Transfer Portal 21-22

I just wish Evina hadn't stolen the Lindbergh baby. I also wish she would finally tell us where she stashed Jimmy Hoffa and reveal to authorities the final resting place of the bones of Amelia Earhart. She is a cruel, cruel woman.

Is there no end to her evilness??

Last edited:
I just wish Evina hadn't stolen the Lindbergh baby. I also wish she would finally tell us where she stashed Jimmy Hoffa and reveal to authorities the final resting place of the bones of Amelia Earhart. She is a cruel, cruel woman.

Thanks for a bit of levity, it is needed here.

This situation bothered me the first time around. And now that it has resurfaced, I figure I’m gonna throw in my 2 cents. Why was Evina, a sophomore at the time being held to this ridiculous behavioral code whilst nothing about this storied program was maintaining any semblance of the foundation it was built upon? She was a 20 year old, who was ridiculed, ostracized, not coached and not taught life’s lessons and she whispers a sentence she was baited into saying during a moment of frustration, and people call for her head. I just don’t see the transgression.

Furthermore, I don’t understand who gets to decree that it’s athletes job to just shut up and play ball. Who created this code that was allegedly universally adopted, and consequently everyone must strictly adhere to as long as ignorant asshats are in positions of authority.

I for one was glad she called Holly out or, I am not convinced the change that was needed was gonna happen. Didn’t they extend Holly’s contract the previous season? Think of what Holly could have accomplished with an extra year or 2. Would this unspoken code of conduct still govern the smoldering dung heap Holly left as the door slapped her in the arse on the way out in 2021?

That's huge for TAMU. It was looking like they'd need to replace 4 starters. Bringing back Wells along with Nixon, and then moving Zaay or Morris into a starting role will help keep them competitive. Their post play will be a question mark, but their guard play will be solid.

What's interesting about this is that Kayla was projected to be drafted ahead of Jones, Wilson and Johnson (although likely a 3rd round pick for all). I'm surprised that none of the others opted to stay to raise their draft prospects...Jones in particular.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Thanks for a bit of levity, it is needed here.

This situation bothered me the first time around. And now that it has resurfaced, I figure I’m gonna throw in my 2 cents. Why was Evina, a sophomore at the time being held to this ridiculous behavioral code whilst nothing about this storied program was maintaining any semblance of the foundation it was built upon? She was a 20 year old, who was ridiculed, ostracized, not coached and not taught life’s lessons and she whispers a sentence she was baited into saying during a moment of frustration, and people call for her head. I just don’t see the transgression.

Furthermore, I don’t understand who gets to decree that it’s athletes job to just shut up and play ball. Who created this code that was allegedly universally adopted, and consequently everyone must strictly adhere to as long as ignorant asshats are in positions of authority.

I for one was glad she called Holly out or, I am not convinced the change that was needed was gonna happen. Didn’t they extend Holly’s contract the previous season? Think of what Holly could have accomplished with an extra year or 2. Would this unspoken code of conduct still govern the smoldering dung heap Holly left as the door slapped her in the arse on the way out in 2021?
All of this!!
I will never in my life understand how anonymous adults feel entitled to so cruelly criticize young women who are obviously trying their best. One foot in adulthood and one foot still in childhood and some folks give them not one inch of grace. And then say things like “well the kids and their parents shouldn’t be on these sites anyway”. How in the world is that a reasonable rationalization for pathetic behavior on their part?

He wasted no time. RIght now, those are probably two of the best at their respective positions in the portal. Unfortunately, they are also two players that would have fit an immediate need for Tennessee.

On to Rd 2...

Impressive since they obviously were on them during the tournament.

Last edited:
So does anyone know how this portal dance works?
Can kids contact other coaches before entering the portal? Can they reach out to coaches after entering the portal?
I’m assuming coaches can not contact a player until they are in the portal (except of course for Brenda F.)
Once a kid is in the portal does a school go through the whole recruiting process? Limited calls, dead periods, campus visits. How many campuses can the kid officially visit?
This year just seems like the Wild West. Not a chance, of course, that’s the NCAA screwed this up.

But Kellie sure tries hard.

Walz two steps ahead of her as ususal...
All the UNC men’s program has to do is watch this program to understand that “keeping it in the family” isn’t always the best decision, as they decide how to replace Roy Williams.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
That's huge for TAMU. It was looking like they'd need to replace 4 starters. Bringing back Wells along with Nixon, and then moving Zaay or Morris into a starting role will help keep them competitive. Their post play will be a question mark, but their guard play will be solid.

What's interesting about this is that Kayla was projected to be drafted ahead of Jones, Wilson and Johnson (although likely a 3rd round pick for all). I'm surprised that none of the others opted to stay to raise their draft prospects...Jones in particular.
So wait is Zaay in the transfer portal again or no?? She comitted to Kansas originally do you think they could still have a chance?

What would be helpful is to not bring in players that aren't part of the discussion. It's not difficult to follow a discussion when there's quoting involved. When you click on author of the quoted post, it takes you back to that post, and you can see if they quoted someone else in theirs, and you can follow the whole chain. If you can't do that, that's your issue, not mine.

Not to mention ... you weren't who I was talking to. I don't have an issue with you joining in the discussion, but don't act like it's my responsibility to clarify something to you because you're confused when I wasn't even talking to you to begin with.
So you aren't interested in clarifying, you would rather ramble in circles.

And she was sorry for every one of those offenses!

Then decided she was actually not sorry.

Exercising a woman's prerogative to change her mind. Or be fickle, depending upon your point of view.

But Kellie sure tries hard.

Walz two steps ahead of her as ususal...
Oh we will get a couple mid major transfers that some on this board will proclaim are going to dominate in the SEC just because they put up above avg #’s in the MEAC

UConn, Stanford, South Carolina... hooray parity!

Those might be the favorites, but I think it would be unwise not to throw in Maryland, Baylor, and perhaps Oregon. Not to mention Louisville and perhaps a rising Texas.

And that's before the transfer portal fully shakes out. There are some players in the portal and perhaps more to come that could radically change some team compositions.

If Evina stripes have changed, then we shouldn't be hearing any passive aggressive comments from her and mom if things don't go her way in the WNBA.

There's should be a poll for the most hated former Lady Vol who transferred out. There's Evina, Cooper, Diamond, SWG and maybe a couple of others that belong there.

Diamond did not transfer why her name. I actually appreciate her not to play for any one.

If you know his history and where he started, you’ll know why he’s a step ahead of Kellie & a lot of other coaches!

To call yourself a fan of a program is such an understatement!

I am surprised that they waited until after Louisville last game ! He would have had them on the bench the last game if he could have ....Since the limit of 15 scholarships are available and the new transfer policy ...... That means Waltz will have about 30 players and he will platoon 5 at a time every 4 minutes till some get mad at playing time and leave ! Just My Opinion

Diamond did not transfer why her name. I actually appreciate her not to play for any one.

I agree with her not transferring. But she took her ball and went overseas since UT didn’t do what she wanted ! JMO

All the UNC men’s program has to do is watch this program to understand that “keeping it in the family” isn’t always the best decision, as they decide how to replace Roy Williams.

Not to get too off topic, but I'm really interested to see how this one plays out. Right now their top options seem to be Hubert Davis, a former Tar Heel and Roy's longtime assistant with no head coaching experience, Wes Miller a former Tar Heel who has been a fairly successful mid-major coach at UNC Greensboro, OR they could branch out of "the family" and go for the best available coach.

These options seem familiar?

VN Store

Back