Vaccine or not?

So you're afraid people are gonna die in, say, 5 years from the vax they got this year?

I’m not afraid of many things . Government propaganda pushed through social media platforms, Main stream Media , big Pharma , state lotteries, all trying to bribe you into getting a vaccine that has little to no data because it’s in its infancy… almost demands that I go the other way until I see more data .

Nothing to be afraid of? LOL, what? Why are you making that terrible and wrong point? Nobody said be afraid. Nobody is fear mongering (except the anti vaxxer I just responded to). The point of the article is to share the success of a vaccine that is working.

You mock the article because it "suggests" but that's responsible phrasing. This is how science works. Would you rather they misrepresent and say "proves"? I swear, some of y'all never learned the scientific method and it shows.
You are wasting your time. No vaccine can end ignorance.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Nothing to be afraid of? LOL, what? Why are you making that terrible and wrong point? Nobody said be afraid. Nobody is fear mongering (except the anti vaxxer I just responded to). The point of the article is to share the success of a vaccine that is working.

You mock the article because it "suggests" but that's responsible phrasing. This is how science works. Would you rather they misrepresent and say "proves"? I swear, some of y'all never learned the scientific method and it shows.

The CDC and mainstream media has lied constantly throughout this entire thing. If you want to trust whatever numbers the government stooges want to feed you then go right ahead.

I would much rather them tell the real truth. But that’s to much to ask. Your last sentence is the typical defense of someone who is guilty of their own insult.

It’s kind of funny. You pretend to be this libertarian, straight down the center person. You are as liberal as some others on here. CDC puts out numbers? Well they have to be taken seriously and respected because of Fauci is the de facto expert that can never be wrong. Question the CDC? Oh well then you are idiot. Yeah the scientific method alright.

You and I often disagree but I just don’t understand the anti vaccine crowd.

I get that the CDC has really screwed the pooch on the handling of this pandemic but legitimate information is out there. And it’s easy to find. People don’t have to fall for lies and/or untrue things.

I’m not afraid of many things . Government propaganda pushed through social media platforms, Main stream Media , big Pharma , state lotteries, all trying to bribe you into getting a vaccine that has little to no data because it’s in its infancy… almost demands that I go the other way until I see more data .

Reactions: GordonC
You and I often disagree but I just don’t understand the anti vaccine crowd.

I get that the CDC has really screwed the pooch on the handling of this pandemic but legitimate information is out there. And it’s easy to find. People don’t have to fall for lies and/or untrue things.

Exactly. A lot of the people who have jumped on the anti vax train for the covid vaccine are doing it just because they don't like/trust Fauci (understandable, I don't either) and won't take the time to do a little bit of research. See post 704.

Reactions: AshG
Exactly. A lot of the people who have jumped on the anti vax train for the covid vaccine are doing it just because they don't like/trust Fauci (understandable, I don't either) and won't take the time to do a little bit of research. See post 704.
It’s somewhat understandable. the CDC hasn’t helped themselves with their behavior. We are talking about the group who lied about masks to begin with saying they were unnecessary because they didn’t want people hoarding the N95s. The reality is the CDC isn’t the only source of information.

And while we’re talking about this ……vaccines don’t cause autism either

What good would any of this research do if the information that they given us just about the origins of the virus are dubious?

They have offered the people nothing but lies and misinformation about the origins of the virus, the effectiveness of masks, the number of people that may/may not have been COVID viictims, etc. Now, we are being gaslighted and called unreasonably cynical of taking an experimental vax. Also, why are these same people pushing for the vax not as eager to push for other remedies or treatments like Ivermectin or HCQ? If a non-vaxed person gets treated with those drugs in the early stages, they can have a great chance of overcoming the illness AND build up the anti-bodies the natural way.

Last edited:
What god would any of this research do if the information that they given us just about the origins of the virus are dubious?

They have offered the people nothing but lies and misinformation about the origins of the virus, the effectiveness of masks, the number of people that may/may not have been COVID viictims, etc. Now, we are being gaslighted and called unreasonably cynical of taking an experimental vax. Also, why are these same people pushing for the vax not as eager to push for other remedies or treatments like Ivermectin or HCQ? If a non-vaxed person gets treated with those drugs in the early stages, they can have a great chance of overcoming the illness AND build up the anti-bodies the natural way.

