Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really might be a good time to get Mike Keith and have Bob call it a day, IMO. Let's wash it all clean.
I've told this story before, but it's my one and only insider info. A few years after Mike took the titans job, I got a chance to talk to him. Told him my dad was a huge fan of him when I was growing up, and we were devastated he took the titans job instead of taking Ward's place. He said they never even gave him a chance to get that job, but if they had, he'd have taken it in a heartbeat and never looked at the titans.

They never even considered him over Kesling, didn't even talk to him about it!!! That was mind blowing to me. That was the first time I realized that the UT AD had some issues.

redditors think its cute until the feds show up and start sending people to jail for market manipulation

Lol. Proving MM under SEC Regs is incredibly difficult. Have they made outright false statements as to the company's fundamentals? Have they tricked the markets, such as providing false LIBOR rates, as big banks did in the past?

They post silly, "let's take it to the moon 🚀🚀🚀" crap. This has been the BTC community since nearly its inception. It is the "let's all HODL together and never sell" true-believer mentality. That is not market manipulation.

I haven’t watched any UCF games yet haven’t had the time. But those are the 3 games I’m gonna watch tonight or tomorrow

I actually had to break down mizzou film a lot when he was there. I was always a fan of the offense and think it’ll 100% work here. His offense gets the most out of players and covers up weaknesses. He built that offense and is the reason Dooley had success in 2018. The biggest question was he had a few duds in 2017, Scar, Auburn and Purdue. They had a really hard time scoring many points those 3 games and couldn’t move the ball at all vs Purdue I think they had around 190 yards. But then his offense exploded right after the Auburn game and regularly put up 40+. So there will probably be some games where we’re shut down especially early in the year. Installing a whole new offense the players will need to adapt and learn. QB stats will be great regardless of who the QB is, his offense puts the QB in great position. But if Bailey/Salter can live up to the hype and get the mental part of the game down then it’ll elevate the offense that much more
The issue I have with all these offenses going back to the Mumme days has always been that if your QB, or your OL to a degree, has an off game...your team is screwed. The guys that have QBs that have the fewest off days are the ones that win big.

I do wish that Heupel used the QB run a little more, but he seems to evolve his offense as needed for the talent available so that may be a moot point.

Either way..we are going to score points, and move the ball better most of the time, and that is a great thing.

Outside of your QB just having one of those bad days...Anytime you face a really good athletic defense it is going to be harder to do work.

Last edited:
redditors think its cute until the feds show up and start sending people to jail for market manipulation
LOL, man, this is so far from market manipulation. The algorithms hedge funds use to create their own momentum for swings is by far closer to manipulation, and that has been allowed. Publicly garnering support for a stock is nowhere close to manipulation.

They gave LSU all they wanted in that game and only lost by 8 and LSU won the National Championship that year with Burrows.
That was when I realized how good burrows was. He threw a pick 6 and got absolutely globbered on the return. I think he had a bloody face from the hit. After that hit he went nuts and didn't stop til he got to the NFL 2 years later. Haha. UCF knocked him into the zone. UCF was up 14-3 at that point. I was at that game. Was a great game.

I've told this story before, but it's my one and only insider info. A few years after Mike took the titans job, I got a chance to talk to him. Told him my dad was a huge fan of him when I was growing up, and we were devastated he took the titans job instead of taking Ward's place. He said they never even gave him a chance to get that job, but if they had, he'd have taken it in a heartbeat and never looked at the titans.

They never even considered him over Kesling, didn't even talk to him about it!!! That was mind blowing to me. That was the first time I realized that the UT AD had some issues.

not surprising. They chose boot licking over talent. Happens a lot in corporate America.

Take too much time and those kids in the portal pick other schools. More defensive players on our team start looking around because they have no idea who's going to coach them. It does not benefit us to stretch this out. JH needs to move quickly. Sure, find a guy you mesh with, but do it quickly. Otherwise, we'll have no chance to address filling defensive holes for next season. This is about more than the '22 class. We need to be able to field a good defense next year.
I fear we may not be able field an even mediocre defense next year no matter who the coach is...I hope I am wrong and we actually had lot of talent was just mismanaged, misused or unused.

Lol..naw I don't think like that either...but hell man, we collectively crap all over everything, at some point we have to stop doing that and be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

It is going to take a herculean effort to fix this mess...from all of us. We could start by being a more positive and patient for a change.
Reason I referenced those two yuckels. Errybody worries about being ridiculed. Been happening since we strung 10 win seasons together. “Can’t beat Florida!” “Can’t spell Citrus without U T!” Others have no interest in propping us up and none wish us the best. Get to where you’re going and disregard the background noise.

Thanks for sharing. Such a sad story. If they cared what the fans thought they would have known that 4 out of 5 fans would have chosen Mike. They didn't care. They wanted one guy for both men's sports instead of picking the best for each. Just another in a long list of dumb stuff over the past two decades.

God what I wouldn't give to have Mike Keith calling all the games! :(

Thanks for sharing. Such a sad story. If they cared what the fans thought they would have known that 4 out of 5 fans would have chosen Mike. They didn't care. They wanted one guy for both men's sports instead of picking the best for each. Just another in a long list of dumb stuff over the past two decades.
He would have done both men's sports, just like Ward or Kesling. They just had their person picked despite the fact that everyone loves Mike more than Bob. He had to have known someone, because he's well below average at the actual job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back