Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank Volnation for your prayers and well wishes. Maddie had surgery today. There was more issues that initially thought. She had 2 holes in her heart, her heart was enlarged, extra muscle had to be removed and an artery had to be repaired. She pulled through and her surgeon is optimistic. She will be in the hospital for at least 10 days with tubes and a pacemaker.

This is Madelyn Grace. Thank you again for all of your support.

View attachment 348494
Continued prayers for a full and speedy recovery!!

I don’t even think about winning the playoff, or even the SECCG, how about just some 10-win regular seasons? Maybe go to the SECCG. Every generation of Vols fans but the younger one now could count on seeing some teams that won 80% or more of their games.
Georgia, Florida, and Bama. Those are the games that mean the most every year, for me, anyway. I want to be able to beat those teams.

I think some people just assume Tennessee is going to get back there some day but man the farther it goes the more it seems unlikely. And that okay in a sense. But 22 years since you won something actually meaningful is such a long time ago I don’t think the fanbase actually realizes it.
no fanbase does.

ask a UGA fan...1980 was yesterday.

I want to thank Volnation for your prayers and well wishes. Maddie had surgery today. There was more issues that initially thought. She had 2 holes in her heart, her heart was enlarged, extra muscle had to be removed and an artery had to be repaired. She pulled through and her surgeon is optimistic. She will be in the hospital for at least 10 days with tubes and a pacemaker.

View attachment 348494
Your little girl is precious! Will keep your family in my thoughts & prayers. I have a daughter, she is my everything.
Here is to a quick recovery.....
Cheers buddy!

Just relax. We’re closing the gap.
Seems like we are further away now than ever. By all appearances CJH is an upgrade at HC. I am cautiously optimistic he can have us winning 8-9 games in 2022...assuming one if these QBs is legit. Mizzou turned it around under Drinkowitz this year. You can't tell me hes a better HC than Heupel. 10K LB gorilla is NCAA...could mean the difference in .500 and 8-9 wins. All that to say, I don't think we beat Bama, Ga, or Florida before 2023...unless Salter or HB turn out to be exceptional.

View attachment 348494
🙏🙏🙏

As a 56 year old I remember the 80s and how we kept getting better to get to the 90s. Being underdogs with all those great WRs. Always had a chance to win. We kept getting better then we got Peyton and others followed
yup....beat Bear in 82, Beat Bo and #1 Auburn, won the conf and beat Miami in 85, had a setback in 88, then took off after that...won/shared the conf 89, 90, signed Heath Shuler, then Peyton...two more conf titles, national...if you think about it, while the 90's is what we all cling to, our "run" really started in the mid 80's and lasted til 04....from 85 to 00, we won/shared 5 conf titles and won a national title....and was a fixture in the top 10-15....it was a solid 20 years of good to great to elite football. that's what i grew up on....

so yeah. this, now going on, next 20 years....suuuuuuuuuuuucks. and while im definitely not out or anything on JH and co., or the new leadership at the university/UTAD, i do have a sense of 'believe it when i see it' at this point. the last 15 years has definitely left me jaded....and i don't expect to get back to that level right now, and i definitely don't have any expectation on when that might be possible again. most of that is just due to where we are right now, the other part is just looking around the league and seeing several programs that are waaay ahead of us, so the ceiling seems much harder to get thru than back then.

anyway, i'd settle for it to look like something resembling 'fun' again....and maybe just win more than you lose....

I think some people just assume Tennessee is going to get back there some day but man the farther it goes the more it seems unlikely. And that okay in a sense. But 22 years since you won something actually meaningful is such a long time ago I don’t think the fanbase actually realizes it.
I know exactly how you’re feeling. I live in north GA so I’ve got tons of UGA folks up in my face, and a lot of bama fans, too. Of the very few that are tolerable, when I’ve expressed the exact sentiment you posted above, all of them say that they expect Tennessee will climb back up the mountain again at some point. I don’t know though.

(and, side note, although I can appreciate that they are trying to make me feel better, it always provokes that sense of despair that come with being pitied rather than hated)

Believe it or not. A 6-1-4 front has taken off lately. The patriots used it almost the whole super bowl when they shut down the rams. Mayo is one of the driving advocates of it and that’s why he has shot up the coaching ranks and is drawing HC interest.
Isn’t this also how the teams who have done it have managed to bottle up Lamar Jackson? Clog the middle of the field and make him run sideline to sideline.

I would love a milkshake with a good friend rn lol.

Seriously, out of curiosity, what are 3 of your top ten most attractive female celebrities?
Scarlett J as Black Widow
519C8068-61B6-41AC-AAC3-A0438D953D6A.gif

Jennifer Garner in Alias
FF51E0C2-20AB-4FFA-855C-AA0FA034EEA7.gif9D62A7E5-D08A-4E37-B6D6-108F7A4AD6EC.gif
Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck

Athletic mysterious women for the win...

Oh, and Danai Gurira as Okoye and Michonne

FFD90CE4-DBD4-4248-B52C-57BE75E6621E.gif

Of course. I serve a church in Knoxville. Blessed to be able to! But, I live in Oak Ridge.

Just wondering been in the ministry for a long time. Several years ago went to Virginia Beach to Start Celebration Baptist Church. Before then was an Evangelist for over 20 years and do a lot of interim work for Churches in transition. Live in Chattanooga where I was born and raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back