Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Was it Philly? He is very connected to Knox Catholic
No, a guy named "Russ", I think. He was hesitant to say anything because he didn't want it getting back to him. Said he never gets inside info on Tennessee, but had this on good authority, but obviously didn't say where he got it.

I heard it mentioned on Tony B's Basketball Overtime following the Oregon State loss. It would make a lot of sense to hire Bobby Maze to replace Kim English if/when he gets the George Mason job.
It would be interesting, but what are the AA rules about his AAU program and getting kids from there and so on and so forth?

I don’t see Springer transferring verse going pro, he’s Top 20 by essentially every outlet
Yeah I don’t buy that bit at all from TB. If somehow he opts not to go pro (which would greatly surprise me), I don’t see him leaving UT and risking his year of eligibility somewhere else.

Do I care? Coaches and schools can enforce it how they want to. You think Bama or UK gives an F about a policy? How about LSU?

Then you’d have to take it up with Randy Boyd and Plowman.

The point is, Barnes has nothing to do with the schools policy.

Yeah I don’t buy that bit at all from TB. If somehow he opts not to go pro (which would greatly surprise me), I don’t see him leaving UT and risking his year of eligibility somewhere else.

If he doesn't go pro, transferring elsewhere would make little sense considering the situation he'd have here next year.

He wouldn't have to play PG anymore, so the pressure is off. He would add a dynamic PG in Chandler to help out. He'd likely have BHH and another transfer big-man to expand the post game. And, he'd have three solid role players in JJJ, Vescovi, and Maschack to help out. I cannot see a better situation for him to improve his stock IF he does return.....which I still say is about a 1% chance of happening.

If he doesn't go pro, transferring elsewhere would make little sense considering the situation he'd have here next year.

He wouldn't have to play PG anymore, so the pressure is off. He would add a dynamic PG in Chandler to help out. He'd likely have BHH and another transfer big-man to expand the post game. And, he'd have three solid role players in JJJ, Vescovi, and Maschack to help out. I cannot see a better situation for him to improve his stock IF he does return.....which I still say is about a 1% chance of happening.
What I dont get about it, is thats almost too many guards not enough minutes imo.
Chandler, Springer, Edwards, Vescovi,Bailey, Meshak, James.... Theres going to be one or two not happy with their minutes in this scenario. imo

It wouldnt
You can act like it’s a thing but it’s not, like I said look around, every school has kids get in trouble for drugs...beyond a reach to make it a Barnes thing. That’s like blaming Pearl (unless you wanna blame him for recruiting the kids) for the 4 dudes getting arrested for riding around with drugs and guns, that’s kind of illegal, that’s on the players.

You can act like it’s a thing but it’s not, like I said look around, every school has kids get in trouble for drugs...beyond a reach to make it a Barnes thing. That’s like blaming Pearl (unless you wanna blame him for recruiting the kids) for the 4 dudes getting arrested for riding around with drugs and guns, that’s kind of illegal, that’s on the players.
Armed Robbery and smoking some Mary Jane are on completely different levels. But like I asked earlier, do you think Bama, UK, LSU? GIve a damn about it?

I’m not believing a word of the TB rumors until I see it.

Best realistic case would be landing BHH and WK then find a guard IMO.

What I dont get about it, is thats almost too many guards not enough minutes imo.
Chandler, Springer, Edwards, Vescovi,Bailey, Meshak, James.... Theres going to be one or two not happy with their minutes in this scenario. imo

If this "dream scenario" happens, which is unlikely, you'd probably see Maschack redshirt as he isn't a one-or-two and done type of player. He's probably someone that will be around for 3-4 years so if he isn't getting major minutes from the start it's not a big deal. The other "odd man out" would be Bailey. He'd probably be used as a reserve and to spell Springer/Edwards for a few minutes, but after this season he's not someone you worry about disappointing with his minutes.

Not really. James can play minutes at the 4 and if Bailey or Vescovi aren’t hot they can sit.

With all this crazy talk, it had me thinking...what if Bailey decided to leave for his final year to be the man somewhere else? Would make sense if Edward s stuff is true.

Ticket
Pember
Plav
Walker
Bailey

Replace them with Kess, BHH, Tamba, Edwards

I highly doubt edwards will come in expecting to start day 1. Play behind KC and learn the system then be ready to go the following year as our starting PG.

VN Store

Back