Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said a few times--- he's got three years to play... call this season a wash for him and have him work the entire year on passing/accuracy.... Hooker will be gone next season and Milton will have two years left... Milton can't argue with the staff at this point about needing work/development, it's on tape... if he's smart, he'll swallow his pride, take the time this season to improve, and then he has two years to light it up and depending on the improvement, maybe get drafted if he truly gets the accuracy thing down...
Why would Hooker be gone next season? He has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Reactions: sneakergawd
Basilio said according to his source that the staff isn't down on Milton at all. They thought he was better than Hooker because he took better care of the ball. So it sounds like if Milton is healthy, he'll be starting.
Because the grass 20 yards in front of your receiver can't intercept the ball. The **** they talking about. As far as fumbling the ball, Milton has done that just as much as Hooker. Hope this isn't true.

Because the grass 20 yards in front of your receiver can't intercept the ball. The **** they talking about. As far as fumbling the ball, Milton has done that just as much as Hooker. Hope this isn't true.

I agree with you. However, Hooker's turnovers were more egregious. Milton's fumble came on unblocked A gap pressure and he got hurt. Hooker was running around with the ball away from his body in the pocket. And the interception which was less than ideal. But they both need to take better care of the ball no doubt.

But for real can we get a Kevin Kelley offense here?

I’d love this after one game. (Also this team won a combined like 7 games the previous 3 years.

54D55C36-0E07-499F-8B26-A4CE4CEE22C9.jpeg

yeah no one is talking about the fact that after the first quarter, pitt had their way with our secondary... it is not good. Wonder if Hank Hill still thinks A Taylor is still a first round draft pic, LOL...
Alonte is a safety playing corner. He could be a promising prospect at safety worthy of a 4th or 5th round pick. Doesn't shine in coverage but has thump and a nose for the ball.

When Milton agreed to do that weekly show with Swain and VQ, I thought "Well there goes any chance those guys will be objective about Milton".

I fully expect them to carry water for him all week, especially if CJH says he is still the starter.

Crazy to think our defense plays harder and faster in 2 games under new DC than under a defensive guru in Pruitt. I love how this staff uses Banks and Jackson. The development of Banks in such a short period is fantastic. While we gave up points, Pitt had to absolutely earn every yard outside of penalties. There was no just easy right down the field with no challenge or punching back. Even on their scoring drives their were plays to be made and we hit them in the mouth and forced Pickett to be a playmaker. We were close to sacks on third down a few times that would have stopped scoring drives.

Oh and no more Page please. Need to roll 3 man rotation or give another younger guy with similar talent level a shot to get better
Thought we made a bad decision letting the 2nd string LBs start the last drive Pitt had when we couldn’t get the ball back one last time. We didn’t put Banks and Mitchell in until they were on our side of the 50 and it was pretty much too late.

Reactions: JacketVol
Two Points:

Normally, coaches say it is an execution problem when really it's a coaching problem (and some execution. This time around, it's clearly execution - the coaches have this team ready, the plays are good (for the most part) and they just are not executing.

Development - there is only so much a coaching staff can do. I saw a difference in Milton from Game 1 to Game 2, but then when it started going south and the boos came crashing down he just lost it. How much of that is on coaching? I don't know. Milton may not be the guy. Probably isn't.

I do believe the coaches will play who they feel is best for the situation they are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back