Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

After looking at this, this is one of those calls that either side would be getting the shaft. Im not happy about it but it wasn’t necessarily a terrible call, say this happened in the 5th inning it wouldn’t have been a big deal. But it was a winning run that would be effected by it so they probably were more picky with it.

After looking at this, this is one of those calls that either side would be getting the shaft. Im not happy about it but it wasn’t necessarily a terrible call, say this happened in the 5th inning it wouldn’t have been a big deal. But it was a winning run that would be effected by it so they probably were more picky with it.

If you know anything about baseball you would understand that call should have never been made.

If you know anything about baseball you would understand that call should have never been made.
I’ll admit I know more about football than baseball, but if you look his arm does affect the 2nd baseman while throwing the ball, while it could’ve easily not been called, I feel like if the roles were reversed we would want it called tbh

Reactions: Devo182
I’ll admit I know more about football than baseball, but if you look his arm does affect the 2nd baseman while throwing the ball, while it could’ve easily not been called, I feel like if the roles were reversed we would want it called tbh
Furgy slid straight at the base. To much leeway is given to the defense in this case. I call it a ******** call.

Not in my opinion. I literally said "interference" out loud before the ball got to first base while watching it live.

He slid right at the bag, and threw his arm right into the guys groin who wasn't going to touch him otherwise. It was obvious to me he meant to get in the way. And not for nothing... He did. The fielder fell down trying to lean away from his arm and that caused the throw to be high. It isn't as if the runner was going to easily beat it no matter what.

giphy.gif

I post this with a heavy heart today. My mother-in-law passed away this morning. She was a wonderful person with a heart of gold who lived a long and prosperous life--(96) years. Her body just couldn't go any more . My wife is having a difficult time today but she's a strong person and understands that her mom is in a much better place today. I've heard all the horror stories about mother-in-law's but she was truly a gift in my life. She will definitely be missed. RIP mom.
Prayers

I post this with a heavy heart today. My mother-in-law passed away this morning. She was a wonderful person with a heart of gold who lived a long and prosperous life--(96) years. Her body just couldn't go any more . My wife is having a difficult time today but she's a strong person and understands that her mom is in a much better place today. I've heard all the horror stories about mother-in-law's but she was truly a gift in my life. She will definitely be missed. RIP mom.
Hugs

You can argue back and forth on "intent" all you want. The fact that well intentioned people watching the same video reach totally different conclusions says that what happened was too vague for an umpire to get involved. The rule of thumb in officiating should always be when in doubt, err on the side of a no-call.
Well, yeah-- unless you are playing Alabama and Birmingham makes the final decision.

Here's the clear shot. I just don't see how you can say this is not interference.

Just forget intent for a moment. Was the second basemen in the basepath? No. Did the slide affect the throw? Yes. Comon' you guys lol.

Sorry, but you sound clueless about how baseball is played. You’ve tried every rationale imaginable to make this the right call and none of them make sense.

It sounds like you’re just trying to argue. Or maybe you’re just trolling.

I don't think it's that close. It never should have been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back