Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a number of things with CTV, and the pot just boiled over after a disappointing loss. Arky players were pissed about the way Ferguson celebrated after his walk-off HR, which was in response to Franklin's earlier celebration. The Hogs were getting the calls to end the game, and it got chippy. Hog fans made fun of the stadium all weekend and there were complaints about the facilities. DVH continued to beat this drum in his presser, claiming they had no hot water.

I like the Hogs a little less every time we play them.

Baseball players should celebrate however they want.

This whole unwritten rule and showing people up stuff just stifles the fun in the game. It needs energy and on-field drama. Less gamesmanship, more bat flips and Cerrano. Interest in the game would double instantly.

View attachment 368599
I miss managers going after the umps as well

Voltello living rent free in Van Horn's head.

Just win. Go to the CWS. Anything can happen then. Wait until that's over to see where they finish in the rankings if they don't win it all.

We can talk cutters versus back ups or whatever. It's all about the finger placement and pressure on the ball combined with the pitcher's release point/arm angle for two seamers.
Which side of the argument do you think Vitello took? Tastes great or less filling?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I wish more of our coaches would speak up. If anything, UT has been go-along-to-get-along for much too long. DVH was rubbing it in at the end and I hope Tony V gave as good as he got. And if the team can channel that anger to pound their way through the postseason, all the better. Winning takes attitude and passion, and I'm glad the BaseVols have some.

I wish more of our coaches would speak up. If anything, UT has been go-along-to-get-along for much too long. DVH was rubbing it in at the end and I hope Tony V gave as good as he got. And if the team can channel that anger to pound their way through the postseason, all the better. Winning takes attitude and passion, and I'm glad the BaseVols have some.

Agreed, one thing the basketball team has been missing since Admiral left. Barnes as a coach is only going to do so much, gotta have some one with a bit of emotion on the court. Keon was just getting comfortable in that as the season ended.

It was Bobby Cox's fault. Braves had the talent, but Bobby's management in the post season was not the greatest.
Nope, I blame everything on Glavine, one of the most over-rated pitchers of all time. Dude could not keep his mouth closed during the strike, either.

Agreed, one thing the basketball team has been missing since Admiral left. Barnes as a coach is only going to do so much, gotta have some one with a bit of emotion on the court. Keon was just getting comfortable in that as the season ended.

Man I loved watching Admiral. Admiral and Jennings were some bright spots through some times when there weren't very many bright spots. Those guys define bleeding orange.

It is rumored that Vitello is upset about how Arkansas is/has recruited someone that UT has recruited or committed. Sure, maybe not the time and place, but whatever. People calling it a bad look, and I think that’s a stretch.
Ah didnt know any of that. Thanks!

Which is living in Van Horn's head. Watch Van Horn immediately after the game on the field. His team just won the series with some gutty hitting/running/pitching. Why is he angry and going at it with TV? Why are they meeting after the game with no handshake afterwards? Arky/Van Horn should be just enjoying the win and treating us like we are just another team. Instead...
Eh, the guys know each other really well. Probably just a little too comfortable with sharing whatever’s on their mind to one another. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It was Bobby Cox's fault. Braves had the talent, but Bobby's management in the post season was not the greatest.
Even though you are correct, how dare you speak that way of our lord and savior Bobby Cox...

CelebratedWellinformedBear-max-1mb.gif

Nope, I blame everything on Glavine, one of the most over-rated pitchers of all time. Dude could not keep his mouth closed during the strike, either.
Meh. My only real beef with Glavine is when he went to the Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back