Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy to think our defense plays harder and faster in 2 games under new DC than under a defensive guru in Pruitt. I love how this staff uses Banks and Jackson. The development of Banks in such a short period is fantastic. While we gave up points, Pitt had to absolutely earn every yard outside of penalties. There was no just easy right down the field with no challenge or punching back. Even on their scoring drives their were plays to be made and we hit them in the mouth and forced Pickett to be a playmaker. We were close to sacks on third down a few times that would have stopped scoring drives.

Oh and no more Page please. Need to roll 3 man rotation or give another younger guy with similar talent level a shot to get better

Hang the banner.

"Played hard and fast but gave up 41"

Exactly. The deal with Cut was done and they refused to let him bring some of his staff, insisted he retain a few of the existing. They wanted to tie his hands behind his back and do it their way, probably because of their contracts. Cut made the right choice to stay at Duke and finish his career where he was appreciated.

Patterson would have crawled over broken glass to get here back then, but they turned their noses up at him. Wasn't their type of guy personally.

They made a bunch of panic hires for a decade. Heup was not one, he was the one in the pocket of the new AD who would get the job if the bigger fish could not be reeled in. Heup knew the conditions of the search up front and folks should see that he does have upside as a HC. If they don't, they are choosing to not see it. He's a current day version of Cut. May not become elite, but can deliver winning seasons. Will see how it goes.

So any talk of bargain bin shopping is just talk. That's how badly the program has been trashed that no proven, top HC was going to come here. The university will lose a lot of supporters in the process if Heup is not a quick study and takes awhile to get there, but the new TV deal should help with that. Hopefully, he is a quick study starting with the QB issue. I'm confident Banks will resolve the D issues as they develop and add real SEC players on that side. He does some really good things with his scheme. We lack quality players in some spots there.
Patterson was a proven MID-MAJOR coach at the time. No glass but he was gettable. Kiffin was on Clemson’s short list also, so Hamilton wasn’t in left field.

It sucks because we are close to entering SEC play and we are having QB issues. We schedule winnable games at the beginning of the year to get live reps and meaningful experience. IF Hooker or Bailey were to start at Florida that’s a tough ask considering we would have wasted 3 games to get them experience by leaving in Milton.

Overthrowing and firing bullets has nothing to do with the secondary. He does well in practice because he's putting out a fraction of the adrenaline he does in a game. The only way a coach can know he can't overcome that is to try to let him do so in a game situation. Heupel isn't Pruitt or Butch. He isn't going to let that continue if there is no hope.

Overall point is accuracy.

When you're playing against a ****** secondary....you should get the rest of the point.

Overthrows = having to do with accuracy.

watched this one play 20 times already. Easy TD, could have waited in the Chick-Fil-A drive thru, digested your food, took a dump and still could have made the throw with ease.

makes me nauseous ----- freakin Maurer could have, and would have made most of these throws... think about it...

I won't go as far as you did the other day lmao, but I will say Milton is useless af.

I've said a few times--- he's got three years to play... call this season a wash for him and have him work the entire year on passing/accuracy.... Hooker will be gone next season and Milton will have two years left... Milton can't argue with the staff at this point about needing work/development, it's on tape... if he's smart, he'll swallow his pride, take the time this season to improve, and then he has two years to light it up and depending on the improvement, maybe get drafted if he truly gets the accuracy thing down...

Wonder if Milton does well in practice because our secondary has been slaw for years?

I mean, I'm sure some of us could show out against our secondary, especially when they rotate guys reps.

yeah no one is talking about the fact that after the first quarter, pitt had their way with our secondary... it is not good. Wonder if Hank Hill still thinks A Taylor is still a first round draft pic, LOL...

Reactions: TrippieRedd
watched this one play 20 times already. Easy TD, could have waited in the Chick-Fil-A drive thru, digested your food, took a dump and still could have made the throw with ease.

He had three overthrows against Pitt that were worse than that one by my count.

When the DB is beat by three steps, even an underthrow isn't going to be intercepted. It will probably be a PI 9/10 times.

Some of these are just inexcusable really.

I hope so................ First quarter our D line looked awesome... then, like they weren't in shape, the next three quarters, they just danced with Pitt's O line and hardly ever got to the QB... Conditioning ????

DL is the only position that gets a pass this year, only because we haven't had a good DL coach that works the **** out of our players.

I've been content with their play.

Reactions: volinbama256
I hope so................ First quarter our D line looked awesome... then, like they weren't in shape, the next three quarters, they just danced with Pitt's O line and hardly ever got to the QB... Conditioning ????
I mean we need to accept the fact that RG is trying to turn chicken **** into chicken salad at that position. They need to be at least passable, which they have been IMO. We need a pass rush and hopefully Byron Young will provide a spark there to take some of the load off of Tyler Baron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back