Linebackers lowkey good

He’s got to stay on the field first…
I don’t think he’s going to be an issue off the field any longer and I agree with Basilio one of the few times that Banks or Beasley should have played over Crouch and that it was political.

Hate to say it but doubt we will look worse than we did last years with the Dwhisperer. I couldn't believe we STILL couldn't get the right amount of people on the field.

Reactions: FBtime
The addition of Juwan Mitchell was crucial to this defense.
1) He's ever bit as good as the kid now at Bama that we lost.
2) He's a veteran guy.

As I was telling Eastnknox865, Garland has carved out a role on this defense. Really athletic dude that is getting better at LB with every rep. BJM said today that he will be a big factor for our defense this year. And I saw this happening as far back as spring. Because he was the best defender out there.

Now you throw in Jeremy Banks who has experience and Morvin Joseph that also super talented and you can use these guys and their talents situationally.

Willis now has time to sit and learn as a frosh along with Mohan...
Because Page and Beasley have played as well and are factors.

MLB J Mitchell 6'2 226, S Page 6'2 225
WLB K Garland 6'1 225, J Banks 6'1 230
- with Joseph and Mohan having pass rushing packages, while Willis can sit and learn without pressure how to call the defense.

That's as an athletic group we've had in a while.

From what I have read so far Willis moves like a cheetah for sideline to sideline.

While undersized, he is the fast dude we need especially on passing downs.

Reactions: LittleVol
I’ll bet Banks starts over Garland.
For the record, I hope you're right.

Jeremy Banks realizing his potential, and playing alongside a good LB like Mitchell would make our defense formidable. Both of those guys have blitzing abilities especially Banks. Banks can hit like a ton of bricks too.

Really need the light to cut on for him.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Going from 3-4 to 4-3 means we need less LBs and the scheme is a lot simpler.

Our guys won't spend precious time trying to remember what to do on each play. 4-3 is more instinctive for the LBs.

It’s night and day. We saw first hand how many talented bodies you need to stay fresh for 4 quarters let alone stay in games.

That group may excite you but it scares me to death. One injury and we could be in trouble. Beasley is a safety converted to LB, Joseph is supper talented but is a high school pass rusher with the size of a LB. There are a lot a question marks at this position.

So were Al Wilson, Kevin Burnett, and others.

Reactions: Bret178
Georgia and Bama will run it between the tackles until they win or we stop it. We need guys big enough to hold up for 4 quarters.
Remember who will be on the D-line

SDE - Mario Butler 6'4 290
DT- Omari Thomas 6'4 300
DT - K Garland 6'3 310
LEO - T Barron 6'5 265

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Remember who will be on the D-line

SDE - Mario Butler 6'4 290
DT- Omari Thomas 6'4 300
DT - K Garland 6'3 310
LEO - T Barron 6'5 265

That’s definitely a start but Tennessee needs depth quality depth. I hope they hold up but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous

Georgia and Bama will run it between the tackles until they win or we stop it. We need guys big enough to hold up for 4 quarters.
That’s what the litany of 300+ DL in front of them are for. Toto was small last year but made up for it by not being able to cover receivers out of the backfield.

We have NEVER in recent history had a good lb group.

A good player here and there but not a good group in the 2000's.

Average group at best this year.

VN Store

Back