Linebackers lowkey good

So we need to stop comparing to last year. There was a different offense supporting it. You need to think big 12 football. Those defenses get points put up in them because the offense of those teams score a lot of points( okstate, Baylor, OU) the defense can be good but it will always have points scored in it. So when comparing to last years team. This current defense will give up more points and yards
Doesnt it work the same way when you have 1 of the worst offenses in college football reguardless of conference??? Your defense is always on the field bc the offense is pretty much 3 & out or turning it over the whole game. You are going to give up alot of points either way. The only difference is instead of losing 42-6, you're actually scoring some points. In the new era of football you can beat anybody if you can score.

First, as usual, I’m praying for good health for these guys in this tough game they play.

IMO we really only have one solid proven LB in Mitchell, and even he proved himself in another uni and system.

Others are athletic, but not proven LBs. This includes Jeremy Banks, who so far is as likely to bust his assignment or pick up a personal foul on a key 3rd down as he is to make a key stop. Beasley has a good opportunity, but needs to show dependability, and fit the right gaps. Hope Morven Joseph isn’t another great athlete who can’t take flight at any specific position. Really hope he and Roman Harrison can find productive spots on this Defense.

Page and Garland have quickness/speed, plus experience. But both have trouble holding up against the run. Looking forward to Willis’ and Mohan’s development.

Bottom line, it’s Mitchell and a lot of ? inside. Must have some ? answered positively to be at least decent.

I'm not sold on Tim Banks for whatever reason more so than any player on defense. Don't ask me why but I don't.

Georgia and Bama will run it between the tackles until they win or we stop it. We need guys big enough to hold up for 4 quarters.
Ok, you ain’t beating them if Al Wilson was on the team, so who gives a rip. Most your teams are going to high octane offense, so they’ll be just fine.

Reactions: VOLinPD
I think Solomon and Terry possibly start the DT spots..... Young possibly starts across from Barron. One guy I'm 100% sure will not start is Mario Butler. Now Matthew Butler has a real chance to start but Mario will never see the field LittleVol 🤣
LittleVol you do know you put Mario Butler as a starter and his name is Matthew. Maybe you know something I don't know.

Georgia and Bama will run it between the tackles until they win or we stop it. We need guys big enough to hold up for 4 quarters.
Ok, you ain’t beating them if Al Wilson was on the team, so who gives a rip. Most your teams are going to high octane offense, so they’ll be just fine.

I'm not sold on Tim Banks for whatever reason more so than any player on defense. Don't ask me why but I don't.
So you're not sold on the DC? How could you be he hasn't coached a game yet. I'm not sold on anyone on the coaching staff. Or you referring to Jeremy Banks the linebacker?

I think Solomon and Terry possibly start the DT spots..... Young possibly starts across from Barron. One guy I'm 100% sure will not start is Mario Butler. Now Matthew Butler has a real chance to start but Mario will never see the field LittleVol 🤣
Simmons is gonna be out there on the field! GBO!!!!!

The addition of Juwan Mitchell was crucial to this defense.
1) He's ever bit as good as the kid now at Bama that we lost.
2) He's a veteran guy.

As I was telling Eastnknox865, Garland has carved out a role on this defense. Really athletic dude that is getting better at LB with every rep. BJM said today that he will be a big factor for our defense this year. And I saw this happening as far back as spring. Because he was the best defender out there.

Now you throw in Jeremy Banks who has experience and Morvin Joseph that also super talented and you can use these guys and their talents situationally.

Willis now has time to sit and learn as a frosh along with Mohan...
Because Page and Beasley have played as well and are factors.

MLB J Mitchell 6'2 226, S Page 6'2 225
WLB K Garland 6'1 225, J Banks 6'1 230
- with Joseph and Mohan having pass rushi packages, while Willis can sit and learn without pressure how to call the defense.

That's as an athletic group we've had in a while.

Great news. I’ll believe in our LB corps when I see them effectively deny the slant—or any other pass across the middle.

VN Store

Back