Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kids a snake. Glad he got the boot. Next step is for him to gtfo the city of Knoxville.

oh no! We gotta a new scandal with yet another coach. Locker room intrigue!

Woo hoo! Give me all the juicy details.

Lol. I’m done with that stuff. Just going to enjoy the games on Saturdays.

Fighting for 6! That’s the theme of this season. Can we find 5 more wins? That’s what I care about. And if we don’t, it’s no worse than the last two coaches.

You have to throw the ball deep vs teams that play match quarters. Pitt, UGA, bama, Florida etc. especially ones that press bc it’s dangerous and hard to throw bubbles and stuff against rolled up corners.

It’s unrealistic to expect to hit like 75% of them but you gotta hit a couple. The ball to Hyatt has to be caught.
7 or so almost back to back is what I had a problem with. We did 3 in a row at one point I think.

Is it known what he is referring to or is it just automatically assumed it has to do with UT football?
If you can find one cryptic tweet he's made that isn't about UT football then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's obviously him making implications that the QB competition was unfair.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I hope we take 6 more guys and use the rest of the spots on transfers.

We are losing a ton on both sides after this season. Going to need some instant impact dudes.

Rucker and Charles both caught my eye yesterday. Hope they have bright futures here.

As for the game yesterday, I’m starting to get over it.

Like everyone else has said, can’t knock the guys for fighting their asses off yesterday. Love seeing that. It just sucks because we have a capable coach with capable players, but we need a QB, I haven’t seen any other team in the country that has problems at the position like we do, it’s wild.

For those who have been trashing Heupel, he gets a pass this year. Once he gets his QB here, then I’ll start to judge if he can make it or not, but right now I see a guy that enjoys being here, takes pride in it, doesn’t give any BS or ****** slogans, and is trying to make UT football fun again. That’s the most important thing that’s been missing. At the end of the day at least he is showing more promise than Butch or Pruitt ever did. Yes, the recruiting is and will probably continue to be meh, but after two games I’ve seen an offense and defense better, and more exciting to watch then what those other two fielded.

We can agree to disagree on this.

Lastly, and I’m not being 100% serious, but if Heupel doesn’t make it, then we should hire Kevin Kelley. He always goes for 2, always onsides, and never punts. He coaches at Presbyterian College and has won his last two games in his first season, 84-43, and 68-3. His high school record: Kelley's players and teams have broken 15 national high school football records, with the Bruins compiling a 216-29-1 mark in 18 seasons.
He has His QB he got Milton where it was transfer or recruiting, probably both Milton is his man.

The issue with Hooker is just his arm. He is a dink and dunker. Which Huepel’s true offense is not made for. That doesn’t mean it can’t develop into that but, I think you are going to see Huepel stick with Milton until he just can’t stick with Milton.
He seemed pretty fed up with him in the post game conference

Reactions: VOLSONLY
He seemed pretty fed up with him in the post game conference
I think he was fed up with that whole game lol. 134 penalty yds and blown assignments that would tie the game, on the stop at the goal line. Miltons overthrows, our lines blocking getting our QB killed, terrible Safety play, Or Hooker causing us to have to use a timeout that we needed… etc etc. lol. A lot of things for him to be upset about.

We played very undisciplined football yesterday.

I think he was fed up with that whole game lol. 134 penalty yds and blown assignments that would tie the game, on the stop at the goal line. Miltons overthrows, our lines blocking getting our QB killed, terrible Safety play, Or Hooker causing us to have to use a timeout that we needed… etc etc. lol. A lot of things for him to be upset about.

We played very undisciplined football yesterday.
Yeah, one of the sloppiest games I’ve ever seen us play..

Any update on Hyatt? I was sitting not too far from where he hit the ground.. i wasn’t sure he was going to get up

This kid is pure drama and that’s coming from me which. Which says something. I’d rather any poster in this board play QB at UT over him. Glad he’s gone.
You can't have a snake on the team at the QB position. Walking around the sideline whispering "You know I would have made that play". He's that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back