Well Coca-Cola has a problem

My local Kroger has been carrying real sugar/glass bottle Cheerwine.
I've seen those bottles too at the "international" isle of my local grocery store. One of these days I'm going to pick up one of those bottles and see how far out of date they are because I've never seen a hispanic person shop there or anyone buy one of those bottles.

Reactions: ajvol01 and AM64
You can buy the real sugar drinks in glass bottles in the international aisle at the store sometimes.

There's a drink called "Guaraná Antarctica" from Brazil that you can find sometimes. I first tried it on Varig (Brazilian airline) between LA and Tokyo sometime in the late 70s. What's in stores now is pretty good - not sure how it would compare with the same drink in the 70s though, but I'm pretty sure it's still real sugar, too.

The founding fathers were classic liberals.
What is called liberal today is a rejection of that line of thinking. In your earlier post you equated classic liberal to Marxism. They are in no way similar.
I left the Democrat party because there’s no room for a classic liberal anymore. I said that leftist assume that means I’m a fan of the GOP as I don’t agree with the direction of the Democratic Party. That’s not true as there’s no room for a classic liberal in the Republican Party either. For example the classic liberal beliefs in a balanced budget and Fiscal responsibly. Which party does that? (Neither).
In your 1st question you asked me to defend a position that classic liberals don’t take. That’s why I asked if you knew the difference.
I’m still not sure if my rambling comes anywhere near what you are asking.
Actually what I was referring to is the way the party votes. VERY little dissent when party line vote is expected. I agree on the fiscal responsibility aspect and am glad Tn. is a balanced budget state. As far as the republican party goes, seems much more closely aligned to classic liberalism than the identity politics of the democratic party of today. I try to see things through the perspective of the Bible and the Constitution. The founding fathers had days of fasting and prayer. Seems we are now about to decide how we are going to reply to Ben Franklins statement about our form of government. "A republic, if you can keep it. "Hardly ever hear republic mentioned anymore, always "a threat to our democracy".

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Actually what I was referring to is the way the party votes. VERY little dissent when party line vote is expected. I agree on the fiscal responsibility aspect and am glad Tn. is a balanced budget state. As far as the republican party goes, seems much more closely aligned to classic liberalism than the identity politics of the democratic party of today. I try to see things through the perspective of the Bible and the Constitution. The founding fathers had days of fasting and prayer. Seems we are now about to decide how we are going to reply to Ben Franklins statement about our form of government. "A republic, if you can keep it. "Hardly ever hear republic mentioned anymore, always "a threat to our democracy".
I don’t know how much time you spend here but I spend a great deal of time talking about and reminding people that this is a representative Republic. Which is a form of Democracy but we’re not just a Democracy.

Reactions: AM64
I used to drink a lot of whiskey and ginger...usually Maker’s. My fave thing to sip on is a high end tequila. Though these days I don’t drink too much...generally stick with good ole cold beer.

Instead of Ginger Ale, try Ginger Beer. Ginger Beer is what Ginger Ale should be. I used part of a can making a Dark 'n Stormy, and then drank the rest of the Ginger Beer - the stuff is great - absolutely blows Ginger Ale out of the water. It's carbonated and non alcoholic like Ginger Ale, but processed differently - for the better.

Reactions: clarksvol00
Instead of Ginger Ale, try Ginger Beer. Ginger Beer is what Ginger Ale should be. I used part of a can making a Dark 'n Stormy, and then drank the rest of the Ginger Beer - the stuff is great - absolutely blows Ginger Ale out of the water. It's carbonated and non alcoholic like Ginger Ale, but processed differently - for the better.

Love a ginger beer. Moscow Mules all day long. I’m usually a Canada Dry ginger ale guy. I haven’t tried the new Canada Dry Bold ginger yet.

Somehow I could never get that one or pouring a bag of peanuts in a soft drink.
My grandfather on my mothers side was a Kentucky coal miner. His lunch every day was a moon pie and an RC. It was a coal miner thing. As a result as a kid when I was good he’d give me an RC and a Moon pie.
It left me with a love that is probably beyond the reality

My grandfather on my mothers side was a Kentucky coal miner. His lunch every day was a moon pie and an RC. It was a coal miner thing. As a result as a kid when I was good he’d give me an RC and a Moon pie.

Moonpies are just not very good. Too much marshmallow. IMO, of course.

There's a soft drink called Ale-8 in Kentucky thats a really good mixer. Its kind of like a 7-up/ginger ale hybrid.

Sounds like my old grandpap. He would also get me some of that fresh thickass cut bologna on white bread with mayo from his old neighborhood country store. It's Goooood!

Reactions: AM64 and DC_Vol
Sounds like my old grandpap. He would also get me some of that fresh thickass cut bologna on white bread with mayo from his old neighborhood country store. It's Goooood!
The country store.....
We’d go there and granddad would get me a paper bag and let me fill it with candy.
What part of Kentucky?
I assume it was in Kentucky

The country store.....
We’d go there and granddad would get me a paper bag and let me fill it with candy.
What part of Kentucky?
I assume it was in Kentucky

My grandpap was from an a little place below Knoxville, The store served a small unincorporated community and had everything from said RC/Moonpies to overalls. I went in there once with him carrying a shotgun and nobody gave a second look.

Reactions: AM64 and dovervolz

From west Virginia.

This is very true.

RC is like the drink of coal miners I guess.

I prefer RC over coke myself but I grew up on drinking it whenever i was at my grandma's.

My grandpap was from an a little place below Knoxville, The store served a small unincorporated community and had everything from said RC/Moonpies to overalls. I went in there once with him carrying a shotgun and nobody gave a second look.
My favorite shotgun is a model 11 that came from the company store in 1932. And yes he carried it into the store and nobody gave a second thought

From west Virginia.

This is very true.

RC is like the drink of coal miners I guess.

I prefer RC over coke myself but I grew up on drinking it whenever i was at my grandma's.

It’s just not the same unless it’s in a glass bottle.
Do you have the 1975 Tennessee RC Bottle?

Reactions: AM64 and dovervolz

VN Store

Back