Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanbase has two choices as I see it..

1. Shut our damn mouths and support the new staff. Absolute support.
2. Shut our damn mouths and stop spending, any and all, money on UT football. Absolute lack of support.

It really doesn't matter if we have good reason or not to bitch. People get tired of hearing it and we've been doing for over ten years now. How's it worked out?

Fans alway seem to think there is nothing they can do and expect others to change, yet are unwilling to try something different themselves.

Stop bitching about things we have NO control over and change what we do have control of, our actions.

I'm sure some will see this as me blaming the fans, far from it. My point is, stop doing what has no affect and start doing what actually might....

Flame away....

That’s not the point. Nobody is gonna touch freeze especially TN with Sanctions on the way. Period.

Chadwell, this job is too much for him rite now IMHO. Too big and too much of a mess.

Fisher?? Would rather have a explosive offensive and good QB coach than a has been NFL coach that has been passed over and over

Chadwell is better and it's not close. Period.

He should have been the floor.

I hope he is already recruiting the state of Tennessee. That is really the only thing I am looking for in year 1. Recruit the in state kids as hard as possible.

The offense will improve and defense is solely dependent on the hires he makes. But this in state class is special and if he can go ahead and build those relationships we should own the state again.

I hope JH makes Clay Travis eat those words, I'll be real honest I don't 100% agree Chadwell or Kiffin are clearly better than Heupel.

Freeze is, absolutely he did it in the SEC too. But isn't it Clay who also pointed out that he asked Sankey point blank about Freeze and Sankey gave the impression he would urge teams to look elsewhere? All 3 have previous NCAA violations on that resume too all of which required schools they were at to vacate titles, Kiffin's were while he was an OC but they still happened.

What we do have is a HC that has/can/will develop the QB position. He walks into a loaded room too, both Bailey & Salter have the potential to be really special in this offense.

Will be interesting to see who the assistants are, we will need a really good OL coach, and I'm curious if Chaney stays on staff or not.

Reactions: ACvol3
raw

Are yalls brains deflated or something? You know that in order for us to get a big name coach the coach has to accept the offer right? DW probably did go to Franklin, Campbell, Cristobal, Fickell & others and they said NO.

Huepul is an objectively good coach who can score points and develop a Quarterback which is what we need in the SEC. Defense is overrated. If he gets decent recruiters to just get us to 50th in Total Defense in the nation we will be flying.

Plowman or Boyd should have stepped in and make the decision to punt until next November. Are the academia folks that disconnected from reality in thinking we'd all sign up for this crap sandwich?
If you punt until November you are worse off. You are hiring a coach behind the 8 ball again in recruiting and you’ve killed 2 recruiting classes. JH wasn’t my first choice but I’m gonna roll with him because I have no other choice, it’s in my blood. He may come in and do well and he may fall flat. His main focus needs to do what the last 3 or 4 coaches didn’t do, FOCUS ON TENNESSEE KIDS, this is how you will be successful.

As a fan base we’ve got to quit being so toxic about everything, we can be our own worst enemy. We’ve had tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) that we’ve turned into weapons of our own creation. We’ve got to find positivity to spread for the Vols. Someone said it the other day Voltwitter should be more like Billsmafia. Piss and moan then do something fun and good.

My daughter is starting to get recruited. You can bet I’m going look through and see how fans have been treating recruits to those schools. We’ve got to be better.

Does it concern you that Heupel wasn't even one of Danny White's first choices. I will certainly get behind our coach because that's the fan in me, but I've seen us do this time and time again. My first sentence is my worry.
Yeah, it's concerning. But this is where Tennessee is right now. There's no sugar-coating it.

We like to point at the administration and say they are inept. They never get anything right. Maybe this is just the kind of hire Tennessee can command? We've had plenty of athletic directors. Plenty of boosters in the power seat. Plenty of school presidents. Plenty of chancellors. Plenty of head coaches.

We are never, NEVER going to hire with the elites. We've proven that over the last 15 years, and our history proves it as well. We can still be successful in spite of that fact.

Ok, let's talk assistants...
Briles or Lebby? Who and why? And what makes us think they will come here?
Odom or Steele? same as above (other than Steele is already there)
Also, I'd hate to think we paid Steele 900k for a month worth of thumb twiddling.

Reactions: VolsNUT
No you’re clueless if you think this fan base has any power when it comes to getting coaches fired.
The FU money and FU admin are called this because that’s what they tell the fan base every time they make a move.
Agreed, and what’s funny to me is when I hear people act like TN has the only fan base that wants coaches fired/or any of the other negatives we exhibit. Clearly they’ve never been around other fans.

Even if we are, so what. Typically the things we get fired up about will eventually prove true. But I guess people want us to just shut up and enjoy a terrible product produced by someone that’s making multi millions a year, all while tearing down the program for the future.

The absolute biggest thing is for JH is to assemble a good staff. Coaches that can recruit, not the other way around. He’s gonna have to find kids for his system on offense and in the South that shouldn’t be a problem.

Gotta get good position coaches. Especially on the lines. That’s where we need the most help

If you have someone bring you a list of violations that the current staff is comitting, you can not just hide or cover it up. That is foolish and begging to get hit with the death penalty. We did what we had to do. This is Fulmer and Pruitt's fault, no one elses. Our administration looked into the allegations and found more. Then they fired the coach with cause. There was no covering this up or hiding it. If you did that then the NCAA would really drop the hammer down.
But what you dont seem to understand is they are going to drop the hammer on us anyway. You were guaranteed that. Yet we decided to serve it on a silver platter. Look to the schools that it was obvious that they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, and still denied and fought it and see what their punishment was. Gaurantee ours will be worse.

Someone find/insert the Chris Farley gif where he is happy/surpised, looks up, and then is sad/disappointed.... that should be the slogan for UT football moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back