‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

My boss is a clemson booster and is claiming Manning is probably going there. Wouldn’t doubt it but idk how much they know

More than anyone else, Clemson has stepped into the power vacuum our collapse created. They are sitting at our seat at the table.
Maybe, but that has more to do with how bad we are. It's not like if Clemson sucked that Trevor Lawrence, Amari Rodgers and Travis Etienne would have come to Tennessee. They just would have selected Alabama or Georgia or some other team that didn't suck. If we are rolling like we were in the 90's those guys would have come here, regardless of what Clemson is doing. We need to fix our own house, not worry about Clemson's.

Reactions: rjd970
Maybe, but that has more to do with how bad we are. It's not like if Clemson sucked that Trevor Lawrence, Amari Rodgers and Travis Etienne would have come to Tennessee. They just would have selected Alabama or Georgia or some other team that didn't suck. If we are rolling like we were in the 90's those guys would have come here, regardless of what Clemson is doing. We need to fix our own house, not worry about Clemson's.
The strength of other programs matters to building ours. Our rise in the 90's didn't happen in a vacuum. It coincided with Georgia declining after Dooley retired in 88 and Ford's departure and an NCAA investigation of Clemson in 89. Winning recruiting battles in GA and the Carolinas for elite players became easier with both of those developments, we need those kind of things to happen to help us return. A weakened Clemson would be a great start.

Last edited:
Why, cause we suck? Tired of this garbage, I don't know why any player ever came to play for Majors back in the day when we sucked. Not sure why anyone would have ever made that first step to be a program changer with that mindset.

FTR, I don't expect him to come here for other reasons, but to hear fans saying I don't blame him fires me up. Go pick Clempson as your team and have fun.

No not because of us. Because of his last name.

Reactions: UTMVol76
I think we will get our fair share of visits and he will listen to us but I don’t think he’s coming here. He will be respectful to all schools no matter what I’m sure.

LSU will have a new coach by the time he goes to college

Doubtful, even if they did poorly, the buyout doesn't support switching coaches as the financial condition of the school is not great. IF I were to guess, this year's team will be somewhat like 2018... missing a piece or two but very solid team. If Johnson/Brennan (Finley is out) can make another step top 5-10, if not 10-20. Defense should be improved, they have the personnel, imo.

Comes down to QB play, Johnson/Brennan are solid but you need more than solid to be top 10 at the end of the year while playing in the SEC.

A Manning is mostly likely not going to LSU either way.

If CJH can somehow pull out a 10-win season in the next two years I think it would get the ball rolling again. With the facilities, support, and resources, there is probably a lot of talent just looking for an excuse for optimism and reason to come here.

Something about a Manning going to Bama just doesn’t feel right. It probably won’t happen.

Going to UGA would suck.

VN Store

Back