Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also something that personally worries me...

Evans was out, Small got hurt and we never saw Beckwith or Whitehead get in the game. Those two are our "big back" options and so far haven't earned any snaps, wonder what's not clicking for them yet.
I do not think either one of them are runningbacks at this level.

Also something that personally worries me...

Evans was out, Small got hurt and we never saw Beckwith or Whitehead get in the game. Those two are our "big back" options and so far haven't earned any snaps, wonder what's not clicking for them yet.

Just looked at Whitehead's 247 comparison and they have it as Reggie Ragland

*sigh* what could've been.

Your choice of words twists the knife off that fourth and one.

we averaged nearly 6 yards a play (nearly a full yard more than pitt), we outrushed them, and had better third down efficiency. if QB execution is even a smidge better earlier in the game we likely do not find ourselves in a situation where we need to go for it on 4th and 1 later on. play-calling is not our problem right now. its execution, mostly from one position.

we averaged nearly 6 yards a play (nearly a full yard more than pitt), we outrushed them, and had better third down efficiency. if QB execution is even a smidge better earlier in the game we likely do not find ourselves in a situation where we need to go for it on 4th and 1 later on. play-calling is not our problem right now. its execution, mostly from one position.

Losing the turnover battle 3-0 will do that to you.

We were the better team. QB position is why we lost.

Lets all take a breath and back way from the ledge. What were we expecting from this team, a national championship ? We have 71 scholarship players, new coaches, new systems, unproven players at almost every position and a large number of people that want satisfaction now......it ain't happening.

We have a good coach, staff and the players will come. While looking at a lot of games the last couple of weeks I have noticed the number of close games and upsets is rather high.....why. I think the transfer portal may have opened the eyes of some recruits and players to the fact that the stacked teams are just that....stacked and playing time is at the other schools. We are in the spot most schools are in.....we need a really good QB and one or two really good defenders to get back to a place where we want to be as far as starting back up to the top.

Lets all take a breath and back way from the ledge. What were we expecting from this team, a national championship ? We have 71 scholarship players, new coaches, new systems, unproven players at almost every position and a large number of people that want satisfaction now......it ain't happening.

We have a good coach, staff and the players will come. While looking at a lot of games the last couple of weeks I have noticed the number of close games and upsets is rather high.....why. I think the transfer portal may have opened the eyes of some recruits and players to the fact that the stacked teams are just that....stacked and playing time is at the other schools. We are in the spot most schools are in.....we need a really good QB and one or two really good defenders to get back to a place where we want to be as far as starting back up to the top.
I expected 6 wins. The only thing I’m disappointed in is QBs missing easy throws. I think the coaches have put us in position to succeed so far. We are a bowl team with slightly better QB play.

On Beckwith, he may not be playing due to still learning the position. He never played it, right?

When you learn a completely new position for two different types of offenses, it may be a little tougher for someone that's never played the position.

May be true for him.

But for Whitehead it's like okay...Wright came in for Fall Camp and he's elevated to #3 on the depth chart already. What isn't Whitehead doing right to get some snaps? Surely in short yardage the 6'2" 220ish pound back would be nice to plug-in?

May be true for him.

But for Whitehead it's like okay...Wright came in for Fall Camp and he's elevated to #3 on the depth chart already. What isn't Whitehead doing right to get some snaps? Surely in short yardage the 6'2" 220ish pound back would be nice to plug-in?

Yeah, I agree with Whitehead. Hype needs to sit him down and talk about a change.

I'd say execution from the OL has also been lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back