Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Fulmer up to something? Hiring Steele made no sense at the time, and even less now. Tee seems devastated that he did not get the HC job. Did Fulmer have a vision of Tee as HC, Steele as DC, and Chaney as OC? Was he hoping that he could convince the new AD that most of the staff needed were in place, and under contract already? Maybe he told Tee what he was up to and that is why Tee is so disappointed? His Hail Mary at preserving his legacy? Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing.
i think at the time fulmer expected to be here as per originally planned, and Steele was his 'in case of emergency, break glass' guy. now, i don't know what Tee was told by fulmer, but i get the impression he was part of that emergency plan in some way.

and once fulmer got the git.............all bets are off and likely err'body associated w/the old guard saw the writing on the wall more or less.

you could tell from the press conference last Monday that he was still in shock....i'd imagine the same could be said of all those that thought they'd have been part of the contingency plan, post pruitt....

it sucks for Tee and Jay, i hate it for them. to go thru the pay cut deal and all that came with that going public, and just how this whole thing ended for them...it does suck. don't blame them for any hurt feelings or whatever, but the reality is, there were some really bad decisions made along the way and pruitt bears the lion's share of the blame, but a very healthy side dish of it is on Fulmer's plate.....they're just caught up in the wake of the mess and simply weren't going to be part of the plans going forward....and i don't blame the new guard for that either. their job is to move forward.

Well, they have been trying to stop it since 2008, but we finally are going to have a fancy new fangled offense at the university of TN. Fulmer did not want it here. Kiffin did not run it here. Dooley and Butch did not want it. But we are finally going to spread out and play a little pitch and catch.

Anything has to be better than what we put on the field last year.
You know what the common thread is between each hire the last 15 years? Each time we've said, "It can't get any worse". Somehow, it seems it keeps getting worse.

Our secondary has been bad for a long time. Yet several went on to NFL careers. Makes me think that players are not the problem. We need some young and hungry defensive coaches
Under Willie, Sutton went pro but I think that was it. And it seemed like Cam never quite hit his potential, even though he was good.

I don’t think he got banned. Having trouble logging on and server was slow for him.
@frank Miltoned BGS.
80185888.jpg

Some dude on VQ posted something, pretty specific, about what was going on with our head coach, some assistant coaches and players regarding the investigation. I don't know why but I saved it to a word document before it was deleted. I hope the guy was just blowing smoke because it was pretty bad stuff.
I would like to see. Can you email it to dustyrocksolid@yahoo.com ? I will not show it on here if that is your wish.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back