‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

In your defense, I didn’t remember the book of manning stuff either. But i will take Swanson’s word for it
Swanson is correct. In The Book of Manning, Peyton said that if Cooper had still been playing, then he probably would have gone to Ole Miss to be able to play with Cooper again.

Last edited:
"Meanwhile, the other legacy school in the mix, Tennessee, might be an even longer shot. The Volunteers are on their fourth coach in the past decade and are coming off their third losing season in the past four years. And Cutcliffe, the tie that originally bound the Mannings to Knoxville, is now the head coach at Duke."
“If the Mannings have shown you anything, it’s that the leadership means as much as anything to them,” said Jacob Hester, a former LSU running back who works alongside Hebert in the radio booth. “With the Mannings, I think it’s more about where the leadership and the program are at the time and not necessarily family ties to a school.”

"June is a big month in Manning’s recruitment. The longest recruiting dead period in college football history ends on June 1, and the Mannings plan to use the month to tour several of the schools on Arch’s list for unofficial visits. The plan is to visit Clemson during the first week of June, then hit SMU and Texas on the following weekend. Visits to Alabama and Georgia will follow on the final two weekends of the month. Trips to Notre Dame and Ohio State in the Midwest and Stanford and USC out West are on the wish list. The family would also like to visit Virginia, North Carolina, Duke and Tennessee if possible."

The Athletic 6/1/21

"Meanwhile, the other legacy school in the mix, Tennessee, might be an even longer shot. The Volunteers are on their fourth coach in the past decade and are coming off their third losing season in the past four years. And Cutcliffe, the tie that originally bound the Mannings to Knoxville, is now the head coach at Duke."
“If the Mannings have shown you anything, it’s that the leadership means as much as anything to them,” said Jacob Hester, a former LSU running back who works alongside Hebert in the radio booth. “With the Mannings, I think it’s more about where the leadership and the program are at the time and not necessarily family ties to a school.”

"June is a big month in Manning’s recruitment. The longest recruiting dead period in college football history ends on June 1, and the Mannings plan to use the month to tour several of the schools on Arch’s list for unofficial visits. The plan is to visit Clemson during the first week of June, then hit SMU and Texas on the following weekend. Visits to Alabama and Georgia will follow on the final two weekends of the month. Trips to Notre Dame and Ohio State in the Midwest and Stanford and USC out West are on the wish list. The family would also like to visit Virginia, North Carolina, Duke and Tennessee if possible."

The Athletic 6/1/21
tenor (4).gif

JH is a heisman guy. National Championship winner who earned his chops and worked his way to Tennessee. His guys trust him. His AD trusts him and he’s had nothing but rave reviews about him. Nobody said JH beat up his old head coach. I think we have a shot. When we get out there and surprise folks this year i think it’ll pique the interest of the manning clan.

JH is a heisman guy. National Championship winner who earned his chops and worked his way to Tennessee. His guys trust him. His AD trusts him and he’s had nothing but rave reviews about him. Nobody said JH beat up his old head coach. I think we have a shot. When we get out there and surprise folks this year i think it’ll pique the interest of the manning clan.

Like the optimism but I just don’t see it.

Reactions: Bubbs

Tennessee would have to put up video game numbers to get guys like Manning truly interested.

Reactions: Bubbs and VolByLaw
Considering the staff is prioritizing the 5 star QB from Detroit over Arch I’d bet on him not being at UT. Why chase after a QB that’s being chased by schools all over the country when your DCs old HS that he has pulled tons of kids from before has a QB just as good and probably fits the offense better?

Considering the staff is prioritizing the 5 star QB from Detroit over Arch I’d bet on him not being at UT. Why chase after a QB that’s being chased by schools all over the country when your DCs old HS that he has pulled tons of kids from before has a QB just as good and probably fits the offense better?

Because of his last name. People see Manning and automatically think TN.

Who are you referring to?

I don’t know about all that, but I do know there’s no such thing as ONLY ONE QB. You land one or you land another that can run your offense. Of the “must have” QBs from the last 5 years...Tua, Lawrence, Fields...? One championship. Maybe Arch hoists the trophy 1-3 times during his time at his final choice...maybe he matches the college titles won by his forebears in the family.

Is he a potential catalyst for a program on the way up? I hope he doesn't end up at Bama or with Lane at Ole Miss.

Big story over the weekend, Dabo offered him a slot at purple and orange. He's going somewhere that he'll be guaranteed success, not likely to get injured, where he can learn something. Seeing as how none of the Mannings ever showed much interest in attending Bama I'd be surprised if he went there. If I were a betting man my money would be on Ole Miss, LSU, and Clemson to win, place, and show.

We need a dual threat qb anyway. It would be great to have another Manning, but that's not happening.

We really don't have to have one. Long as he's not a state. Heupel has even said numerous times he wouldn't sacrifice passing for more mobility.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
New Coach does not and will not have time.
He will be long gone from Knoxville before young Manning ends his college career.

This couldn't be any more wrong. There's a reason Heupel was given a 6 year contract. Will sanctions looming he is going to get plenty of time.

VN Store

Back