Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed when he dove at the receivers legs and he didn't even try to wrap up and the receiver just bounced off and ran for 15 yards.
McCullough kills me lol, doesn’t even have the speed to be a Safety. Also, as big as he is, he should be wrapping up every tackle. He is bigger than every skill player on opposing offenses except the TE. Pretty sure the 22 jersey for safeties is cursed. Abernathy had the same issues.

Reactions: VolNash17
He plays full speed and mean every snap. Love his attitude. He will get drafted if he keeps developing and playing like he is.
The only thing I wish he would figure out is when he is blitzing full speed and knows he is about to get cut, I wish he would figure out how to get over the top of the cut.

That’s a false narrative….. the university has been trying to win but just continually make bad hires…. We finally went out and got one of the best in the business to run the athletic department….
our fans have not been doing their best…. We are known more for raising h&ll then anything supportive….. I haven’t sit in my actual seats in years bc people would rather stay at the house…. First game…. I was front row at the 50 yard line of the second part on the lower level…. The Pitt game I went under the overhang for shade…we are not freaking Vandy fans…. We need to show up and show out to help us win and recruit.
I remember the glory days and what a packed Neyland is like. The fact it's no longer packed falls squarely on the administration making bad hire after bad hire. It's not the fans fault, and blaming the fans is lazy. The product on the field hasn't warranted sell out crowds in a long time.

What???!!!

The team should have been happy to have the crowd they had last game considering the amount of suck we have dealt with over the past 15 years. Our fans are still here but maybe people should also consider the fact that the pit game was on 20th anniversary of 9/11. People have lives outside of football.

On 9/24 it will be the 10 year anniversary of my best friends death. He was killed in Afghanistan and was there because of 9/11. I fell into a dark place when he died.

9/11 has taken a toll on so many people outside of NY. It being the 20th anniversary I'd say that had a lot to do with the attendance last Saturday.

Ultimately, we will know how the attendance is effected come SEC play. Don't read to much into this past weekend.
Not to mention this thing called COVID that's been going around. Maybe you've heard of it?

What???!!!

The team should have been happy to have the crowd they had last game considering the amount of suck we have dealt with over the past 15 years. Our fans are still here but maybe people should also consider the fact that the pit game was on 20th anniversary of 9/11. People have lives outside of football.

On 9/24 it will be the 10 year anniversary of my best friends death. He was killed in Afghanistan and was there because of 9/11. I fell into a dark place when he died.

9/11 has taken a toll on so many people outside of NY. It being the 20th anniversary I'd say that had a lot to do with the attendance last Saturday.

Ultimately, we will know how the attendance is effected come SEC play. Don't read to much into this past weekend.
In case it hasn't been mentioned, we're still in the midst of a pandemic where some people aren't comfortable rubbing hips with maskless strangers on all four sides.

Last edited:
I remember the glory days and what a packed Neyland is like. The fact it's no longer packed falls squarely on the administration making bad hire after bad hire. It's not the fans fault, and blaming the fans is lazy. The product on the field hasn't warranted sell out crowds in a long time.
It hasn’t been that long since it was packed.. if the Pitt game was a night game, it would’ve been packed out.

This. It’s like putting poop on my son’s dinner plate and wondering why he’s not willingly running to the dinner table.

So, "it's obviously him making implications that the QB competition was unfair."

That amount of specificity from that one tweet? That's impressive......

What do you mean from that one tweet? It's completely obvious based on his history of the last month. Look at the comments. Even the brainless UT drones on Twitter were able to put 2 and 2 together.

1. BM posts some cryptic nonsense on Twitter.
2. "Well we shouldn't assume..."
3. It's proven to be exactly what everyone assumed it was.

And yet every time... "Well we can't assume he's talking about UT" lol

I don’t think anybody in their right minds expected more than .500 this year. I’d love to see Huepel reach .500 or better, just so we can say he did better than the last 3 clowns here. That is still on the table.

Tennessee is still top 10-12 all-time winningest college football program in the country. No self-respecting program with that rich of tradition is going to lose a winnable game without some grumbling, nor should they. And that Pitt game was winnable - any game against a team we outrank in most talent indexes is winnable, regardless of extenuating circumstances. Yesterday’s loss was just the latest in a long line of missed opportunities to fast track the rebuild. Nobody is burning mattresses over this loss, but nobody should be okay with it either.

“I don’t think anybody in their right minds expected more than .500 this year.”

There we’re a few, but not many. And I agree .500 is still very much on the table. Yet, some here have already forgotten that.

“Nobody is burning mattresses over this loss”

This I very much disagree with. Read these posts again. Some are far more than just grumbling and disappointed; they’ve already given up on the season, the QBs, the team, and the coaches. I don’t get it. I’m not surprised, but I don’t get it.

I don’t think anybody in their right minds expected more than .500 this year. I’d love to see Huepel reach .500 or better, just so we can say he did better than the last 3 clowns here. That is still on the table.

Tennessee is still top 10-12 all-time winningest college football program in the country. No self-respecting program with that rich of tradition is going to lose a winnable game without some grumbling, nor should they. And that Pitt game was winnable - any game against a team we outrank in most talent indexes is winnable, regardless of extenuating circumstances. Yesterday’s loss was just the latest in a long line of missed opportunities to fast track the rebuild. Nobody is burning mattresses over this loss, but nobody should be okay with it either.
What about Vegas that had our over-under at 6.5 before the season?

If I knew Vegas was not in their right mind I would have taken advantage. Damn. Missed opportunity.

“I don’t think anybody in their right minds expected more than .500 this year.”

There we’re a few, but not many. And I agree .500 is still very much on the table. Yet, some here have already forgotten that.

“Nobody is burning mattresses over this loss”

This I very much disagree with. Read these posts again. Some are far more than just grumbling and disappointed; they’ve already given up on the season, the QBs, the team, and the coaches. I don’t get it. I’m not surprised, but I don’t get it.
14 - 1 until it ain’t! WGWTROTA!

I do think that Bailey’s lack of running ability is the biggest reason he’s not playing. I definitely think you’re onto something there
I don’t buy into that. Milton has only had a couple designed run plays. Tayven Jackson is a hand picked CJH recruit and he runs very little for his high school team. All coaches would prefer a mobile qb but I don’t see anything from this offense that shows the coach wants to have the qb running the ball. I think he wants an accurate passer that can read the defense quickly. Having a qb that can move in the pocket or roll out is much more important. Bailey held the ball forever last year. I don’t know if that’s still a problem but I don’t think speed is the issue.

and so has losing. Tenn went shopping at the dollar tree for coaches and that is why Tn has sucked for years.
That’s not true…. We hired one of the biggest staffs in college football with lane kiffin…. He bailed on us so late that we were stuck with an interim or Dooley…. The next time…. We had one of the hottest commodities in college football Charlie strong hired…. He bailed on us for Texas and we got Butch Jones….. After Jones….. we had the absolute meltdown of a coaching search which led to every coach around the country turning us down…. It led to Pruitt…. This year we tried to get Franklin or other big name coaches…. They turned us down so we got Heup ….. we couldn’t even hire away the Oklahoma state coach….. we have to make coaches and recruits want to come to our university…. Making it a positive environment helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back