New Name: PJ Fleck Being Vetted

I guess he is out then. No way Danny White hires him if some anonymous poster on VN cannot get on board right away. Danny is probably off to interview the other coaches that have rebuilt 2 programs in less than a decade at places that Saban would have trouble winning at.
Dude calm down I stated my opinion. Just because of what he has done at smaller school doesn't mean you become a puppet to everything he does. Yes I agree for the school he has been at in every hire has been a great hire for that school that much is very clear. He has not made a hire here so excuse for being skeptical to a name I hear that I don't really agree with. Now make no mistake about it he is going to hire who he wants to hire doesn't matter what anyone thinks but after the last 15 years of consistently being burnt by hires that have been complete disaster kinda hard just except any old name that pops up.

Reactions: loservol
Your reality does, mine is just fine, if you dont like mine then move right along..dude
You have no idea about my reality. Maybe you should check which university has the larger cash flow and the alumni donor base and use actual data to form a logical opinion. Otherwise enjoy fantasy island... dude.

Gross. Record + Catch Phrases are Butch 2.0
Minnesota had no tradition when he got there. He wouldn’t need catch phrases and such at Tennessee but it’s absurd that you assume he’s Butch 2.0 simply because he’s used catch phrases.... no emphasis on football whatsoever in your assessment.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Do a little research before posting. Texas is the richest college program in history and it is not debatable. Their Athletic Dept. received triple in donations than ours did in 2019 and probably more than triple in 2020 as those numbers aren’t public yet. Seriously do a little research because it is free.
My point is that any school in the calibre of Tennessee or Texas for that matter can afford to pay top coach money, Saban is the highest paid coach in college ball i believe but Alabama isnt event he highest grossing school in the SEC, we are. So we could easily afford to pay market value for a coach of Meyers abilities. Money is not everything but money, tradition, facilities all factor in and that makes us a top level school.

Fleck would kill it here if Tennessee fans allowed him too but our fanbase is so stupid and emotionally scarred that we’d somehow convince the general public, including recruits, that PJ Fleck (a former NFL WR) would suffer the same fate as Butch Jones (a player in the band) which is completely irrational and based on nothing but our own negative experience with Butch.

You have no idea about my reality. Maybe you should check which university has the larger cash flow and the alumni donor base and use actual data to form a logical opinion. Otherwise enjoy fantasy island... dude.
Alabama isnt even the highest grossing school in the SEC, yet I believe they have the highest paid coach, its not about how much they make any school of this calibre can afford to pay a coach their market value, the problem here is that they wont turn loose of the money to get a good coach. You cant seriously believe we couldnt afford to match what Saban makes do you?

Dude calm down I stated my opinion. Just because of what he has done at smaller school doesn't mean you become a puppet to everything he does. Yes I agree for the school he has been at in every hire has been a great hire for that school that much is very clear. He has not made a hire here so excuse for being skeptical to a name I hear that I don't really agree with. Now make no mistake about it he is going to hire who he wants to hire doesn't matter what anyone thinks but after the last 15 years of consistently being burnt by hires that have been complete disaster kinda hard just except any old name that pops up.

I’m calm as can be.

This is not the last 15 years, it is here and now. I don’t think we can get a coach better than Campbell (Iowa St) or Fleck (MN), yet some on here talk as though we can do better or they cannot get on board with either of these 2. I will be surprised if we are lucky enough to get one these 2 coaches.

My point is this... I trust Danny White will hire the very best coach he possibly can and any Vol Fan should hop on board as soon as he names the new coach.

Why does a PJ need to go to a vet?

And what does that have to do with a Tennessee coaching search?

Definitely a guy that has put work in at his previous stops. Think the 21 class is their highest ranked ever. Had them ranked top 10 in 2019.

Reactions: bpalmer28
There are a lot of good coaches in the country. Evidently Volnation doesn’t want any of em.

Took an 1-11 Western Michigan team to 13-1 in 3 season. Took Minnesota to the Top 10 in his 3rd year there.
This. Our fanbase is by far Danny White’s greatest hindrance to success. So stupid. There’s nothing unimpressive about this.