200w.gif

What good would any of this research do if the information that they given us just about the origins of the virus are dubious?

Absolutely true and everyone should be free to make that decision and go in that direction if that’s what they think they should do.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
No , you can keep them as a reminder of how easily you sell your soul to fear mongering and political control.. sheeple says bahhh 😉
Fear is a good enough reason to get vaccinated. I am old enough to remember how fearful families and individuals were of polio. I also remember how relieved they were when their children (me) were lining up for the first vaccine. There were a few problems with some batches of the vaccine but the disease is now almost unheard of.
Political control? I don't see that.

sf25027_sq-0f6b5b41a3919281ad4df2dd7ad6a3fc10621d55.jpg

Last edited:
Fear is a good enough reason to get vaccinated. I am old enough to remember how fearful families and individuals were of polio. I also remember how relieved they were when their children (me) were lining up for the first vaccine. There were a few problems with some batches of the vaccine but the disease is now almost unheard of.

View attachment 378216

Glad you made it through , I also have a circle scar on my left shoulder . That being said .. the first vaccine took 7 years to develop and even after all that time in development we had the “ Cutter Incident “ . We are at year zero with a vaccine that took what less than a year to push through and the CDC is already acknowledging 700+ deaths from a vaccine that they will tell you straight up that if you take it , you can still get Covid . You’ll have to excise me while I take the …wait , watch , and see approach .

View attachment 378216
Well first off, COVID doesn't compare anywhere near as fatal or dangerous as polio.

Secondly, when the polo vaccine first rolled out, there were several instances of problems and severe reactions to it.

Alton Ochsner - Wikipedia

Ochsner injected his grandchildren with the polio vaccine from Cutter Laboratories, a tragic event which killed his grandson and gave his granddaughter polio.

Reactions: wmcovol
Glad you made it through , I also have a circle scar on my left shoulder . That being said .. the first vaccine took 7 years to develop and even after all that time in development we had the “ Cutter Incident “ . We are at year zero with a vaccine that took what less than a year to push through and the CDC is already acknowledging 700+ deaths from a vaccine that they will tell you straight up that if you take it , you can still get Covid . You’ll have to excise me while I take the …wait , watch , and see approach .
I'm not going to condemn or fault anyone for choosing to take a pass on the vaccine. I would like to see nearly everyone get vaccinated but that was never realistic.

You're free to make the decision you think is best for you in regards to the vaccine. Not getting it because you are young and healthy or because you've already had covid is understandable. The point I was trying to make is that not getting the vaccine just because one doesn't like Fauci or the CDC (both understandable at this point) or because you instantly buy into every vaccine rumor on the internet is a narrow and flawed way of making the decision imo. You're more than welcome to disagree with me on that. Just how I see it.

Last edited:

I don't understand why people can't understand this simple concept. Why is having a "wait and see" attitude such a bad idea, given the circumstances?

I'm not going to condemn or fault anyone for choosing to take a pass on the vaccine. I would like to see nearly everyone get vaccinated but that was never realistic.

Believe it or not I feel the same way . I probably want more people to take it than most people do . I just don’t want it forced on me if I have questions about side effects and deaths from taking an unknown substance just because some government agencies say .. “ meh it will be fine , here’s your free hamburger for letting us jab u “ . You can call me cynical if you want , I’m good with that .

Reactions: LouderVol
You're free to make the decision you think is best for you in regards to the vaccine. Not getting it because you are young and healthy or because you've already had covid is understandable. The point I was trying to make is that not getting the vaccine just because one doesn't like Fauci or the CDC, both understandable at this point, is a narrow and flawed way of making the decision imo. You're more than welcome to disagree with me on that. Just how I see it.
I think the majority of the people have been clear about their reasons for being hesitant. The most common reason given is the amount of time taken to rush the vax out without a full series of tests over many years. That is the main reason. The Fauci flip-flopping or lack of credibility of the CDC is just sprinkles on top of the sundae.

Why can't people have a "wait and see' attitude without being called unreasonable?

VN Store

Back