Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember.. Smoltz, Glavin and Maddux. What a team that was.

The amazing part is they only had, what, one WS Championship to show for that gauntlet of pitchers they had. Criminal in my opinion yo waste that much talent. All Braves fans are complicit and should be caned.

The amazing part is they only had, what, one WS Championship to show for that gauntlet of pitchers they had. Criminal in my opinion yo waste that much talent. All Braves fans are complicit and should be caned.
I’m ok with that as a Twins fan who enjoyed the best World Series of all time in 1991 thoroughly.

Reactions: drvenner
Voltello living rent free in Van Horn's head.

Just win. Go to the CWS. Anything can happen then. Wait until that's over to see where they finish in the rankings if they don't win it all.

We can talk cutters versus back ups or whatever. It's all about the finger placement and pressure on the ball combined with the pitcher's release point/arm angle for two seamers.

Voltello living rent free in Van Horn's head.

Just win. Go to the CWS. Anything can happen then. Wait until that's over to see where they finish in the rankings if they don't win it all.

We can talk cutters versus back ups or whatever. It's all about the finger placement and pressure on the ball combined with the pitcher's release point/arm angle for two seamers.
Huh? Did DVH say something in his post game presser? The two dudes worked together for four years. Vitello approached DVH. I think it was more Vitello just manufacturing some bad blood for the anticipated rematch.

@Catbone - Can I borrow $100?

14e63013a2e3797552349d0a9a22f4ee--borrow-money-minion.jpg

How does the SEC tournament work? I'm a baseball virgin.
If they havent changed it from in the past its kinda weird. Top 4 seeds get a bye into double elim, everyone else has to win one. Then it goes to 3 rounds of double elimination. Then at the semis it goes back to single elim. By the end of the tourney coaches are usually throwing freshman nobody has heard of all year.

If they havent changed it from in the past its kinda weird. Top 4 seeds get a bye into double elim, everyone else has to win one. Then it goes to 3 rounds of double elimination. Then at the semis it goes back to single elim. By the end of the tourney coaches are usually throwing freshman nobody has heard of all year.
Sounds reallllly NCAA like.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Huh? Did DVH say something in his post game presser? The two dudes worked together for four years. Vitello approached DVH. I think it was more Vitello just manufacturing some bad blood for the anticipated rematch.

Which is living in Van Horn's head. Watch Van Horn immediately after the game on the field. His team just won the series with some gutty hitting/running/pitching. Why is he angry and going at it with TV? Why are they meeting after the game with no handshake afterwards? Arky/Van Horn should be just enjoying the win and treating us like we are just another team. Instead...

It is rumored that Vitello is upset about how Arkansas is/has recruited someone that UT has recruited or committed. Sure, maybe not the time and place, but whatever. People calling it a bad look, and I think that’s a stretch.

It is rumored that Vitello is upset about how Arkansas is/has recruited someone that UT has recruited or committed. Sure, maybe not the time and place, but whatever. People calling it a bad look, and I think that’s a stretch.
May be a bad look but the better look is a UT coach not backing down and sticking up for what's best for UT. Looking forward to Heupel doing th same in the fall and not sucking up to the Sabans of the world.

No way it’s a bad look. They handled it face to face on the field. Not some BS cryptic Twitter war. They didn’t involve the media…just said what had to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back