Lady Vols Softball

If Ally is leaving (which could be boyfriend related) we are almost in full rebuild mode. We need to quit worrying what a player looks like and worry about performance. There were a number of thin players this year beyond looking athletic.

You still have CF, RF, 1st, SS back....you get back your original starting 2b back in Thompson......Curran should be healthy to play 3B or Webber....West is also a catcher not just an outfielder

Reactions: volfan__18
You still have CF, RF, 1st, SS back....you get back your original starting 2b back in Thompson......Curran should be healthy to play 3B or Webber....West is also a catcher not just an outfielder
If I am not mistaken we have a 3rd baseman coming in with the Freshman class.

I know it does. My kid played travel ball against the angels and Marty is the head coach….he told Ralph and Karen if they ever mess up one of his kids heads that he won’t give them another
Lair is coming in with a reputation. It’ll be interesting to see who wins this one.

Reactions: Halfman3

gimme a break Thompson hasn’t played an inning in a D1 game. Curran is not the answer at 3rd or Weber who is left handed. The program will be in rebuild mode. And who’s to say shipman will be the only starter to transfer!

gimme a break Thompson hasn’t played an inning in a D1 game. Curran is not the answer at 3rd or Weber who is left handed. The program will be in rebuild mode. And who’s to say shipman will be the only starter to transfer!

Thompson showed some good stuff in the fall if you watched the scrimmages, and was ranked very highly coming out of a well known travel program in California. So yes, she is penciled in as the starting 2b. Webber and Curran can be considered for LF. And the two freshman coming in are expected to battle it out for third

Reactions: Vols4life
Not a chance. She came to Tennessee to win a National Championship. She will go somewhere with that chance. This isn’t about the boyfriend. It’s about winning.

Majority of kids going to Power 5 have that as a goal or should. Not saying that isn't a possibility, but timing and eligibility clock running out she may be looking to life after ball. Her family is in Knoxville so being closer to family can maybe ruled out I would think.

Last edited:
Reactions: volfan__18
A friend of mine from another fan base told me a couple weeks ago they heard a rumor that Shipman and a very important starter were leaving. He said he thought it was far-fetched. Now that the Ally part of that has come true, I hope the other part isn’t. Let’s just say we would be extensively screwed if the other half of that rumor were to leave, too.

Reactions: MadWorld and Majors
A friend of mine from another fan base told me a couple weeks ago they heard a rumor that Shipman and a very important starter were leaving. He said he thought it was far-fetched. Now that the Ally part of that has come true, I hope the other part isn’t. Let’s just say we would be extensively screwed if the other half of that rumor were to leave, too.
ally isn’t a surprise. there’s been a rumor she’s been leaving since the middle of the year.

Reactions: Majors
Ally leaving is a big eye opener because she had favor nation status among players and if a certain pitcher was to leave it will be a looooong season next year.

VN Store

Back