Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would we be where we are now if we would have given Gruden the Saban-like control he wanted the first go around? Granted, his path with the Raiders has washed him up considerably now and I am in NO WAY trying to “make the list” and throw his name out there again. Just curious if he would have been successful that first go around (Gruden Mania!!!) and we wouldn’t be the mangy dog begging for scraps at the SEC table.
I doubt that “first go around” account is based in fact. Is this more of “I heard that it was done but…” unverifiable scuttlebutt?

Reactions: Bret178
So would we be where we are now if we would have given Gruden the Saban-like control he wanted the first go around? Granted, his path with the Raiders has washed him up considerably now and I am in NO WAY trying to “make the list” and throw his name out there again. Just curious if he would have been successful that first go around (Gruden Mania!!!) and we wouldn’t be the mangy dog begging for scraps at the SEC table.

Gruden sucks and has for a long time.

What do you mean from that one tweet? It's completely obvious based on his history of the last month. Look at the comments. Even the brainless UT drones on Twitter were able to put 2 and 2 together.

1. BM posts some cryptic nonsense on Twitter.
2. "Well we shouldn't assume..."
3. It's proven to be exactly what everyone assumed it was.

And yet every time... "Well we can't assume he's talking about UT" lol
I was specifically referring to this latest tweet. Yes, your assumption may be correct, but It's been my experience that assumptions can come back and bite you in the ass.

Anyway, why does this chap some folks ass so much? Why is any importance attached to anything he posts? He's gone and not part of the team anymore. Who cares what he says on social media?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
No its true. This is all on UT and nobody else. You can spin it every which way you want but Tenn football is in the shape that its in because of their decisions they made. Tenn went cheap period with each hire except for Kiffins staff. Nobody with a name wanted this job because UT had already put the program in the dumps.
Question is, has anything changed?

Color me unconvinced....

HB is worth a chance.

Idc who the QB is, but why do I get the Danny Wuerffel vibe from HB. Danny didn’t have a strong arm but just got the ball to his receivers on time. HB has a stronger arm and is a bigger athlete, but maybe he can get it to the receivers on time with a catchable ball. That’s all we need. I do worry about is mobility with our OL leaking like as sieve. I thought he showed pretty good mobility last year. More mobility than what I thought he had.

Idc who the QB is, but why do I get the Danny Wuerffel vibe from HB. Danny didn’t have a strong arm but just got the ball to his receivers on time. HB has a stronger arm and is a bigger athlete, but maybe he can get it to the receivers on time with a catchable ball. That’s all we need. I do worry about is mobility with our OL leaking like as sieve. I thought he showed pretty good mobility last year. More mobility than what I thought he had.
Did he really do all that well or are we just remembering that it was better then JG who would crap the bed at inopportune times? I liked Hooker. He came in cold, and yes, he threw interception and turned over ball, but so did Harrison Bailey last year, plus Hooker did well running.

I've heard comparison to Drew Lock, but isn't that putting a lot on someone? I think we always put the guy who hasn't played on a pedestal.

Did he really do all that well or are we just remembering that it was better then JG who would crap the bed at inopportune times? I liked Hooker. He came in cold, and yes, he threw interception and turned over ball, but so did Harrison Bailey last year, plus Hooker did well running.

I've heard comparison to Drew Lock, but isn't that putting a lot on someone? I think we always put the guy who hasn't played on a pedestal.
Why are people hung up on a running QB? Isnt Heup offense suppose to be about slinging the ball all over the field ? HB had no spring and very little fall practice under his belt and he still did better than any QB we had last year.

No its true. This is all on UT and nobody else. You can spin it every which way you want but Tenn football is in the shape that its in because of their decisions they made. Tenn went cheap period with each hire except for Kiffins staff. Nobody with a name wanted this job because UT had already put the program in the dumps.
I never said it wasn’t on the administration….. the administration is 100% at fault for their decision making…. We didn’t go cheap…. Every team has money now…. Name one coach that would have come here but we were too cheap to hire. Every big name coach that has been hired by another team is bc he was looking to leave or getting ready to be fired like jumbo fisher….I just want the fans to be a positive instead of negative… Fill our stadium…. Be loud….. support our players…. Don’t attack our players on social media or anywhere else.

I never said it wasn’t on the administration….. the administration is 100% at fault for their decision making…. We didn’t go cheap…. Every team has money now…. Name one coach that would have come here but we were too cheap to hire. Every big name coach that has been hired by another team is bc he was looking to leave or getting ready to be fired like jumbo fisher….I just want the fans to be a positive instead of negative… Fill our stadium…. Be loud….. support our players…. Don’t attack our players on social media or anywhere else.
Hard to say who we would have gotten had the admin been open-minded and really have opened up the checkbook. But more than anything, their utter incompetence and dedication to the House of Haslam is what really did us in. Dooley never made sense and was a panic hire. Butch made some sense at the time but just failed miserably. And Pruitt.....Well we all remember what a cluster**** that process was.

We mishandled the original firing of Fulmer, fell in love with a shyster, panic hired an idiot, flopped on a toad, then totally fubared everything with a Bammer. Our admin has been poop ever since Doug Dickey retired. Hopefully DW eventually rights the ship.

Went from excited about football season to wishing it’s the off season again in 24 hours
I mean, you can make it the off season if it's that tough for you. Not being critical. If it makes you unhappy, just find something else to do. You can still be a fan and not invest so much in it. I do the same thing every year with the Cubs, though until this year, the last five or so years were very good.

Reactions: SoilVol and JCP201
I don’t like this take. He always extends drives and he is our best returner.
I love him as a returner…. A lot of people are expecting him to be like a number one type of receiver and I have my doubts that he can be that type of guy…. He can definitely be a rotational guy that makes a big play for us every once in awhile.

Hard to say who we would have gotten had the admin been open-minded and really have opened up the checkbook. But more than anything, their utter incompetence and dedication to the House of Haslam is what really did us in. Dooley never made sense and was a panic hire. Butch made some sense at the time but just failed miserably. And Pruitt.....Well we all remember what a cluster**** that process was.

We mishandled the original firing of Fulmer, fell in love with a shyster, panic hired an idiot, flopped on a toad, then totally fubared everything with a Bammer. Our admin has been poop ever since Doug Dickey retired. Hopefully DW eventually rights the ship.
We have been the definition of incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back