Horrible umping

1. Why even have replay?

2. Pavalony is just not a very good defensive catcher, unfortunately. He has an inaccurate and weak arm that no runner respects. Additionally, on the above play, he can't sit back and let the runner meet him at the plate. After making that catch, he needs set up further up the line and lower with the tag. Ferguson's throw had that runner dead to rights, but Pav allowed that play to be closer than it needed to be and it cost his team a run.

1. Why even have replay?

2. Pavalony is just not a very good defensive catcher, unfortunately. He has an inaccurate and weak arm that no runner respects. Additionally, on the above play, he can't sit back and let the runner meet him at the plate. After making that catch come further up the line and lower with the tag. Ferguson's throw had that runner dead to rights, but Pav allowed that play to be closer than it needed to be and it cost his team a run.
The point I made to my friend at work, when the throw beats the runner that bad, the play at the plate should not be that close.

1. Why even have replay?

2. Pavalony is just not a very good defensive catcher, unfortunately. He has an inaccurate and weak arm that no runner respects. Additionally, on the above play, he can't sit back and let the runner meet him at the plate. After making that catch, he needs set up further up the line and lower with the tag. Ferguson's throw had that runner dead to rights, but Pav allowed that play to be closer than it needed to be and it cost his team a run.

I actually thought he blocked the plate well with his feet. I am not sure of the current blocking rules these days. I know MLB had some controversial ones a few years ago.

I actually thought he blocked the plate well with his feet. I am not sure of the current blocking rules these days. I know MLB had some controversial ones a few years ago.
I don't mean to block the plate. I mean come up the line to meet the runner. Don't wait for him to come to you, especially on a throw that had the runner beat that badly. He didn't need to block the plate. He could have almost come to the runner as he started his slide instead of waiting for the slide to come meet him right in front of the plate. Much closer play than the throw and catch really dictated.

that run would not have changed the outcome of the game. Good pitching beats good hitting most of the time. Texas had the lowest ERA in college baseball. Our pitching was not "on" today.

that run would not have changed the outcome of the game. Good pitching beats good hitting most of the time. Texas had the lowest ERA in college baseball. Our pitching was not "on" today.
Dude. Seriously? Not only was it one run, it was out 3 and they brought in another run that same inning. 6-4 is nowhere near the same game as 5-4. You play everything differently. Huge difference.

The umping was really really inconsistent. Unacceptable on this big a stage. Also, like the announcers were saying, the stupid umps need to hide. They made this whole game about them.

Not surprisingly, it was like the ump WANTED to be able to call safe. So he did. The general "rule" has always been if you're beat by a step or more, you're just out. Not.....ohhhhhh, i think his foot pushed the catcher's out of the way just before the tag was applied. SAAAAAAAAFFFFFEEEEEE!

Sit down, ump. You missed a good game.

Reactions: Orange Raid

VN Store

Back