Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Just posted the same. Having said that, he said if Edwards reclassified AND Springer doesn't go pro, then he will return to Tennessee (as opposed to transferring, which according to Basilio, is a concern within the program).
So, if Springer is considering transferring, he won’t if Edwards comes. That is odd, and it says, “I’ve got issues with UT, but I won’t have issues with UT if Edwards comes.” I think the caller is way off base trying to connect those various pieces of the puzzle.

So, if Springer is considering transferring, he won’t if Edwards comes. That is odd, and it says, “I’ve got issues with UT, but I won’t have issues with UT if Edwards comes.” I think the caller is way off base trying to connect those various pieces of the puzzle.
Transferring ? I thought it was go pro, most likely or like a small chance he comes back another year. That's a new one on me, but I don't check Tony out as much as I used to

Transferring ? I thought it was go pro, most likely or like a small chance he comes back another year. That's a new one on me, but I don't check Tony out as much as I used to
A caller was saying if he didn’t go pro he would be back at UT as long as Edwards reclassifies and comes to UT. Otherwise, if he didn’t go pro he might transfer. Sounds like bologna to me.

I said as much when I posted it, and it was refuted by someone Basilio talked to off air. The BJE reclassification talk, that is. Springer may still be unhappy, but that is speculation, IMO, as much as anything.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Well, I would say that it is probably BS, like u said, but I guess if they are really good friends, u never know. Still seems like a moot point if Springer is considered a 1st round lock, imo. I'm not sure where Jaden is now, but u know they will do all kinds of updated mock drafts after the Tournament

Reactions: cardvolfan
I may be completely wrong but I want to say that I remember one of the selling points in Springers recruitment was the hard coaching he would receive from CRB? Am I just making this up in my head?
GBO!!
It may have been, and it also may have been one of those things that seemed better in theory than in practice to a kid who has likely never been coached that hard.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I may be completely wrong but I want to say that I remember one of the selling points in Springers recruitment was the hard coaching he would receive from CRB? Am I just making this up in my head?
GBO!!
No, you are correct. Jaden’s father mentioned that very thing as a selling point somewhere in the process. The father was a college basketball player and understood the value of a hard-nosed no nonsense coach.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Trying to get back on track because at this point im tired of beatin a dead horse.

If WK comes here any chance he's a one and done with a solid season or is he most likely a multi year guy?

He committed super early, like 2 years ahead of enrolling. Shut things down and never entertained other offers, as I remember. That may explain it, but it may be a case of the staff jumped in too quickly while others continued to evaluate, too. Kind of the same thing that happened with Pember, but much earlier commitment. Sometimes, that works out, and other times it bites you.
He was a Rob Lanier special. Lanier grew up in Buffalo and must have had some connections with the kid’s family or coach.

That would be the decent thing for Lanier to do for him and us. Only thing is, I’m not sure Gaines is Georgia State level. Seems like a great kid, just maybe not a D1 talent.
Lanier recruited him to UT. If he could improve his ft and lay up scoring he could still be an asset: he is an excellent defender...

VN Store

Back