Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just highly doubt the other QBs can’t throw it far enough to make this offense work. What will happen if Milton looks awful again against TTU? Again I’m not looking for arguments. I want one for the 3 to figure this out. Seems like the plays are there to be made. Someone needs to make them.
You don’t have to throw the ball 60 yards for this offense to work. In fact, if you get rid of the ball in 3-4 seconds, an accurate pass 25-30 yard is all that is needed when you hit the receiver in stride. I f you throw it 50-60 yards you increase the risk of being sacked and being less accurate.

Last edited:
Just rewatching the highlights from Saturday and on both Smalls and Wrights TD run the OL got great push. Shows again that we just didn’t execute on the 4th down and goal.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You don’t have to throw the ball 60 yards for this offense to work. In fact, if you get ride of the ball in 3-4 seconds, an accurate pass 25-30 yard is all that is needed when you hit the receiver in stride. I f you throw it 50-60 yards you increase the risk of being sacked and being less accurate.
Exactly. “Pushing the ball downfield” is nice and is a decent part of this offense but we’ve had so many receivers open midfield. I jist don’t believe the notion that Hooker or Bailey cant throw it far enough to stretch the field. Accuracy sure as heck can’t be worse than Miltons. I would agree that Milton is the right “fit” for this offense if he could actually connect on his passes downfield.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
There’s a thread in the FF about this, but I’m still absolutely confused by the sequence of events surrounding the almost-kick-six.

It was a field goal attempt, not a punt. TN catches the missed attempt and advances the ball.

Refs call a questionable block in back on us, but also an offsetting equivalent penalty on Pitt.

Of all the outcomes I thought of as they conferenced that call, simply handing the ball back to Pitt for a do-over was not ANYWHERE on my list of what was likely to happen next.

I kept waiting for someone to whistle from on-high and correct the situation.

What the heck was that?! Am I way off base in being confused by that?
Huepel said the refs told him we would get the ball on the 5 yd line…. Because of the block in the back. I was confused as well.

We need Heup to be the guy or at least bring us continued stability for the future. I think he can do it. I like what I’ve seen so far. Recruiting will come as wins do.
It's not just recruiting that has me on the fence. Heupels teams often lack discipline. 11 penalty games were common place at UCF. Not enough running, Heupel doesn't play much smashmouth football, ans I believe his offense will struggle with physical teams. Lastly too much boom or passes at the LOS, not enough middle game. Better teams that can play a simple 2 man under will eat this offense alive.

It's not just recruiting that has me on the fence. Heupels teams often lack discipline. 11 penalty games were common place at UCF. Not enough running, Heupel doesn't play much smashmouth football, ans I believe his offense will struggle with physical teams. Lastly too much boom or passes at the LOS, not enough middle game. Better teams that can play a simple 2 man under will eat this offense alive.
The middle intermediate throws have been open through the first two games. Someone’s gotta throw it to them. Accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back