‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

No doubt our struggles have in one way or another helped their recruiting. Same for UGA especially.

I'd go as far to say

The Vols struggling has indirectly helped Bammer too.

We gotta take some responsibility for college football lacking parity right now.

Teams like us, FSU, Miami and Texas not having their ish together.

I agree. It’s kind of funny the teams you listed there, with maybe the the exception of Texas. All of those teams, us included, along with the Gators and Nebraska would’ve been the teams everyone was tired of hearing about making the CFP if it had existed in the mid to late 90’s. We were in the same Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, conversation 20+ years ago . Shows how all of this goes in cycles.

We’re not going to be in on many of the top recruits until/unless we get things rolling. If heupel goes out and implements a system that starts regularly putting up 50+ points within a couple of years kids like manning will start looking at us. In the meantime we’re going to be working to land kids like salter, Bailey, and the new qb commit we just got. Amd for the record...any of those 3 could turn out better than any of the 5 stars of the last couple of cycles. Look at the recent draft. TL and JF were 5 stars but TL (Trey Lance LOL), MJ, amd ZW were all lowly ranked recruits. That means more first rounders were ranked 3 star or less than the 5 star qb prospects.

Reactions: VolByLaw
We need a dual threat qb anyway. It would be great to have another Manning, but that's not happening.
You obviously haven't seen Arch Manning play. He is very much a dual threat - FAR more like his grandfather Archie than his uncles Peyton or Eli.

You obviously haven't seen Arch Manning play. He is very much a dual threat - FAR more like his grandfather Archie than his uncles Peyton or Eli.
All these top guys look like they can run against HS competition. When they face a d-line where everyone is 6'6 300 lbs but still run sub 5 40s you find out who can really run.

Not saying this is going to happen, but watch out for UVA. On the surface it appears crazy, but if you dig deeper there are a lot of strong reasons (which I might add are no different than why people think he should go to UT).

Mom and Aunt went to UVA
Cooper hosted the NOLA UVA holiday party (whatever that was)
A ton of Newman's grads have gone to UVA, rich kids looking to a rich kid university
Peyton's wife graduated from UVA
Rumor has it (no proof however) that Arch's sister will be attending UVA

Just something to consider...

Not saying this is going to happen, but watch out for UVA. On the surface it appears crazy, but if you dig deeper there are a lot of strong reasons (which I might add are no different than why people think he should go to UT).

Mom and Aunt went to UVA
A ton of Newman's grads have gone to UVA, rich kids looking to a rich kid university

Lemme see....
play for Bronco Mendenhall who is below .500 at UVA
or
play for Nick Saban who has lost about 15 games in the last decade.

Tough choice. 🙄

Mom and Aunt went to UVA

Sounds plausible. The kid might want to get away from the SEC spotlight and create his own legacy. You can bet the big picture is the NFL money.

i haven't looked at his "list", but i'm going to go waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy out on a limb and say he's probably a kiffy kid. ole miss ftw.

Y’all think Fulmer is going to boost his relationship with the Mannings and push lil Arch to CLK?

The guy is gonna go to whoever is or has the best QB coach and that very well may be CLK.

As long as its not Bama or UGA...I wish he was interested in us but who can blame him considering all the crap that's gone on for the past 15 years...If I were him I would go out west to say USC and make his own legacy like Peyton did....Wishful thinking honestly....The thought of him in a Bama or UGA uniform makes me ill.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back