‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Infatuation should be obvious but the expectation of those thinking we will be the destination is where people get ahead of themselves. I just don’t think they will put Arch under the Peyton shadow and expectations. They will send him to the best pro style offense available to fit his skill set. They will be diligent.

Kiffin/Ole Miss makes most sense but I think there is some concern about Kiffin long term there. He already was flirting with Auburn and trying to get TN attention. This recruitment probably will go a long way in deciding if he is there for awhile or jumps ship.

I’d watch for Sark and TX sneaking into this. He runs the ideal pro style/spread mix.

LSU will depend on if they can trust who is running the offense at the time. Would have been a near lock under Joe Brady but they won’t tie themselves to Coach O without a proven guy running the offense.

I wonder how much longer Cutcliffe plans to coach. He is the guy they trust the most to develop a QB for pro game. Cant count him out if he plans to be around.
My money is on Texas. If SEC it’s probably Ole Miss or LSU. With Heupel at the helm, I’m not too concerned about QB. Of course, said that with Pruitt concerning DBs! But, Heupel’s already got a good QB committed in Jackson. Amazingly, Pruitt couldn’t even get a top DB to commit.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Can't see any big name recruits coming here until this NCAA stuff of over and Peyton is probably one of the reasons we are not considered. The expectations for him at TN would be over the top unrealistic and unattainable. Why go thru that.
He's a Manning, his expectations are crazy high regardless of where he goes.

Infatuation should be obvious but the expectation of those thinking we will be the destination is where people get ahead of themselves. I just don’t think they will put Arch under the Peyton shadow and expectations. They will send him to the best pro style offense available to fit his skill set. They will be diligent.

Kiffin/Ole Miss makes most sense but I think there is some concern about Kiffin long term there. He already was flirting with Auburn and trying to get TN attention. This recruitment probably will go a long way in deciding if he is there for awhile or jumps ship.

I’d watch for Sark and TX sneaking into this. He runs the ideal pro style/spread mix.

LSU will depend on if they can trust who is running the offense at the time. Would have been a near lock under Joe Brady but they won’t tie themselves to Coach O without a proven guy running the offense.

I wonder how much longer Cutcliffe plans to coach. He is the guy they trust the most to develop a QB for pro game. Cant count him out if he plans to be around.

Yes. I feel Arch likely goes Ole Miss if Kiffin has an offense built and rolling that he can simply step into. I could also see him going LSU if things are rolling down there. While NFL prospects are top priority, i just don’t see the kid leaving SEC country.

Yes, I think they will be looking for a QB coach like Cutcliffe they can trust, and the QB coach will have to be at a school with head coach stability. That doesn't really give you lots of options the way head coaches get fired and leave plus QB coaches leave for HC positions.

Is it true Peyton would’ve gone to ole miss if not for their sanctions? I always thought Peyton was going wherever Cutcliffe was.

Cooper did go to Ole Miss but was injured by the time Peyton graduated high school. Lots of people think he would have gone to Oxford had his brother still been playing.
Has he ever said anything to make people say that, or are people just assuming the way they usually do? Not that it matters.

VN Store

Back