Attachments

• 23FEC5E3-E48D-4955-BF78-1BA3C1EE7BFC.png
    23FEC5E3-E48D-4955-BF78-1BA3C1EE7BFC.png
    264.8 KB · Views: 31
Alabama isnt even the highest grossing school in the SEC, yet I believe they have the highest paid coach, its not about how much they make any school of this calibre can afford to pay a coach their market value, the problem here is that they wont turn loose of the money to get a good coach. You cant seriously believe we couldnt afford to match what Saban makes do you?
I didn’t say that. I said Texas has more money than UT or Alabama and could offer way more than we could as well as one of the best recruiting grounds in the nation as well as a program without facing sanctions which we can’t offer and they couldn’t convince Urban to come... so yes, you’re view that somehow we could offer something more than Texas could is ignorant and that’s as nicely as I can put it

Definitely a guy that has put work in at his previous stops. Think the 21 class is their highest ranked ever. Had them ranked top 10 in 2019.
He did the same thing at Western Michigan. Best recruiting classes they’ve ever had by a mile.

Bama is top 5 in football profit year in and year out and TN isn’t in the top 10. Sure we could pay a coach Saban money but who in the hell would that be? Saban was really a nobody before going to LSU, kind of like Fleck at Minnesota and until recently Campbell at Iowa St.

That isn’t the point because you stated that Texas was ‘gum on our shoe’ like they are some Mac program. Reality is Texas is #1 in football profit year in and year out.

I didn’t say that. I said Texas has more money than UT or Alabama and could offer way more than we could as well as one of the best recruiting grounds in the nation as well as a program without facing sanctions which we can’t offer and they couldn’t convince Urban to come... so yes, you’re view that somehow we could offer something more than Texas could is ignorant and that’s as nicely as I can put it[/QUOTE
Thank you Captain Knowitall

Bama is top 5 in football profit year in and year out and TN isn’t in the top 10. Sure we could pay a coach Saban money but who in the hell would that be? Saban was really a nobody before going to LSU, kind of like Fleck at Minnesota and until recently Campbell at Iowa St.

That isn’t the point because you stated that Texas was ‘gum on our shoe’ like they are some Mac program. Reality is Texas is #1 in football profit year in and year out.
They dont produce a better product tho is my point, they are not winning Championships and we arent either but it may be only my orange colored glasses im looking thru but Tennessee is just a more traditional football power school and were in the best conference in the country, I dont see all the money they get is helping them that much.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

The appropriate move here for fans if they want to help the program and not be toxic would be to support whatever coach Danny White hires. If things don't work out, try again. Simple. Don't get in the way. Danny is more skilled at this than you and has higher chance of success than you,

I’m calm as can be.

This is not the last 15 years, it is here and now. I don’t think we can get a coach better than Campbell (Iowa St) or Fleck (MN), yet some on here talk as though we can do better or they cannot get on board with either of these 2. I will be surprised if we are lucky enough to get one these 2 coaches.

My point is this... I trust Danny White will hire the very best coach he possibly can and any Vol Fan should hop on board as soon as he names the new coach.
I have always thought this we're our best two options, now freeze or kiffin would be best but hey we never get what we want.

Does analytics really upset you so much that your rebuttal is equivalent to that of a petulant child? @Boone&Crockett
Youve been calling me names during the whole conversation, if you think your calling me ignorant and the like bothers me your mistaken, your opinon and fifty cents can buy a cup of coffee and thats about it.

Reactions: DonDiego
They dont produce a better product tho is my point, they are not winning Championships and we arent either but it may be only my orange colored glasses im looking thru but Tennessee is just a more traditional football power school and were in the best conference in the country, I dont see all the money they get is helping them that much.
It’s not only the money though, what’s easier to get to the playoffs.. beat one team in Oklahoma or have to be better than Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, A&M... Texas has more appeal and thems the facts. I hate it but I choose to face reality rather than not. I don’t mean to be an ass I’m just looking at it from a fundamental standpoint.

Reactions: Perspective

VN Store

Back