on mental health for teenage girls. Also internal comments about “fixes” that were discussed internally to address the issue. These were panned because it jeopardized the “fun” of IG.
I believe social media is a cancer. Makes everyone look like their life sucks when all these “influencers” and other girls post pictures that make their life look more amazing than it is.

I don’t really want to discuss HB any more but my person got selected for a position to UT….. Then he got lucky enough to be placed with the QBs…. He had been there every single practice till recently when he misses Tuesday through Thursday…… he is not a football guy so he may not know some of the intricacies that are involved with the position or the team….. I have had many in depth convos with him about our QBs…. Bailey has been the least consistent QB we have….. he is not making those throws in practice and he has not stood out compared to any of the QBs in any area. That is just the facts…. Not a single one of us would choose the 3rd string QB if he is not performing in practice. Could the plays not be suited to his strengths? Sure…..but he has been given a chance and hasn’t been able to impress…. He is young and has plenty of chances to grow and get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back