Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can find one cryptic tweet he's made that isn't about UT football then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's obviously him making implications that the QB competition was unfair.
So, "it's obviously him making implications that the QB competition was unfair."

That amount of specificity from that one tweet? That's impressive......

Man people really going off on fans for not showing up. We have sucked for over a decade and still do not look like a good team. This is a 6-6 at best team and yet people are going off on fans for spending time with their families and enjoying their weekends. This is craziness. How about you blame the administration for taking this fanbase for granted and serving us s*** for years. I don’t blame a single person who saves their hard earned money from going to see the Vols right now.
People always likes to put the blame on anything except for the place it belongs. The UT admin.

giphy.gif

That’s a false narrative….. the university has been trying to win but just continually make bad hires…. We finally went out and got one of the best in the business to run the athletic department….
our fans have not been doing their best…. We are known more for raising h&ll then anything supportive….. I haven’t sit in my actual seats in years bc people would rather stay at the house…. First game…. I was front row at the 50 yard line of the second part on the lower level…. The Pitt game I went under the overhang for shade…we are not freaking Vandy fans…. We need to show up and show out to help us win and recruit.
What???!!!

The team should have been happy to have the crowd they had last game considering the amount of suck we have dealt with over the past 15 years. Our fans are still here but maybe people should also consider the fact that the pit game was on 20th anniversary of 9/11. People have lives outside of football.

On 9/24 it will be the 10 year anniversary of my best friends death. He was killed in Afghanistan and was there because of 9/11. I fell into a dark place when he died.

9/11 has taken a toll on so many people outside of NY. It being the 20th anniversary I'd say that had a lot to do with the attendance last Saturday.

Ultimately, we will know how the attendance is effected come SEC play. Don't read to much into this past weekend.

The offense with turnovers put the defense in some really bad spots....but the defense played fine.
This defense is based on a few things….. turnovers…. Sacks…. TFL’s….. and red zone defense….. we were bad in every category except TFL’s…we have to start creating turnovers if we want to win games.

What???!!!

The team should have been happy to have the crowd they had last game considering the amount of suck we have dealt with over the past 15 years. Our fans are still here but maybe people should also consider the fact that the pit game was on 20th anniversary of 9/11. People have lives outside of football.

On 9/24 it will be the 10 year anniversary of my best friends death. He was killed in Afghanistan and was there because of 9/11. I fell into a dark place when he died.

9/11 has taken a toll on so many people outside of NY. It being the 20th anniversary I'd say that had a lot to do with the attendance last Saturday.

Ultimately, we will know how the attendance is effected come SEC play. Don't read to much into this past weekend.
It’s been an on going problem for years.

HB is ready to play. He didn't ask for a RS. Coaches are developing all 3 QBs. None of them are where they need to be. They weren't in camp, they haven't been in practice and they're not on the field. We have 3 works in progress.
According to @volbeast33 Joe Milton is a Beast in practice. Knocking down all the deep throws and running all over the place.

Need to fix our Safety and DB issue. Again, McCullough killed us in pass coverage absolutely abysmal, it’s like his form of pass coverage is to allow the defender to catch the ball by being 3-5 yds away every time. He is worthless for pass breakups and he always takes terrible angles.

I mean the double pass to the TE is an example. McCullough could of easily of stopped that play from happening but instead of scanning the field for open players he is staring at the QB and has no one in his zone and doesn’t break on the throw until it is too late.

I dunno I just don’t think you can fix McCullough he has had that same issue since the first game he started.
I laughed when he dove at the receivers legs and he didn't even try to wrap up and the receiver just bounced off and ran for 15 yards.

According to @volbeast33 Joe Milton is a Beast in practice. Knocking down all the deep throws and running all over the place.
they practice running plays a lot in practice but they cannot hit the QB….He has been the most accurate by far on deep passes but it’s different in games when you are a live target.

FWIW I pretty much expected the QB play we saw. I have been saying for months we don’t have a QB. For all the people screaming for Bailey the reason you aren’t seeing him is because our offensive line is straight dog ****. Without Hooker or Milton we would have even less of a running game. Also Bailey would get killed back there.

Given the personnel we have I have been pleasantly surprised with the defense. You can definitely tell they are better coached and the staff is taking journeyman and turning them into contributors. I really wish we had more SEC level defensive lineman we could rotate because it was obvious they were gassed when the pass rush fell off the cliff. Also all knew linebacker would be a major weakness so it is what it is. Big drop off after Banks and Mitchell.

For my money Hype had a good game plan and he already has the decked stacked against him with all the holes in the roster. The only issue I really had with him was not challenging the spot when it was obvious he made it and the 4th down call. 4th and less than a yard can we not line up under center and sneak it?

To sum it up I think we have the best group of developers we have had in over 10 years. I just think the program and roster are in a worse spot than they have been in a long time. Once again I expected the QB room to be bad but the offensive line has been the biggest disappointment for me and showed the least amount of growth. 10 lineman my ass.
I do think that Bailey’s lack of running ability is the biggest reason he’s not playing. I definitely think you’re onto something there

Reactions: hooter vol
I remember his freshman year I said on here how I think he’s be an incredible pass rusher. I still do. I think he’d be amazing off the edge every snap
He plays full speed and mean every snap. Love his attitude. He will get drafted if he keeps developing and playing like he is.

I bet you Pitt only loses one between Miami and VT and to Clemson… possibly dropping one they shouldn’t as well.

3 loss team, IMO
They’re well coached and play smart football for the most part. No big time stars, but their defense is sound, with some big guys that get after it on the lines and a seasoned QB that is a legit football player. They should make some noise. This is what, Narduzzis 7th year or something? This is Heupels first. Let’s give the dude some time

Banks made some plays but he also cost us about 30 yards and 7 points on stupid penalties, which has been a problem his whole career.
His only dumb penalty was the slam lol, that block in the back was just a bad judgement block and it wasn’t even super egregious. If it wouldn’t of been called it would of been the best block ever 😂

Reactions: SmokinBob
Some guys are great at practice and totally suck on the field...so not really. All it can do is be a indicator of readiness...just one of many. The greatest indicator is how you play under fire.

According to observers...Milton lights it up in practice, but dude absolutely sucks under live fire..
Rotating QBs in game isn't practical either. Unless you're playing a cupcake. QBs have to have time to find a rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back