Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrelated...we have our medical/dental through farm bureau right now and it's hot garbage. We pay less than my employer's BS plan, but really not much is covered.

Any suggestions on good resources to shop around for better coverage?

Check with an insurance broker, they can add you to a big group for better insurance.

Medical groups get screwed with higher premiums for healthcare workers. My group is actually part of our banking group and it lowered our costs considerably.

May want to seek how your employer gets insurance. If they don’t go with a big co-op/ broker, you may want to suggest it...

Seems like we are further away now than ever. By all appearances CJH is an upgrade at HC. I am cautiously optimistic he can have us winning 8-9 games in 2022...assuming one if these QBs is legit. Mizzou turned it around under Drinkowitz this year. You can't tell me hes a better HC than Heupel. 10K LB gorilla is NCAA...could mean the difference in .500 and 8-9 wins. All that to say, I don't think we beat Bama, Ga, or Florida before 2023...unless Salter or HB turn out to be exceptional.
We all saw how much Ole Miss scored on Alabama this year. I'm holding out hope that we will finally have an explosive offense. Scoring points can lead to wins when you might be out matched. The rules favor the offense. It's time we use that to our advantage.

Seems like we are further away now than ever. By all appearances CJH is an upgrade at HC. I am cautiously optimistic he can have us winning 8-9 games in 2022...assuming one if these QBs is legit. Mizzou turned it around under Drinkowitz this year. You can't tell me hes a better HC than Heupel. 10K LB gorilla is NCAA...could mean the difference in .500 and 8-9 wins. All that to say, I don't think we beat Bama, Ga, or Florida before 2023...unless Salter or HB turn out to be exceptional.

I also think the upper limit is 8 or 9 wins considering the difficulty of the league and the uncertainty with this offensive style vs real talent. It’s not a bad place to be though. Either you hope Heupel gets us over the hump with slowly improved talent levels or you springboard from there with a new coach who can get us into the 10 win range.

The staff should be filled mostly by Monday schedule to JH. Any news of the DC or that side of the ball yet? Starting to get a little concerned.

giphy.gif
I try to add a little levity to your dreary day and this is the thanks I get. Sheesh!!

The staff should be filled mostly by Monday schedule to JH. Any news of the DC or that side of the ball yet? Starting to get a little concerned.
I think they already have a DC and are just waiting to announce it. At this point I can't think of any negative to waiting to announce other than the apparent mental health impact on VN.

I’ve listened to all these “experts” on the radio saying how we will be lucky to win 5 next year. I believe we have a lot of talent on this team and it’s about time to catch “ lightning in a bottle “ and shock the world. Wishful thinking? Probably, Impossible? Not by any means.
I'll take 5 wins right now because that's improvement over last year with a new staff and a much different roster

Heath was QB when I was at UT. I was there when Johnny was coach and got replaced by Fulmer. It was a different time. People always talk about Peyton, but before busting in the NFL, Heath Shuler was a highly thought of QB. But the '80's were good too, and full of plenty of memorable UT moments.

Add 10 more to it and I can see the full roller coaster that is Vol football. Tales from my dad's time right before I was born of Gen. Neyland's dominance on through today.

The mid-later part of the 80's are where we are right now. Johnny had come home and we had endured nearly a decade of mediocrity as he built the program. Even then, there were games we won that on paper we should not have. We all knew what did it, the Volunteer spirit. Tennessee teams never let up even if outmanned. Have not seen that recently since Josh Dobbs and Derek Barnett were here, and then not so much as a team, more as individuals. The 90's were great knowing that we would always been in every game with a chance to win. We glorified the wins during the period, but in actuality we probably underachieved with the talent advantage we had. That advantage was a credit to CPF and staff. During that period into the early 2000's, we were out-coached more times that we want to admit. The talent would pull out the W to overcome it some of the time. We've never had a HC like Saban or Meyer since Gen. Neyland.

I back DW all the way with his changing of the culture. Whine away about the lack of leaks and desire for positivity. He owes us nothing other than to provide a good program that most Vol fans enjoy and support. To do that takes a 180 degree reversal in the culture. It is past time to regain the Volunteer fighting spirit.

So let's all head down to the Waffle House and get after it.

Last edited:
Believe it or not. A 6-1-4 front has taken off lately. The patriots used it almost the whole super bowl when they shut down the rams. Mayo is one of the driving advocates of it and that’s why he has shot up the coaching ranks and is drawing HC interest.
I was wondering about that defense the other day and why I haven't really heard anybody talking about it. In theory it looks like it would work great against these offenses.

Every day that a coaching seat is empty is a day that recruiting is not happening.
Just because it's not announced doesn't mean it's empty. And if they hire a guy like house, he can't recruit til after the superb owl anyway. The benefits of taking yer time to hire the right people will far outweigh a couple days of recruiting. Which i think is exaggerated anyway. We have coaches recruiting already. We don't have to have a full staff to recruit. We're allowed to start with what we have.

Yep.

We'll be seeing much less from insiders under this regime. DW is serious about information getting out, apparently. And after hearing his explanation on 104.5, I get it.

Kinda sucks for us but...I get it.
This dude DW is no joke on that front. He’s putting the clamps down hard core internally and externally with folks in and around the program...or you are risking your job or status with the university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back