Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three turnovers to none and 130 yards of penalties for -7 is not gonna win you many games. Despite that, we were in it for the entire game, no quit, against a solid if unspectacular Pitt team that is comparable to UK I think.

Looks like we have some good players, just not enough of them, on D. On offense, I’ve seen enough of Milton to feel pretty sure he will not be able to consistently run an efficient offense. It’ll be boom or bust from series to series. Would rather see Hooker or Bailey, and hope the Oline can gel behind another QB as the season progresses.

If we can stop losing players to injury and committing stupid penalties, still see this as a 6-7 win team.

It's obviously gotten in his head now..he hasn't had that problem. I hope he doesn't get worse.

There was a second baseman one time, I can't remember his name..but the guy developed a mental block about throwing to first base and couldn’t complete the easiest throws, it was one of the craziest things like that I have ever seen.

Steve Sax? Chuck Knoblauch?

Chuck Knoblaugh and that was hard to watch.

Such a shame, too. He was a very talented player. Painful to see it.

Kevin Na got that on the PGA tour some years back. Could not pull the trigger on his swing. Fidget and fiddle around forever - really painful and exasperating to watch. Somehow he overcame it and is very successful now. Different deal in that he did not have teammates depending on him.

Reactions: orangesoda
The only way to a quick fix is lights out recruiting, and unfortunately, we've never been able to competently outcheat the competition.
Only way for a quick fix, lights out recruiting is a Super Coach that takes recruits a nano-second for them to know they’ll sign on the dotted line. There isn’t a Super Coach, not even Kiffin for those oddly want to go that route.

Such a shame, too. He was a very talented player. Painful to see it.

Kevin Na got that on the PGA tour some years back. Could not pull the trigger on his swing. Fidget and fiddle around forever - really painful and exasperating to watch. Somehow he overcame it and is very successful now. Different deal in that he did not have teammates depending on him.
1631535839819.gif

Heupel was kind of a panic hire. That doesn't mean he won't turn out to be a good hire. Heupel was the guy DW knew he could get when at least a couple of others turned him down.

And Heup knew it because of how he responded to a question before his hiring announcement. UT knew Danny had Heup as the fall back when they hire him as AD. So whether that is classed as a panic hire I don't know. Not the best of situations for sure.

And Heup knew it because of how he responded to a question before his hiring announcement. UT knew Danny had Heup as the fall back when they hire him as AD. So whether that is classed as a panic hire I don't know. Not the best of situations for sure.
I’d just call it a “back pocket” CYA type of hire in a dire situation.

The worst part about work on Monday in Georgia are all the little trolling questions I'll get about Tennessee. "Tough loss this weekend, huh?" Yeah, tough loss, Gary, kinda like when you lost your house and custody of your son in the divorce. Get the hell out of my office.

Take a sh** on his desk after hours.

Finally caught up. Glad I had a busy weekend outside of watching the game. Y’all crazy. Year 1 game 2. QB is still our biggest problem yet we STILL scored 30+ in both games. That’s leaps and bounds over Pruitt. Defense can also line up and play hard. Again better than Pruitt.

If we play a clean game we win. That sucks, but is it really that surprising to make such mistakes in year 1? No. Even with the mistakes, switch the QBs and we run them out of the building. We’re totally fine. If you can’t see the potential in this team and coaching staff then you can’t be helped.

That Pitt team is vastly overrated. Sure they’re a decent team but they’ll benefit from being in the garbage ACC and will finish with 8-9 wins which ain’t that impressive from how some are making it out to be. They’d lose to Bama, GA, FL by 17+ points easy. Kentucky and Mizzou are better teams we should have beat them. Trouble ahead for the Vols. Now we gotta steal one of Mizzou and Kentucky and hopefully not crap the bed against South Carolina.

That Pitt team is vastly overrated. Sure they’re a decent team but they’ll benefit from being in the garbage ACC and will finish with 8-9 wins which ain’t that impressive from how some are making it out to be. They’d lose to Bama, GA, FL by 17+ points easy. Kentucky and Mizzou are better teams we should have beat them. Trouble ahead for the Vols. Now we gotta steal one of Mizzou and Kentucky and hopefully not crap the bed against South Carolina.
What about them is overrated? They aren’t ranked. They seem to be rated exactly where they should be to me. I think several people on this board overrated the Vols which is an easy thing to do when you’re a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back