‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Wake me when the Vols sign a QB that bama, clemson, tOSU or OK wants.
Tayven has 34 offers with 29 of those from Power 5 teams. He does not yet have an offer from the 4 teams you listed, but its still a damn impressive listing of schools. BTW, Clemson, OSU and OU have not offered the #1 dual threat QB either (Stockton).

All these top guys look like they can run against HS competition. When they face a d-line where everyone is 6'6 300 lbs but still run sub 5 40s you find out who can really run.

Yep, Peyton look pretty agile as a runner in HS highlights..

Reactions: imw8n4u
Tayven has 34 offers with 29 of those from Power 5 teams. He does not yet have an offer from the 4 teams you listed, but its still a damn impressive listing of schools. BTW, Clemson, OSU and OU have not offered the #1 dual threat QB either (Stockton).
It is a long time till December.
Did all 34 teams stop recruiting Tayven??
Did the young man shut down his recruitment or is he taking officials??
Has he been to the cabin yet??
Is there a chance to be outbid??

The old truism "To be the best, you got to beat the best" is very applicable to recruiting.

We have different personnel in the decision making process. That makes the past history irrelevant and a non-factor when predicting Heupel’s future here.
True all you said. Let us go with saying New Coach will never be able to recruit the level of talent to be competitive in the SEC. Nobody is saying he is setting the woods on fire. Pending NCAA action will prevent the type players needed from even considering the Vols. An empty stadium and declining donations will force yet another change by year 3 or 4.

We are not even good enough to make the list of schools that Arch Manning will be visiting....I would have thought we could at least be a school he considered given the legacy
There is ZERO chance Arch ends up at Ole Miss or Tn regardless who the coaches are or how good either program is when he graduates HS. You can take this prediction to your bank and vault it.

Per the reruiting forum, he is already a double secret silent commit to Uncle Peytie Pie
Peyton wants the best for his nephew, I'm sure. It would be best for Arch to not go to a school with NCAA post season sanctions, fines, scholarship losses, and recruiting visit losses.

Whatever school Arch chooses, it won't be a school freshly on the wrong side of an NCAA investigation.

True all you said. Let us go with saying New Coach will never be able to recruit the level of talent to be competitive in the SEC. Nobody is saying he is setting the woods on fire. Pending NCAA action will prevent the type players needed from even considering the Vols. An empty stadium and declining donations will force yet another change by year 3 or 4.
Don’t forget Danny Whites role and his relationship with Heupel. Heupel will be getting at least two additional years beyond 3 based on the program status today and the pending NCAA violations actually give Heupel more time. I believe (maybe) his contract was written to account for giving him extra years in lieu of this.

I'm betting the buyout for Heupel makes it harder. He gets 7 years, I think, not 6 years on his contract if we have Level I/II violation issues.

After 3 years, assuming sanctions, we'll still owe him nice chunk of change for the remaining 4 years of his deal. I'd bet he gets a minimum of 5 years..... and I, personally, hope he earns an extension.

Don’t forget Danny Whites role and his relationship with Heupel. Heupel will be getting at least two additional years beyond 3 based on the program status today and the pending NCAA violations actually give Heupel more time. I believe (maybe) his contract was written to account for giving him extra years in lieu of this.
New AD has a very good contract but he is joined at the hip to New Coach.
It is not a stretch for one to believe it was always a package deal and the whole "search" was to prevent another Shimano uprising.

New AD has a very good contract but he is joined at the hip to New Coach.
It is not a stretch for one to believe it was always a package deal and the whole "search" was to prevent another Shimano uprising.
You still believe he will be out in 3 years? Based on what a couple of here stated?

Please , I hope you all understand that Peyton would have went to Ole Miss if they wouldnt have been on probation!!!!
This. And with 50+ violations, we're staring at probation in the next year or two.

There's a better chance of me starting at QB for TN than Arch....... and I'm a "dual threat" QB: stroke or heart attack?

We are not even good enough to make the list of schools that Arch Manning will be visiting....I would have thought we could at least be a school he considered given the legacy
We still have time. Arch prolly knows more about UT than any normal fan, so why visit when he has most likely already been multiple times in the past. He still has couple more years of high school and if this current coaching staff shows they can develop QB’s and have a good offense also, then we may have a chance. He may not wanna come to UT for the same reason why Peyton don’t wanna coach at UT. The expectations for the kid would be so from the time he steed on campus and till he left snd no matter how great he would do he would always be chasing the ghost of Peyton.

VN Store

Back