Linebackers lowkey good

LittleVol

Of course I can help you, Coach Heupel.
The addition of Juwan Mitchell was crucial to this defense.
1) He's ever bit as good as the kid now at Bama that we lost.
2) He's a veteran guy.

As I was telling Eastnknox865, Garland has carved out a role on this defense. Really athletic dude that is getting better at LB with every rep. BJM said today that he will be a big factor for our defense this year. And I saw this happening as far back as spring. Because he was the best defender out there.

Now you throw in Jeremy Banks who has experience and Morvin Joseph that also super talented and you can use these guys and their talents situationally.

Willis now has time to sit and learn as a frosh along with Mohan...
Because Page and Beasley have played as well and are factors.

MLB J Mitchell 6'2 226, S Page 6'2 225
WLB K Garland 6'1 225, J Banks 6'1 230
- with Joseph and Mohan having pass rushing packages, while Willis can sit and learn without pressure how to call the defense.

That's as an athletic group we've had in a while.

2) He's a veteran guy.

As I was telling Eastnknox865, Garland has carved out a role on this defense. Really athletic dude that is getting better at LB with every rep. BJM said today that he will be a big factor for our defense this year. And I saw this happening as far back as spring. Because he was the best defender out there.

Now you throw in Jeremy Banks who has experience and Morvin Joseph that also super talented and you can use these guys and their talents situationally.

- with Joseph and Mohan having pass rushing packages, while Willis can sit and learn without pressure how to call the defense.

Man, if the LB corp can step up and just hold their own, our D might surprise a few folks this year. We hope.

2) He's a veteran guy.

That group may excite you but it scares me to death. One injury and we could be in trouble. Beasley is a safety converted to LB, Joseph is supper talented but is a high school pass rusher with the size of a LB. There are a lot a question marks at this position.

Last edited:
2) He's a veteran guy.

No doubt LB play is key. Lots of depth and experience up front, solid 6-7 kids in the back end. Not nearly as worried about our defense as I was last Spring.

2) He's a veteran guy.

This is just hopium man. HT was a boss. Mitchell seems like a solid starter who is a bit one dimensional in his playstyle. Definitely a good pickup, but let's face facts: our defense is likely going to be terrible this year. We lost more talent this year than we have in recent memory... maybe for any team. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the combination with our new offensive style results in 30+ ppg being given up.

Reactions: MontyPython
This is just hopium man. HT was a boss. Mitchell seems like a solid starter who is a bit one dimensional in his playstyle. Definitely a good pickup, but let's face facts: our defense is likely going to be terrible this year. We lost more talent this year than we have in recent memory... maybe for any team. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the combination with our new offensive style results in 30+ ppg being given up.
If I can keep auto correct from changing that to "hoping" I'll have added a new word to my vocabulary.

2) He's a veteran guy.

I’ve heard from multiple media that Beasely should have had an opportunity to start over Crouch in the past but, you know…recruiting promises and all that

Reactions: LittleVol
Correct. If we putting up 45 we giving up 45
You keep saying this. I welcome difference of opinion, but you never really explain your point.
Just doom and gloom.

What was our defensive problems last year?
How do they effect this season?
You realize offense was the biggest problem last year right? Them not having the ability to score put pressure on an a defense that was under coached. Especially d-line.

Although I am concerned about the defense the only player from last years defense that was close to being good was HT that's it. The defensive line should be better as well as the secondary. Linebackers is a major concern but they will probably play 4-2-5

Although I am concerned about the defense the only player from last years defense that was close to being good was HT that's it. The defensive line should be better as well as the secondary. Linebackers is a major concern but they will probably play 4-2-5
Pass D from that group will improve from last year I have zero doubt

I’ve heard from multiple media that Beasely should have had an opportunity to start over Crouch in the past but, you know…recruiting promises and all that
Crouch was much better suited for OLB. He showed good promise there.
Beasley had all season to unseat him or Banks. It never happened.
Him being gone all spring didnt help his chances. Beasley was a physical dude in HS. I like to see him emerge as a real option.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Crouch was much better suited for OLB. He showed good promise there.
Beasley had all season to unseat him or Banks. It never happened.
Him being gone all spring didnt help his chances. Beasley was a physical dude in HS. I like to see him emerge as a real option.
He had all season but people inside the program have said he should have been starting. That’s directly from Swain

Reactions: LittleVol
You keep saying this. I welcome difference of opinion, but you never really explain your point.
Just doom and gloom.

What was our defensive problems last year?
How do they effect this season?
You realize offense was the biggest problem last year right? Them not having the ability to score put pressure on an a defense that was under coached. Especially d-line.
So we need to stop comparing to last year. There was a different offense supporting it. You need to think big 12 football. Those defenses get points put up in them because the offense of those teams score a lot of points( okstate, Baylor, OU) the defense can be good but it will always have points scored in it. So when comparing to last years team. This current defense will give up more points and yards

VN Store

Back