Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Theres a guy on TB's show, saying Edwards might be reclassifying to this class. Caller also said if Edwards comes Springer is probably back.
Just posted the same. Having said that, he said if Edwards reclassified AND Springer doesn't go pro, then he will return to Tennessee (as opposed to transferring, which according to Basilio, is a concern within the program).

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Just posted the same. Having said that, he said if Edwards reclassified AND Springer doesn't go pro, then he will return to Tennessee (as opposed to transferring, which according to Basilio, is a concern within the program).
Yeah TB didnt sound convinced, but that would be nice

Caller on Basilio just said that BJ Edwards is reclassifying to 2021, and if he does, AND Jaden Springer doesn't go pro, then Springer will return to Tennessee and play with Edwards.

I find that very hard to believe, but he was very confident in saying it.

Those would seem like the only 2 options other than transferring schools which I wouldn’t see as likely?

If Edwards reclassify’s we can but a bow on BHH coming too

Those would seem like the only 2 options other than transferring schools which I wouldn’t see as likely?

I dont remeber who it was, but someone in here was claiming to have info on BHH. I wonder if this is what they heard. It would make sense on why WK would want to give us a look as well.

Yeah TB didnt sound convinced, but that would be nice
I'm not convinced either, mostly because the caller didn't know BJE was a junior, yet then doubled down on the idea he was reclassifying. Now either he is full of crap, or he was trying to be coy to not be to loose-lipped, but I don't know how he expected to link Springer's potential return to BJE's presence at Tennessee without drawing suspicion of a reclassification.

I lean more towards it being BS. I'm pretty certain BJE just said a week or so ago that he wasn't committing until this fall. Something has had to change rather quickly for him to change course that severely. I also don't know why BJE would want to reclass and come sit behind Kemnedy Chandler unless he values the practice time going against KC ahead of actual competition with his teammates.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Caller on Basilio just said that BJ Edwards is reclassifying to 2021, and if he does, AND Jaden Springer doesn't go pro, then Springer will return to Tennessee and play with Edwards.

This seems......a stretch? I had no idea Edwards was even considering reclassifying. I also had no idea Springer was unhappy here and considering transferring. That's a lot of new info to take in. Springer would have to fall deeeeep into the first round IMO for him to return, which seems unlikely based on all the mock drafts.

But, hey let's entertain this idea for a second and get a little crazy......IF that happens, if we land BHH, Edwards, and keep Springer....woah. Completely changes the dynamic of the team next year and IMO makes them a lot more dangerous than the 2020-2021 roster. Springer wouldn't have to play PG, we'd have a true playmaker in Chandler, and we'd have an inside game to match.

My only question about all this craziness is how do the pieces fit? Tamba is apparently all but committed here. So, if we land Tamba, Edwards, BHH, and keep Springer we still need a transfer big-man so that's a 5th piece...where are all the spots for those players? You'd have to expect that to mean Gaines and Pember at the very least are gone.

Sorry for the rambling, unstructured post. Just spilling my thoughts as the gears turn in my head with this news.

This seems......a stretch? I had no idea Edwards was even considering reclassifying. I also had no idea Springer was unhappy here and considering transferring. That's a lot of new info to take in. Springer would have to fall deeeeep into the first round IMO for him to return, which seems unlikely based on all the mock drafts.

But, hey let's entertain this idea for a second and get a little crazy......IF that happens, if we land BHH, Edwards, and keep Spriner....woah. Completely changes the dynamic of the team next year and IMO makes them a lot more dangerous than the 2020-2021 roster. Springer wouldn't have to play PG, we'd have a true playmaker in Chandler, and we'd have an inside game to match.

My only question about all this craziness is how do the pieces fit? Tamba is apparently all but committed here. So, if we land Tamba, Edwards, BHH, and keep Springer we still need a transfer big-man so that's a 5th piece...where are all the spots for those players? You'd have to expect that to mean Gaines and Pember at the very least are gone.

Sorry for the rambling, unstructured post. Just spilling my thoughts as the gears turn in my head with this news.

Springer was set on being a One & Done when he got on campus.

The whole idea of him not being happy here and wanting to transfer doesn’t make sense if he’s leaving anyway.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I'm not convinced either, mostly because the caller didn't know BJE was a junior, yet then doubled down on the idea he was reclassifying. Now either he is full of crap, or he was trying to be coy to not be to loose-lipped, but I don't know how he expected to link Springer's potential return to BJE's presence at Tennessee without drawing suspicion of a reclassification.

I lean more towards it being BS. I'm pretty certain BJE just said a week or so ago that he wasn't committing until this fall. Something has had to change rather quickly for him to change course that severely. I also don't know why BJE would want to reclass and come sit behind Kemnedy Chandler unless he values the practice time going against KC ahead of actual competition with his teammates.
Tamba is listed as a JR as well on Max Preps, but I guess it depends on where he is at in his classes.

But, hey let's entertain this idea for a second and get a little crazy......IF that happens, if we land BHH, Edwards, and keep Spriner....woah. Completely changes the dynamic of the team next year and IMO makes them a lot more dangerous than the 2020-2021 roster. Springer wouldn't have to play PG, we'd have a true playmaker in Chandler, and we'd have an inside game to match.

If all that were to transpire, it would be just about a perfect roster construction, which is why it will never all transpire. I haven't heard anything about BJE reclassifying, so that is news to me. The idea of Springer being unhappy doesn't COMPLETELY shock me...Barnes rode him harder than most others and he's not accustomed to being coached that hard...but if he doesn't go pro, I find a transfer difficult to believe.

Tamba is listed as a JR as well on Max Preps, but I guess it depends on where he is at in his classes.
But Tamba has been heavily rumored to be a reclass candidate. I've heard nothing about BJE being a candidate, and he just announced that he wasn't announcing until the fall, which would seem to indicate he wasn't considering it a week or so ago.

Was it Philly? He is very connected to Knox Catholic

But Tamba has been heavily rumored to be a reclass candidate. I've heard nothing about BJE being a candidate, and he just announced that he wasn't announcing until the fall, which would seem to indicate he wasn't considering it a week or so ago.
I know, TB even said he hadnt heard that either. I wonder if its something they just started pushing in the last few weeks.

Agree on BHH if BJE reclassified. Basilio said his belief is that Springer isn't happy, TIFWIW. Not saying I believe it just because Basilio said it, but I can see it. Springer isn't used to being coached that hard, but a transfer still doesn't make a ton of sense for him.

Reactions: HawkVol2213
I heard it mentioned on Tony B's Basketball Overtime following the Oregon State loss. It would make a lot of sense to hire Bobby Maze to replace Kim English if/when he gets the George Mason job.

Reactions: HawkVol2213

VN Store

Back