Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the fielder is in the field of play, you can absolutely make contact. I didn't see the play in question, but was it an obvious nut punch, or could it be argued as incidental contact?
Not in my opinion. I literally said "interference" out loud before the ball got to first base while watching it live.

He slid right at the bag, and threw his arm right into the guys groin who wasn't going to touch him otherwise. It was obvious to me he meant to get in the way. And not for nothing... He did. The fielder fell down trying to lean away from his arm and that caused the throw to be high. It isn't as if the runner was going to easily beat it no matter what.

Not in my opinion. I literally said "interference" out loud before the ball got to first base while watching it live.

He slid right at the bag, and threw his arm right into the guys groin who wasn't going to touch him otherwise. It was obvious to me he meant to get in the way. And not for nothing... He did. The fielder fell down trying to lean away from his arm and that caused the throw to be high. It isn't as if the runner was going to easily beat it no matter what.
If the fielder is in the baseline, you're allowed to get in his way. Players slide to break up double plays all the time. It's allowed.

So, in you guys opinion, if you slide at the bag, you can punch the fielder in the bag? You guys have convinced yourself that is within the rules?
Completely just reacted to the fielder. His hand went up so he could protect his face in case the back leg rotated around. The fielder could have made that play without coming straight towards the runner. No way was that intentional by the runner. If he was being intentional, he wouldn’t have gone straight at the bag, or popped up when he slid.

Completely just reacted to the fielder. His hand went up so he could protect his face in case the back leg rotated around. The fielder could have made that play without coming straight towards the runner. No way was that intentional by the runner. If he was being intentional, he wouldn’t have gone straight at the bag, or popped up when he slid.
Who braces to get hit with a straight arm completely off to the side?

And quite a few people like myself see him raising his arm to shield himself from getting hit in the face by 2B leg. And arm hits that leg, not his sack.

If the fielder is in the baseline, you're allowed to get in his way. Players slide to break up double plays all the time. It's allowed.
The fielder wasn't in the baseline. The runner slid in the baseline but his arm was outside the baseline when he hit the fielder.

And quite a few people like myself see him raising his arm to shield himself from getting hit in the face by 2B leg. And arm hits that leg, not his sack.
Has anyone posted the video yet? I swear some of you guys are just talking and haven't seen it. His arm was straight out lol. How is that a shield?

I was being dead serious about this whole bailing from the SEC thing. Just go to the ACC.. is there really much difference in playing NC State, Ga Tech, Louisville, Wake Forest than it is Kentucky, Mizzou, SC, Vandy? We’d replace UGA/UF with 2 of FSU/Miami/UNC and basically swap Bama for Clemson. We can pull top 25 classes off of name alone and losing the SEC brand won’t effect that.

I was being dead serious about this whole bailing from the SEC thing. Just go to the ACC.. is there really much difference in playing NC State, Ga Tech, Louisville, Wake Forest than it is Kentucky, Mizzou, SC, Vandy? We’d replace UGA/UF with 2 of FSU/Miami/UNC and basically swap Bama for Clemson. We can pull top 25 classes off of name alone and losing the SEC brand won’t effect that.
I really don’t agree with your last sentence.. every recruit we are ever in on always mentions us being in the SEC as something that stands out to them.

Per section “b” of this rule the base runner can perform a “pop-up” slide. The rule doesn’t state anything about an arm making contact with the fielder on a legal slide. Nothing about his slide was illegal. If I’m Tony V I’m fighting for an over ruling.
I don't think you can punch the fielder or hot him with your arm/hand in a legal slide. I don't know baseball rules very well, but I just don't think that's legal. The slide was perfectly legal, but punching his thigh hard enough to throw him off balance just seems like it wouldn't be legal.

So I just saw a commercial for LeBron's Space Jam. It looks horrible. And why is he copying the GOAT. Find your own thing, LeBron. You're not and never will be, never could be his royal Airness, Michael Jordan.
Pretty sure they approached him to make the movie and offered him a dump truck of moneym

If the fielder is in the field of play, you can absolutely make contact. I didn't see the play in question, but was it an obvious nut punch, or could it be argued as incidental contact?
It was pretty obvious. I don't think you cannot contact the fielder above the knee regardless. If it had been incidental, I doubt they'd call it. But he punched him hard enough to knock him off balance, and it looked pretty intentional to me.

I really don’t agree with your last sentence.. every recruit we are ever in on always mentions us being in the SEC as something that stands out to them.
figure of speech. All the time, kids (highly ranked ones) pick schools like FSU, Miami, UNC, ND, etc over Auburn, UF, LSU, even UGA at times. If “we’re in the SEC” is considered a major selling point for your school then your school must not be very good to begin with

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back