Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Fulmer up to something? Hiring Steele made no sense at the time, and even less now. Tee seems devastated that he did not get the HC job. Did Fulmer have a vision of Tee as HC, Steele as DC, and Chaney as OC? Was he hoping that he could convince the new AD that most of the staff needed were in place, and under contract already? Maybe he told Tee what he was up to and that is why Tee is so disappointed? His Hail Mary at preserving his legacy? Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing.

Did AV ever come back around and say anything? Would be curious his thoughts. I don't have a problem with what he said vs how it turned out. "FU money" can be really confident in an offer, but if there's a qualitative reason someone won't accept your offer, nothing you can do about it. I think the talk that trickles out from the big booster circle greatly underestimates that.

Just curious if he had any info on the series of events that transpired. Crucifying him because in a 48 hours period he didn't accurately predict events he had no control over is kind of silly.
Just curious, but I would like to know what he was “over the moon” and “gonna be really happy “ about.
How do you know he didn’t accurately predict events?
Maybe his opinion of this hire is just different than a lot on here and thinks JH is gonna get it done. Or Maybe not and it didn’t turn out like he thought.
If not I would be curious to what he thought was going to happen.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Was Fulmer up to something? Hiring Steele made no sense at the time, and even less now. Tee seems devastated that he did not get the HC job. Did Fulmer have a vision of Tee as HC, Steele as DC, and Chaney as OC? Was he hoping that he could convince the new AD that most of the staff needed were in place, and under contract already? Maybe he told Tee what he was up to and that is why Tee is so disappointed? His Hail Mary at preserving his legacy? Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing.
I would guess this was Fulmer's scheme, having no idea he was going to be smacked down for allowing Pruitt to get away with his sloppy recruiting.

Just a thought, but maybe it was Steele as HC with Tee as HCIW?

Whatever the case, he is not ready for this job, nor one like it.
If he wants to be a HC, he needs to learn on the job at a smaller school, like most everyone else does.

Reactions: ugg
I'm not a person that likes to be negative, but I'm still struggling to be positive about this hire. I honestly hope it works out, we desperately need for it to work out, but I'm still filled with a sense of dread. My BVS is at Defcon 2.

Before anyone bashes my opinion, I'm just being honest about how I feel. I would love to say this hire gives me the warm fuzzies, but that would be a lie. I get JH has a high-power offense, but I'm worried about the defense and recruiting.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
Just a thought, but maybe it was Steele as HC with Tee as HCIW?

Whatever the case, he is not ready for this job, nor one like it.
If he wants to be a HC, he needs to learn on the job at a smaller school, like most everyone else does.
Or prove he has some type of worth as a coordinator somewhere..... which he hasn’t shown.....

I'm not a person that likes to be negative, but I'm still struggling to be positive about this hire. I honestly hope it works out, we desperately need for it to work out, but I'm still filled with a sense of dread. My BVS is at Defcon 2.

Before anyone bashes my opinion, I'm just being honest about how I feel. I would love to say this hire gives me the warm fuzzies, but that would be a lie. I get JH has a high-power offense, but I'm worried about the defense and recruiting.
Anything has to be better than what we put on the field last year.

Reactions: WarMachine
Did AV ever come back around and say anything? Would be curious his thoughts. I don't have a problem with what he said vs how it turned out. "FU money" can be really confident in an offer, but if there's a qualitative reason someone won't accept your offer, nothing you can do about it. I think the talk that trickles out from the big booster circle greatly underestimates that.

Just curious if he had any info on the series of events that transpired. Crucifying him because in a 48 hours period he didn't accurately predict events he had no control over is kind of silly.
Then he should stop acting like he does have control

Reactions: UpstateVol613
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back