‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

You still believe he will be out in 3 years? Based on what a couple of here stated?
Closer to three than 7.
Time will tell.
He comes into a situation where he is more likely to fail than succeed.
I sincerely hope his term is long and he leads UT to greatness, however he has not been dealt a very good hand and the deck is stacked against him.. A lot of fans are cautious about being heartbroken again. I will remain in that group until I see real progress which I know will be slow coming. Probably too slow for him to remain employed.

Tayven has 34 offers with 29 of those from Power 5 teams. He does not yet have an offer from the 4 teams you listed, but its still a damn impressive listing of schools. BTW, Clemson, OSU and OU have not offered the #1 dual threat QB either (Stockton).
In fairness, Stockton has been committed for about a year and shut down his recruitment. First he was committed to South Carolina, then Muschamp was fired and he switched to UGA who was originally his second choice.

Don’t forget Danny Whites role and his relationship with Heupel. Heupel will be getting at least two additional years beyond 3 based on the program status today and the pending NCAA violations actually give Heupel more time. I believe (maybe) his contract was written to account for giving him extra years in lieu of this.
I certainly hope you are right, of course Ole Miss made similar promises to Matt Luke. Barring some major off the field scandal, Heupel needs 5 years at a minimum in my opinion. He won't be on the same footing in recruiting that Pruitt and Butch were on the day they took the job until at least year 3.

New Coach does not and will not have time.
He will be long gone from Knoxville before young Manning ends his college career.
To recruit Manning? Sure he does. When he was at UCF he knew he had no chance, so the other programs have a head start. Now that he is at UT, he can at least give Manning something to think about, but he needs time to build the personal relationship with him.

I think he will go to Ole Miss, personally.

Closer to three than 7.
Time will tell.
He comes into a situation where he is more likely to fail than succeed.
I sincerely hope his term is long and he leads UT to greatness, however he has not been dealt a very good hand and the deck is stacked against him.. A lot of fans are cautious about being heartbroken again. I will remain in that group until I see real progress which I know will be slow coming. Probably too slow for him to remain employed.

The issue I have with this line of thought is that if it were to happen the way you've explained, then essentially you're saying we'll never be in a position to break this constant coaching carousel, and we'll continue to hire a new coach/AD every 3-4 years. But in that equation nothing changes, and we're stuck on repeat.

I believe that we've made the necessary changes in this line of thinking to break this cycle by committing to AD Danny White and CJH for the duration of the current contracts at very least. I just don't see a coaching change in the cards for the foreseeable future. I think if CJH fails here, we won't cut him loose until he has one year or less remaining on his current contract. Essentially the reality may in fact be that we're going 'all in' with this administration to get us back to relevance. I'm hoping this time we finally see a rise back to prominence.

The only caveat I'd make to this is to say, if CJH had a couple seasons like Butch did with Dobbs (on the cusp of winning the east) and then decided that he wasn't cut out for the SEC (again, see Butch's rumors of looking to capalize on his success and bounce to a less stressful job), then I could see a coaching change coming within 4 years - but I'd argue (just as if Butch would've done so before the wheels came off) that if that were to happen then we'd be on a more stable footing in regards to being an attractive destination spot for a new coach to build upon.

You get minus one for using the "t" in front of OSU. You get minus 2 for making a dumb post. You can just go ahead and keep sleeping. We good.
You got me on the "t", sheer stupidity.
I am not a coach worshiping jock sniffer.
It is not dumb to think that until we can recruit against the big boys we will not win anything of importance.
Please excuse me now, I have been mowing all morning and it is time for my PeePaw nap.

Reactions: drvenner
It is not dumb to think that until we can recruit against the big boys we will not win anything of importance.
Please excuse me now, I have been mowing all morning and it is time for my PeePaw nap.
OK, peepaw.

FYI, the only jock I sniff is my own. Do hope we do start getting some kids that want to go to those schools.

Maybe go in for a T shot.

I don’t get the infatuation with Arch from Tennessee fans. He was likely never coming here. The multiple coaches and turmoil assures that. Archie and Eli lobbied and signed off on Kiffin hire for Ole Miss.

I think it’s likely Arch goes to play for Lane if Ole Miss is slowly building and improving each year.

The only surprise SEC school I could see him doing is LSU.

Ole Miss and Tennessee are two schools he may not need to set up visits for seeing as he has some close family members that have buildings and streets named after them.

Kiffin just needs to keep posting monster offenses and build the offense to where Arch can walk into it day 1.
Manning didn’t necessarily have much into decision making with this last coaching hire.

Archie and Eli had input on Kiffin hire.

I don’t get the infatuation with Arch from Tennessee fans. He was likely never coming here. The multiple coaches and turmoil assures that. Archie and Eli lobbied and signed off on Kiffin hire for Ole Miss.

I think it’s likely Arch goes to play for Lane if Ole Miss is slowly building and improving each year.

Infatuation should be obvious but the expectation of those thinking we will be the destination is where people get ahead of themselves. I just don’t think they will put Arch under the Peyton shadow and expectations. They will send him to the best pro style offense available to fit his skill set. They will be diligent.

Kiffin/Ole Miss makes most sense but I think there is some concern about Kiffin long term there. He already was flirting with Auburn and trying to get TN attention. This recruitment probably will go a long way in deciding if he is there for awhile or jumps ship.

I’d watch for Sark and TX sneaking into this. He runs the ideal pro style/spread mix.

LSU will depend on if they can trust who is running the offense at the time. Would have been a near lock under Joe Brady but they won’t tie themselves to Coach O without a proven guy running the offense.

I wonder how much longer Cutcliffe plans to coach. He is the guy they trust the most to develop a QB for pro game. Cant count him out if he plans to be around.

Reactions: Smokeytom

The only reason many Vol fans are enamored with Arch is he last name.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18

Exactly. Shut down the thread. Not coming here.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back